Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Corally 10SL Pan Car (200/235 mm) >

Corally 10SL Pan Car (200/235 mm)

Like Tree1Likes

Corally 10SL Pan Car (200/235 mm)

Old 06-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Corally 10SL Pan Car (200/235 mm)

Hi, I create this new post about this excelent pan car.

I have a question about its differential. I have had to remount the spur and differential dishes two times, because spur with ordinary balls (not ceramic balls) got melted. All this in two weeks. Always used Corally ball differential grease/lubricant. Is it normal?

I´m using a 6.5T LRP X12 Motor (very fast, perhaps too fast for me at this time, have to limit the ESC Current Limit electronically to 80-85% to drive safely!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

I don't drive a corally but i know that the corally has the best pancar differential and axle there is. Did you tighten the differential enough so it doesn't slip on power? Also degreasing the large rubber O-rings in the diff with break cleaner is a good way to get a smoother diff.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Yes I know Corally has the smoothest differential, it came prebuild and worked really very soft and clean.

My O-rings are plenty of grease, I will clean then with Würth Break Cleaner perhaps that´s the reason.

Thanks for the advice!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

don't use grease on the rubber O-rings that hold the diff plates. Dissasemble the diff and pull out the rubber O-rings. Clean the rubber O-rings and all diff parts with brake cleaner. Insert the rubber O-rings back in the diff. Get the diff balls out of the spur and clean them in break cleaner, clean the spur as well. Insert diffballs back into the clean spur and use only a small dot of grease on each ball. assemble diff and tighten enough to not let the diff slip on power. When you have build the diff correct the corally diff can last a few race meetings without rebuild. Too much grease will only attract dirt.

After each race meeting i untighten the differantial to unload the outer bearing. I do this to not get indentations in de diffplates or flat diffballs (when using steel diffballs) by the presure of a tightend differential when the car is stored away.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info. I rebuild the differential with all new parts and your advice and now it works as completely new.

One question. It is possible to see in next future a Gear Diff for pancar/pro10 as they are for Touring Cars ? (example Spec-R)

Greetz
Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rokosam
Hi, I create this new post about this excelent pan car.

I have a question about its differential. I have had to remount the spur and differential dishes two times, because spur with ordinary balls (not ceramic balls) got melted. All this in two weeks. Always used Corally ball differential grease/lubricant. Is it normal?

I´m using a 6.5T LRP X12 Motor (very fast, perhaps too fast for me at this time, have to limit the ESC Current Limit electronically to 80-85% to drive safely!!!
Hi i need a 1/10 235 mm pancar out of the box. Is the corally 10sl a 235mm pan car? what is the number(code) of this car? Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

@ Wingsonayr, The corally 10SL can be bought as a 235mm car or a 200mm car. The difference at the back is the lenght of the axle and the hubs. For the front there are two seperate screw holes for 200mm width and wider width.

For number codes and difference between the two models have a look on the corally website.http://www.corally.com/

@Rokosam, i can't see in the future but i can say for almost 100% sure there will never be a geardiff for a pancar. A balldiff is all you need.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the answer,
Where could i buy a corally 10sl 235mm pan car (code 00049) at a good price (all around the world)? Thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All thought it's not made any more Delta MFG made a gear diff for pan cars-1/12th back in the 1980's. They ran good!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Reading some of the reactions in that other thread i am not sure if a geardiff is better then a ball diff in our application. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...12-scales.html

From what i have read the 2wd 1/8 nitro pancars that are being used in france and italy etc. still use geardiffs (the differantial is in the middle). They seem to use them for the 30 minute finals from what i have read. When the oil in the gear diff heats up due to friction the geardiff will get looser so they will have an inconsistent car. That is why for the 5 minute qualifications the fast guys seem to use balldiffs as they are more consistent with them in the qualifications.

The ball diff has a high chance of losing it's settings in a 30 min final so they change to geardiffs for the finals.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:37 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Lees je verhaal nog eens Alexander, volgens mij klopt er iets niet helemaal.....
Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Jawel klopt wel maar achteraf had ik iets moeten toevoegen. De bal differentieel wordt door een schroefje vastgezet/versteld en deze gaat namelijk los na een tijdje (door trillingen etc etc) waardoor de bal differentieel los gaat. Dit gebeurd blijkbaar niet in de 5 minuten kwalies. Geen idee hoe en wat en waarom ze niet een goede bal differentieel maken zodat het niet gebeurd maar dat is wat ik lees van verschillende rijders op een frans forum.

Vandaar dat ze in de 30min finale een tandwieldifferentieel gebruiken. Deze wordt niet versteld door een schroef maar door oilie. Nadeel van een tandwiel differentieel is wel dat de olie niet consistent is omdat de olie opwarmt door de frictie en dus dunner wordt. In de 5 minuten kwalificatie heb je dus een inconsistente auto omdat de olie eerst dik is en steeds dunner wordt door de warmte die zich ontwikkeld in de tandwieldifferentieel. Als de olie eenmaal warm is blijft die wel weer consistent dus voor 30 minuten finales beter geschikt.

Ik heb er geen ervaring mee maar kan er wel iets bij voorstellen.

The ball differential in the 1/8 is a little different then the one in a 1/10 and is adjusted with a screw or something. That screw will apparently loosen itself in a 30 min finale. Hence the use of geardiffs in the finales.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gear diffs definately have there place, but, they also have a higher rotating mass then a 1/10 ball diff. For electric racing, stay with a ball diff imho.

Shawn
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

any one still running the car??
Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

sure, why not I have 4 chassis 10SL all ready to race

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.