R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #436
Tech Regular
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roseville, California
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Same here. They are pigs in boosted until you really throw an assload of timing at it, then they start to move. Fortunately, they can take it.
How much timing and boost are you running. I have the same set up (RS-17.5)
__________________
____________
TC6
B4.1
FT SC10
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #437
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,681
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I was running 13.5 1/12th with one. Had to pretty much max the RS with about 15-20 degrees of physical timing. Everyone has gone blinky now so haven't done any recent testing.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #438
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,245
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Andy Moore and Hara both run the sonic

Kevin H and Olly too. They are the business in mod
Thanks for the reply/info CraigM.
JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #439
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi Maker View Post
Looking to run a Sonic in 17.5 1/12.. anyone running it and any tweeks to speak of?
Check out the Masrhit setup HERE
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #440
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
How much timing and boost are you running. I have the same set up (RS-17.5)
PM sent
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #441
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,532
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Check out the Masrhit setup HERE
Yeah buddy.

Thanks for all your info on the 1/12 scale.....
__________________
Kyle Predmore
Facebook - "AE Fanboy"
B6D|B64D
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #442
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi Maker View Post
Yeah buddy.

Thanks for all your info on the 1/12 scale.....
No problem

12th scale season is about to commence again
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #443
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,532
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
No problem

12th scale season is about to commence again
Sept 15th for us and the NW big one, Timezone Grand Prix, in Nove 9-11..
__________________
Kyle Predmore
Facebook - "AE Fanboy"
B6D|B64D
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #444
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 143
Default

Hi,
I have a Reedy Sonic 10.5. I believe that it is an earlier version as the later one has timing in numbers on the end bell but mine has small lines only.

Can anybody tell me or can point me in the right direction for a diagram to what amount of timing the lines mean.

Thanks in advance.
Bryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #445
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan D View Post
Hi,
I have a Reedy Sonic 10.5. I believe that it is an earlier version as the later one has timing in numbers on the end bell but mine has small lines only.

Can anybody tell me or can point me in the right direction for a diagram to what amount of timing the lines mean.

Thanks in advance.
Reedy Sonic

Reedy Sonic

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=4449

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #446
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 143
Default



Thanks RedBullFiXX for the info.
Bryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #447
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 39
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hello,
I run a Reedy Sonic 17.5 in my TC6.1 in blinky mode. It runs fine, but the other cars on the track seem to have more acceleration. I am thinking that if I switch to a different rotor, I will gain some more torque and thus acceleration. Is this correct?
If I have things correct, the 954 rotor is one that came with the motor. The 955 is the next one with more torque, the 956 would be high torque. By changing the rotor is the motor still roar spec legal?

Since I may be taking the motor apart to change the rotor, will I gain anything if I change the bearings to ceramic ones? Is it worth the effort? Will they stay together in a crash?

thanks,
tim
schaubro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #448
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaubro View Post
Hello,
I run a Reedy Sonic 17.5 in my TC6.1 in blinky mode. It runs fine, but the other cars on the track seem to have more acceleration. I am thinking that if I switch to a different rotor, I will gain some more torque and thus acceleration. Is this correct?
If I have things correct, the 954 rotor is one that came with the motor. The 955 is the next one with more torque, the 956 would be high torque. By changing the rotor is the motor still roar spec legal?

Since I may be taking the motor apart to change the rotor, will I gain anything if I change the bearings to ceramic ones? Is it worth the effort? Will they stay together in a crash?

thanks,
tim
The sonic comes with the spec torque rotor. Maybe you can give us your Fdr and timing just so we can see what settings you have
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #449
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 39
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

FDR = 4.0
Timing = 35 degrees
schaubro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #450
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,417
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaubro View Post
FDR = 4.0
Timing = 35 degrees
Run more timing. I run 4.0 and 41ish* in my 6.1. Make sure you have a good fan
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net