Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Problem with losi esc 9500 >

Problem with losi esc 9500

Problem with losi esc 9500

Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Problem with losi esc 9500

i purchase the combo with a motor and the esc over a year or 2 ago ago. it was working perfectly, never upgraded or setup the esc. its still on firmware D.11.01.23 but the program is upgraded to 3.0. so yesterday, i decided to used the quick program card to set to full throttle. i power it off and turn it back on, then the receiver, there is no throttle. the steering turns but no throttle. i went on the pc and reset to factory settings but still, it didn't work. i try changing the the throttle limit, but still no success. the battery is set to lipo with 2c, 7.5, which is wat i used. the only lights that are on is the blue light thats all.

thanks
Old 02-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default losi 22rtr stock esc problem

I just recently bought a new 22rtr and yesterday I was out running it and lost throttle. steering works fine. Walked over to the car to check it out and it took off in reverse on its own, then went forward,, I picked the car up and the tires kept going in reverse/forward erratically. I noticed the heat sink on the esc was super hot as well as the motor leads where they solder on to the motor. I ohmed out all connectors including receiver, sensor lead, battery leads and motor leads, all check fine. Im wondering if anyone else has had this problem or did I just get a bad one out of the box.. I tried going in to setup mode but it wouldnt even turn on, so now last night I was without any LED's,,, I checked it this morning, turned on power switch and now I have both the red and green LED on but have not taken it out to see what it is going to do. Im thinking the esc has an internal short... any ideas?