Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #256
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles gray View Post
Yeah Racing Tornado is High Speed and strogest Coooling Fan
No its not, the only way to get the Y/R to move a similar amount of air as the R1 Works is to run it on battery voltage, and when you do that they do not last all that long. I was burning a Y/R fan out every 2 or 3 meets. I had quite a few Y/R fans as spares, killed the last one on the weekend just gone, now i have put the R1 Works fan in, looking forward to seeing how durable it is.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #257
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr555 View Post
Anybody know where I can get a R1 Wurks fan? I have tried my usual haunts and they are all out of stock.

Thanks
How about R1 Wurks?
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
No its not, the only way to get the Y/R to move a similar amount of air as the R1 Works is to run it on battery voltage, and when you do that they do not last all that long. I was burning a Y/R fan out every 2 or 3 meets. I had quite a few Y/R fans as spares, killed the last one on the weekend just gone, now i have put the R1 Works fan in, looking forward to seeing how durable it is.
Been running my Superior Hobbies Fan off the battery for five months now! Not a glitch, sputter, fade, no worries!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #259
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Wow, sorry to hear that. What kinda voltage was this on? 2S?

I have several Yeah Racing fans hooked up directly to my 8.4v 2S packs and they've always run strong for at least a year (assuming I can avoid getting junk stuffed in the fins).

That said, the R1 fans seem to move about as much air as the YR but off 6V instead which is great.

The Superior Hobbies fan is incredible as well. Probably the best performer of the three, but the price is too hard to justify. If i can nitpick, especially since it's expensive: 1) the wire is a little too thin, 2) it doesn't come with RX plug options (yeah, I know, most people just run off the pack anyway, but the HW V3 has a full power fan port), and 3) the bezeled case makes it a bit trickier to mount securely on a flat chassis where room may be tough to come by.

Personally, my favorite of these three for the time being is the R1wurks for the best balance of durability, performance, and value.

Looking forward to seeing the new stuff from R1wurks. I also have a WTF fan coming in for testing as well.
silencery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #260
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Mine has been going near on a year or so I think, hooked to battery voltage, it's even got a cracked/missing bit, and still works like a charm.

Keep in mind, there is a couple of models of the YeahRacing fan, and only one can 2s handle pack voltage, from memory Shap got caught out with that one, got one, it fried in short time, but one of the ones he got off me is still going just fine I think.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #261
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ran my R1wurks fan for it's first race weekend... The fan so far, starts out great, blowing air like a leaf blower... but at the end of the race when I go to get my car off the track, the fan turns into a pulsing fan. On for 1 second, off for 1 second, on for 1 second, off for 1 second... .over and over. When I go to put the car back on the track later, the fan is fine again. But if the fan stops spinning for a whole second every other second on the track... then I see that as a big problem.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #262
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I haven't tried the other fans mentioned here, but the Superior hobbies fan worked flawlessly for months until my buddy accidentally put an allen wrench into it while it was on. It still ran, but with no blades, LOL.

I broke a lot of fans in crashes or the wires broke off eventually or they just stopped working. The $30 I spent on the Superior fan was worth every dollar.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #263
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Keep in mind, there is a couple of models of the YeahRacing fan, and only one can 2s handle pack voltage, from memory Shap got caught out with that one, got one, it fried in short time, but one of the ones he got off me is still going just fine I think.

Yup, what Bishop said. The "regular" YR fan will be killed in very short time if you hook it up directly to your ESC (personal experience).

There's another "High Voltage" version designed for up to 3S voltage - the part number is YA-0256 I think.
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losiho View Post
Yup, what Bishop said. The "regular" YR fan will be killed in very short time if you hook it up directly to your ESC (personal experience).

There's another "High Voltage" version designed for up to 3S voltage - the part number is YA-0256 I think.
Actually I think there is three versions of the 30mm, making it more complicated, there is the high voltage one, that I think is a 12v, but there is like two 7.4v versions, and for whatever reason, one will take straight 2s voltage, but the other tends to burn out it's resistor in a short time.

I have no idea why two 7.4v models exist, but it can make it hard to get the right one depending on where you buy it from, rcmart is the only place I know for sure sell the 7.4v that will take 2s voltage, and they advertise it as such.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #265
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have had a few YR fans die and every time its been the wires comming off the board. Shoe goo on te wire where it joins the board helped my last one survive a bit longer but think im going to try the R1 fan from now on.
MrRolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #266
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRolla View Post
I have had a few YR fans die and every time its been the wires comming off the board. Shoe goo on te wire where it joins the board helped my last one survive a bit longer but think im going to try the R1 fan from now on.
Not being able to repair ripped off wires has been a HUGE pain that most fans have.
The WTF 30mm fan allows for a non destructive repair of wires...
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #267
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I've had a couple R1 Wurks for over a year in both my cars without any troubles. They are running from the receiver. Each one was around $30. One is a 40mm and the other is a twin 25mm. Not quite the 30mm that the thread is about.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #268
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Ran my R1wurks fan for it's first race weekend... The fan so far, starts out great, blowing air like a leaf blower... but at the end of the race when I go to get my car off the track, the fan turns into a pulsing fan. On for 1 second, off for 1 second, on for 1 second, off for 1 second... .over and over. When I go to put the car back on the track later, the fan is fine again. But if the fan stops spinning for a whole second every other second on the track... then I see that as a big problem.
Reventon ESC?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #269
Suspended

Tried yeahracing tornado, both 25mm and 30mm. Not impressed. They are loud but not strong. The fan that comes with the orion r10 pro esc is the strongest fan I've had. Is there any fan 30mm that can match that or do better? I don't want to spend $30 just for a fan. Can anyone compare r1 wurks to the orion r10 pro fan?
Also, how do I post pics?
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #270
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
Tried yeahracing tornado, both 25mm and 30mm. Not impressed. They are loud but not strong. The fan that comes with the orion r10 pro esc is the strongest fan I've had. Is there any fan 30mm that can match that or do better? I don't want to spend $30 just for a fan. Can anyone compare r1 wurks to the orion r10 pro fan?
Also, how do I post pics?
When you post a message. You can manage attachment to add pictures from your hard drive. Or you can load pictures to photobucket, copy the picture link and paste it in your post. Good luck.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote