Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Best and strongest cooling fan

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If you motor has another set of mounting holes near the ones you are using, trying rotating the motor to those mounting holes. See if that fixes the fan turning off due to the magnetic field. Has worked in the past depending on the motor/fan.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This will not work with a Brushless Motor, because the Magnet is on the Rotor and therefore it is changing the position of the Magnetic field all the time wile running.

The effect of the Rotor is so extem that the fan also stopps at full throttle.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does this happen only with the R1 fan or all fans?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Are the guys having problems with fans powering them from the main battery or from the receiver?

Skiddins
Old 07-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Mine is from the receiver.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I tried it on the receiver and direct on the battery, with the same effect.

The effect is extrem on the R1.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My 3racing fans didn't do this. Only r1 does. At the same distance. Maybe because R1 has stronger magnetic field it gets interfered by the motor's magnetic field.

I am at work and don't have the fans with me. But is the direction of rotation the same between R1 and other fans?

Last edited by edhchoe; 07-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

A few of the Scalpel trucks that Jconcepts built had the R1 fan in it and they had a few burn up. Not sure if it was just something they were doing or if it's a common occurrence.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I thought it was just the way the fan was. I bought 2 of them and the sound like they are off balance. They still blow a ton of air so I didn't think anything about it. But as someone else said, mine are just black. They don't have any writhing on them. Is this normal?
The Fan i assume you have is a Gravity Rc fan which is the same fan, just no writing. I have a replacements coming down to you threw Andrew D as i assume that you are the person who he spoke of, Hopefully the new one works better. I personally have had no problem with the ones in my cars but with the chatter i am now a bit worried.

I will not necessarily monitor this thread but feel free to PM me or come over to the Paul Lemieux thread if you need anything. Thanks, and sorry about that.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default F5 FANS

SPECIALIZED R/C

NEW order of "F5" Fans back instock.

FREE Priority Mail Shipping when you order 2 or more FANS, ask for T.J.

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...id=SRCFAN30!SH
Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
The Fan i assume you have is a Gravity Rc fan which is the same fan, just no writing. I have a replacements coming down to you threw Andrew D as i assume that you are the person who he spoke of, Hopefully the new one works better. I personally have had no problem with the ones in my cars but with the chatter i am now a bit worried.

I will not necessarily monitor this thread but feel free to PM me or come over to the Paul Lemieux thread if you need anything. Thanks, and sorry about that.
Unfortunately Paul I bought mine through TQ racing. And the package said R1 wurks but the fan is blank. They still blow tons of air so I will use them till they die. Then try yours. I guess I can get them through Andrew.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

I used to sell the Cool Can Fans when we used to have brushed motors, as the magnets got heat saturated, but when brushless motors came in, the kits I produced werent required, but as these brushless motors are getting hotter with the power that the brushless ESC's produce with the turbo settings etc.

The 25mm x 25mm x 6mm fans I used (which I did a lot of research) were by far the most powerful, and never had an issue with 'stalling' (fans stopping)

Personally I still run the CCF kit, which bring the temp of a motor down by as much as 30 degrees. I will post my TCXX on here with the kit in situ. I have started to make these kits again, for the TCX/TCXX T3/T4 but if there is more interest, I will make patterns for others cars to

Malc
Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone having issues with the fans should contact me directly @ [email protected]

We will replace any defective fans as long as you provide us some information on your purchase.

I just need:
approximate date of purchase
quantity purchased
quantity of defective fan
hobby shop
email address used for purcahse(if bought online)
your name
phone number
shipping address

no need for proof of purchase since we can verify your purchase thru the vendor.

as soon as we have this information, we will ship out the replacement fan within 24hours of getting your request. no paperwork to fill out.

We have sold a little less than 1000pcs of fans in 3 months & have only less than 20pcs replaced under warranty. thats about 2% defect & very resonable considering the quantity we have sold in a short amount of time.

Thanks everyone for the support...

Steve

Last edited by R1wurks; 07-02-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Steve for supporting your customers.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R1wurks
Anyone having issues with the fans should contact me directly @ [email protected]

We will replace any defective fans as long as you provide us some information on your purchase.

I just need:
approximate date of purchase
quantity purchased
quantity of defective fan
hobby shop
email address used for purcahse(if bought online)
your name
phone number
shipping address

no need for proof of purchase since we can verify your purchase thru the vendor.

as soon as we have this information, we will ship out the replacement fan within 24hours of getting your request. no paperwork to fill out.

We have sold a little less than 1000pcs of fans in 3 months & have only less than 20pcs replaced under warranty. thats about 2% defect & very resonable considering the quantity we have sold in a short amount of time.

Thanks everyone for the support...

Steve
Would be nice if you replied to emails sent to you via your website. I have ordered off there 2 weeks ago, still have not had any confirmation that the order has been sent, no tracking number, nothing. I have sent emails via your webform and no reply.

Maybe if i name you and shame you here, you might respond to these things and i will not have to get paypal onto the case to get my money back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.