Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo Drift Car Kit >

Yokomo Drift Car Kit

Yokomo Drift Car Kit

Old 10-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Yokomo Drift Car Kit

I looked through a few pages of the electric on road threads and couldn't find this anywhere. Ultimate hobbies is selling the car. I would liek to drift but now i only have a nitro car. What does this kit come with? http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p613.htm
Is it RTR or do i need alot of other things to get this moving, for example motor, radio, servo's ect.

Any info will help.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

not too sure if it's RTR sorry, however you can drift with a nitro car too. all you have to do is make some drift tyres. This can be done by cutting PVC pipes into the same width as your wheels and put them over your existing tyres, try over worn down foam tyres, they work well! just make sure the PVC pipe's diameter is about the same.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

www.yokomousa.com has alot of info on the cars. I believe they are offering them in both RTR and kit form. The link you posted didn't work for me so I'm not sure which one your talking about. If it costs around $200 then it's just the kit.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah it was 200 dollars. You have a choice of 4 bodies. Is that the best drift car thats electric?

What kind of PVC pipe do i need to get? So i put it over my existing tires not just on the rim? Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-06-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

the only thing that makes it a "drift" car are the tires. they have plastic rings in them to reduce traction and they are sold seperatly. If you already have a car and want to drift you can just buy the tires and your set.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

can you buy the tires for a nitro car. I know its hard to drift with a nitro car because of it having a clutch and all but i think it would be cool to try before going out and spending all that money on an electric car and not even like doing it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

the tires mount on regular sedan rims, so yes, you can run them on your nitro TC
Old 10-06-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Yokomo drifters

The ones for $200 or so are pretty much just regular electric kits. The one you saw is similar to a TC-3 "racer" kit with a really detailed body, drift tires and some concourse pieces...like an exhaust pipe and disc brake rotors.

I think they're pretty cool. One guy at the track last night had an S-15 with a Frank's Bodies paintjob and it looked awesome. I'm going to ask Santa for one for Christmas.