R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   1/8 ofna on road oval to on road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/519779-1-8-ofna-road-oval-road.html)

bigblkblazin 06-03-2011 06:03 AM

1/8 ofna on road oval to on road

I bought this car and I must say it is awesome. I put a castle 2200 kv mmm combo in it . On 4s it was a treat and great handler .

I wanted a bit more speed so I went up to a 20 tooth pinion from 14 and went up to 6s . I had just bought some proline road rage to take the new power i didn't get to 1/4 throttle before I seen the blue insert fly about 20 feet in the air. Get close to the car and the frigging tire is separated from the rim and torn across the thread .

What tire should i be using because these frigging 1/8 tires are expensive.

I wanna buy some high density foam to make my own tires but I don't know where to start .

Anyone have some good options .

darinm 06-03-2011 06:13 AM

I have the GTP2E with almost identical setup except for the pinion, I'm currently running a 28 tooth.
So far, I've tried some cheap slicks from Ebay, Foams and Sweep treaded. we run on an abandoned concrete parking lot and of the 3 the Sweeps by far are the best I've tried, followed by the foams. I want to try the Ipanema treaded next to compare against the Sweeps. By far, the sweeps offer the best traction on the surface I'm running on.

I've read that on prepared surface slicks or foams are best, but I havent had any experience with that type of surface.

Mark the Hammer 06-03-2011 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by bigblkblazin (Post 9204184)
I bought this car and I must say it is awesome. I put a castle 2200 kv mmm combo in it . On 4s it was a treat and great handler .

I wanted a bit more speed so I went up to a 20 tooth pinion from 14 and went up to 6s . I had just bought some proline road rage to take the new power i didn't get to 1/4 throttle before I seen the blue insert fly about 20 feet in the air. Get close to the car and the frigging tire is separated from the rim and torn across the thread .

What tire should i be using because these frigging 1/8 tires are expensive.

I wanna buy some high density foam to make my own tires but I don't know where to start .

Anyone have some good options .

You may want to take some power back out of that one... Unless your just out for speed and not racing it.

simplechamp 06-03-2011 05:54 PM

You want a good belted tire like Sweep, GRP, PMT, Ipanema, or Alpha. People who race all have their preferences as to which they like best, but for playing around out in the street any of them will do fine.

Rkk 06-14-2011 06:10 PM

+1 for the sweeps. I am very happy with the way they hook up and wear.