R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 01-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1wurks View Post
Thinking I will definately get one of these.
NPETRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I have been using the yeahracing fan in off-road. I found hard wired on battery power it moves the most of any fan I have tried so far. The trick to getting them to last (at least in off-road) is to carefully put some shoe goo between the circuit board and the back of the fan. Also on the wires coming off the fan. My first fan lasted about 3 weeks until the wire broke off the circuit board. The next one I shoe goo'ed and I have been using it for 5 months now. I think it is the vibration that kills the fan.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #48
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi everyone - I know you all loved my Geisha Fans. After working to buy these fans directly from the manufacture since July 2011 I've finally gotten word that the Geisha Fans as we knew and loved are discontinued.

I've been able to get the second best thing -- The Side Piece Racing Seis Fan. They come from the same manufacture, have the same physical strength but slightly different electrical design. The fan will only run at up to 6.7 volts of input current (Seis means 6 in Spanish). Compared to the Geisha Fan they are slightly slower running at receiver voltage as compared to the Geisha Fan running off a 2S lipo. If you run a Geisha and Seis at the same voltage - say 4 volts - the Seis fan is much faster!

Still -- the best option I can find! Check them out - http://www.sidepieceracing.com/products/seis/

FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1wurks View Post
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=689

Incase you haven't seen this, check this out.

Steve
These fans are alrite i have 3 of them and all three mounts have broke!!! not worth the 30 dollars in my opinion!
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #50
Tech Master

So whos tried the geisha and seis fans .....and is the seis as good as the geisha.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Yeah Racing fan is actually quite good from what I can tell, perhaps it's only flaw is the plastics on them are quite thin, if you try and press a little hard on one to set it on some double sided tape, they can do what mine did, and crack the housing.

I'd like to see other brands of fan rated like YR show theirs, blowing down on a small digital scale, as a simple test it shows something you notice when you first fire one up, they seem to push a lot of air for something so little.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #52
Tech Master

So i ordered 3 seis fans hopefully they live up to the hype....i also stopped by my local computer store and i picked up a small brushless 12v fan thinking its gonna move big air and unfortunately it can only create a slight breeze ...not sure why ?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
So i ordered 3 seis fans hopefully they live up to the hype....i also stopped by my local computer store and i picked up a small brushless 12v fan thinking its gonna move big air and unfortunately it can only create a slight breeze ...not sure why ?
A 12v fan needs 12v to get to its potential. Running a 12 v fan off 8 volts is going to produce nothing basically lol.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #54
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
A 12v fan needs 12v to get to its potential. Running a 12 v fan off 8 volts is going to produce nothing basically lol.
ya i just thought it would still produce something seeing how it can take 12volts lol
Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Hi everyone - I know you all loved my Geisha Fans. After working to buy these fans directly from the manufacture since July 2011 I've finally gotten word that the Geisha Fans as we knew and loved are discontinued.

I've been able to get the second best thing -- The Side Piece Racing Seis Fan. They come from the same manufacture, have the same physical strength but slightly different electrical design. The fan will only run at up to 6.7 volts of input current (Seis means 6 in Spanish). Compared to the Geisha Fan they are slightly slower running at receiver voltage as compared to the Geisha Fan running off a 2S lipo. If you run a Geisha and Seis at the same voltage - say 4 volts - the Seis fan is much faster!

Still -- the best option I can find! Check them out - http://www.sidepieceracing.com/products/seis/

Looking at buying two of these for Vegas. This might be a dumb question but: When these are mounted behind the motor on the rear of the chassis, should it be blowing toward the front of the car or exhaust hot air toward the rear of the car? Which way has more effective heat dissipation is my question. Thanks.
Rhymenocerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenocerous View Post
Looking at buying two of these for Vegas. This might be a dumb question but: When these are mounted behind the motor on the rear of the chassis, should it be blowing toward the front of the car or exhaust hot air toward the rear of the car? Which way has more effective heat dissipation is my question. Thanks.
I always have the fan blowing on the motor
Old 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
ya i just thought it would still produce something seeing how it can take 12volts lol
It will, it will produce 2/3 of what it should at 12V.

What is the fan's rated throughput?
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post

Do you know the actual volume of air it will shift at rated voltage?
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #59
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
It will, it will produce 2/3 of what it should at 12V.

What is the fan's rated throughput?
All it says on it is 12v 0.10A
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #60
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Do you know the actual volume of air it will shift at rated voltage?
Over 4cfm at 6v.
Fans must be run to off receiver (or anything below 6.7v). Wiring to the receiver gives you a bunch of options when swapping/rewiring electronics.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote