Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Tommy Kraimer!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Hard to tell from that second picture, but who is "Big Johnson"?
I just joke!!!

HA!!

Alright final drawings go in tonight should have chassis built for photo session by friday when I get to the states. Look forward to racing over there for the fall, try to win US championship!!!

Look out!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tommy, was really looking forward to seeing you and the new car at The Gate this last weekend, sorry you couldn't make it. Hope to see you at The Halloween Classic.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Tommy are you going to be at the Champs?
Old 11-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Any updates or pictures yet please?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Well??????
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Regional Moderator

I'm in the market for a new ride. When will the new kit be available? I'm pining for a Tommy Kraimer Edition!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Mr. Kraimer,

I've been such a big fan for such a long time, and I'm so nervous writing to you right now my hands are shaking!

I'm not sure if you know him, but there is a total hack guy who claims to race your stuff by the name of Mike. Mike is quitting racing to "raise his kids" or something.

My and my friends want to know if you can come and maybe race with us a couple times in Mike's honor?

It would mean so much to both us and Mike to have such a superstar come to the track with us. I'm currently running a TT-01 with a hella cool 350z (Nismo) body and a 7500kv system I got on ebay. It spins out a lot. It would mean so much if you could help me!!

If it all goes good we're looking for someone to replace Mike in our circle of friends. If you would be interested, here is an application. It would make our day if you filled it out!
Attached Files
Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zaner24
Hi Mr. Kraimer,

I've been such a big fan for such a long time, and I'm so nervous writing to you right now my hands are shaking!

I'm not sure if you know him, but there is a total hack guy who claims to race your stuff by the name of Mike. Mike is quitting racing to "raise his kids" or something.

My and my friends want to know if you can come and maybe race with us a couple times in Mike's honor?

It would mean so much to both us and Mike to have such a superstar come to the track with us. I'm currently running a TT-01 with a hella cool 350z (Nismo) body and a 7500kv system I got on ebay. It spins out a lot. It would mean so much if you could help me!!

If it all goes good we're looking for someone to replace Mike in our circle of friends. If you would be interested, here is an application. It would make our day if you filled it out!

Ah, Mr. Zane24 I will look into this matter. I have been sick, and with all the backed up orders it has been hard to get the new kits released. So busy with all the new project stuff. I will see what I can do.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

sorry to be asking this, but what new kit, and from which constructor, yokomo, 3 racing, tamiya , etc
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zaner24
Hi Mr. Kraimer,

I thought Wise was was given the boot, by the Fist, for racing 12th scale competitively. I would apply, but closeting my love for pan cars is an impossibility at this point.

I did hear that TK was working on a 12th scale with a totally innovative design, incorporating vectored screw placement, and quasi-lateral flex control...........
Old 12-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up TKX 10 is coming!

The new, Tommatrix X 1/10 On-Road Sedan will be ready for shipping in Feb 2012.
Features Include:
TKX-Locating pins: for all of the compents that bolt on the chassis. This innovative idea will help to prevent tweaks to your chassis, and make sure those mid-season rebuilds get your chassis right back where you had it before the tear down.
TKX-Dampening tubes: This one of a kind new suspension upgrade will be alivable to “fine tune” your chassis. Along with the standard 3 shock system we have incorporated dampening tubes to allow the racer to tweak his suspension settings for each track. Through all our testing we have found that dampening tubes along with the “TKX-3 Shock System” have helped lower lap times, add corner speed, and helped with forward traction.
TKX-Top Deck: In working closely with our team drivers we have found that our custom, innovative “TKX-Deck” with its 5 mounting locations will help dial in that perfect amount of chassis flex. When testing on different races surfaces over the last 2 years we have found that being able to tighten, loosen, and reposition the location of the top deck provides an added benefit to the racer. With the TKX-Deck we have seen awesome advantages to how the front and rear of the chassis flexes under loads and have come up with the idea that we can provide the correct amount of flex, for stock and modified racing alike.
TKX-3 Shock System: Over time I have seen other car manufactures use the traditional 4 shock setup on their touring cars. Today I present to you TKX-3. A brand new innovative design that allows the racer to use 2 shocks in the rear, and a mono sock in the front. With the addition of the TKX-Dampening tubes, which connect the front of the suspension arms to the chassis you now have a fully innovative suspension system. While testing this awesome design we have seen corner speeds increase 20% over the traditional 4 shock systems. How is this possible you ask? Well with the lowered center of gravity and the loss of all those “extra” suspension compents up front The TKX gains corner speed.
TKX-Super Spool: Rear spool, yes you heard me correct, rear spool. For all those who said it would never work we perfected it! With the ability to run a rear spool, you have supstanical gains in corner speed, forward traction, mid corner steering, and corner exits speeds. It is also lighter than a standard ball diff, or a gear diff. The TKX-Super Spool is not like other spools, we use space age components that are lighter and more durable than any other on the market. We have over 1,500 hours of testing on our spools before you even get one! That’s right who else will durability test parts before racers even see them!

Thanks to everyone for being so patient was we wait for the release of the TKX 10! It truly will be a game changer!
We will also be looking for team drivers in the U.S. for the start of the 2012 racing season. You can start by PM’ing me with your resumes.
We are also working on a website, which will have kit details, as well as a place to order from!

Thanks Again!

Tommy Kraimer
28 time UK Champion
Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Sounds awesome, Tommy. Can't wait to get mine!

Can you include a couple of extra arms in my order?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No wonder Tommy has been gone so long. I can't imagine how long it took to develop this car.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by robk
No wonder Tommy has been gone so long. I can't imagine how long it took to develop this car.
Yes 4 years in the making. The front suspension took about a year. And the rear spool took about 2. Very hard work. Very excite for release date!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

back to who makes this new car, is it under your own company, or is it a yokomo, 3 racing etc, just want to know the constructor, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.