Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2011 ROAR Electric On-road Paved Nationals at Jackson R/C, NJ 7/28-31 >

2011 ROAR Electric On-road Paved Nationals at Jackson R/C, NJ 7/28-31

2011 ROAR Electric On-road Paved Nationals at Jackson R/C, NJ 7/28-31

Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
What are you trying to say Dawson??........
Im bringing flippers, a wetsuit, plastic food wrap and happy I practiced all of those days that the sky was gloomy and thunderous! I love toy cars!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Im bringing flippers, a wetsuit, plastic food wrap and happy I practiced all of those days that the sky was gloomy and thunderous! I love toy cars!
I'd worry more about your "fan game" (ball and motor) than umbrella or wet weather gear.
I'm checking weatherbug every few hours... I think we will be OK.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
I'd worry more about your "fan game" (ball and motor) than umbrella or wet weather gear.
I'm checking weatherbug every few hours... I think we will be OK.
Do you r@!n dance kid
Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

I going with a box of condoms.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think everyone is loosing their mind waiting for the event to happen.

Anyone want two practice laps today? If so, your welcome to take over the spray car job today j/k. I cannot wait for my soda shower this evening!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Exclamation

I cannot wait for my soda shower this evening!
........ And the Mutant insects will be waiting!!...... Go with God!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
I going with a box of condoms.
......Ummmmm.......

........ Ohhhh Beeeehaaaaave!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Guys - the RevTech 17.5 and 13.5 motors will not be legal at the Paved Nationals as per the ROAR forum. RevTech modified motors will be legal!

Everyone should be on the ROAR Forum by now, right. So instead of cutting and pasting Steve's post, I'll just supply the link: http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...l-for-the-Nats
Here is what i feel about this,the motors should not have been roar approved if we can not use them for the event, iam not happy had 2 of them overnighted to my house after i was told by someone from roar that we could use them for the event including the 17.5 motors.It should have been stated if they were not available 2 weeks before the event we could not use them instead of being posted on rctech that they will be approved for the event.
other than that is it time to race yet
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah you had 2 over nighted I had 6 motors over nighted to house and you know what I'm going to run the motors every body had the motors in time so I going to run my Revtechs Somebody looks like they have there hand out for a pay day. Most of the hobby stores had there revtechs motors in time for the amount of money I spent I'm running them if somebody has something to say to me step up and say it. Or give me back all the money for my motors.. This is all BS
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
Yeah you had 2 over nighted I had 6 motors over nighted to house and you know what I'm going to run the motors every body had the motors in time so I going to run my Revtechs Somebody looks like they have there hand out for a pay day. Most of the hobby stores had there revtechs motors in time for the amount of money I spent I'm running them if somebody has something to say to me step up and say it. Or give me back all the money for my motors.. This is all BS
The whole point is that no one should need to overnight the new "hot" (or not... I haven't tried) motor just to feel they are competitive. Lets say this new motor is the best thing since sliced bread -- you would be crazy to pick any new/untested by you motor for the nats and expect to get the very beet out of it. Especially where there is a motor quantity restriction.

I will definitely try the revtech motors... but not this weekend..
Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm happy ROAR is sticking to the Rulebook on this revtech stock/spec motor issue as I've been to too many races and felt like I had to buy the new hotness battery/motor/etc.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

The whole point is that no one should need to overnight the new "hot" (or not... I haven't tried) motor just to feel they are competitive. Lets say this new motor is the best thing since sliced bread -- you would be crazy to pick any new/untested by you motor for the nats and expect to get the very beet out of it. Especially where there is a motor quantity restriction.

Not sure but motor quantity restriction is units sold to distribution not the retail.

Sure this will be resolved
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

yes but we didnt have this problem in boosted but that is neither here or there,when it is approved on the list which it was in plenty of time to be exact Stock/17.5 Spec Team Epic Revtech REV1051 REVTECH 32.5 June 27, 2011 not change your mind yesterday to say we cant run them and i just dynoed them and they are awesome so whatever i feel like george on this issue if i cant run them they can pay me back for the motors and have them.
raced a lot of roar races and there is always an issue roar has with something only reason i am racing this nats is because it is jackson the track the people and the racing is second to none.
weavernator out
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Ok then ROAR should have let everybody run the new locked motor and thats it. You want to use a control tire now use a control motor. I've been around too long somebody is jerking somebody. And to think we have to pay them to race at these events
Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran my revtechs in the club race at my track Sunday so I'm not going in not having something tested. Shame I paid that for the motors last week and can't even run them. They are sought motors and you can crank the timing in them. Not sure how they'll do in 12th scale with the torque in them thought. Might have to get a different rotor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.