Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ROAR Electric On-road Paved Nationals at Jackson R/C, NJ 7/28-31

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Roar bs

Wow. I miss racing but I just got a flashback of why I stopped. Lol. Bottom line you are all there to have fun and compete to see how you stack up at a nationals event. Put your battle axes away and stand up to roar. Roar is a business and like any other business, they have to be put in their place. As per roar ,signups were closed a week ago, that was their deadline to announce any changes. Now too bad. Rev tech are limited, oh well. No need to not allow them in this race. If they are approved they should be allowed.

I've seen this bs of roar before. It is up to the track to decide if they are allowed because at the end the track is the one loosing credibility and more important loosing racers. So my advice to Jackson is to let the officials know that the motors are allowed.

As far as racer that are against the motors because they didn't get them, man up and quit your bitching. And stop kissing roars ass. They the ones who have screwed every track that has held a national event.

Peace.... Roar nightmare.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
Ok then ROAR should have let everybody run the new locked motor and thats it. You want to use a control tire now use a control motor. I've been around too long somebody is jerking somebody. And to think we have to pay them to race at these events
i am with you george I agree
Old 07-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by to slow for you
will there be a live feed on this race
Yes, there will be a live feed off the jackson web site, and I believe a LiveRC camera as well. The link will be posted once its up and running.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

See everyone tomorrow for some practice action!

Ps. is the track being sprayed everyday?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

As indicated on the ROAR site, I contacted the dealers that were quoted as "having them in stock." All of them confirmed that they received them yesterday or the day before, which is not outside the two-week window as required by the rules. Samples shipped to vendors or team drivers doesn't really meet the standard. But, enough about that. When I made a decision to allow Trinity batteries at the carpet nats because they were the same batteries already approved for the supplier, I was called every name in the book by those that would like to believe that something HORRIBLE had been decided in a dark back room with money changing hands. Now that I've only pointed out what the rule requires and that, in this case, these particular motors didn't make it under the wire, suddenly I've aligned myself with another motor manufacturer in a conspiracy AGAINST Trinity. You can't make this stuff up...

I guess there are some people that forgot a long time ago, what racing RC cars is SUPPOSED to be...

For those of you that haven't lost that perspective, have an awesome race and I wish you all the best... Don't forget to have FUN.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
As indicated on the ROAR site, I contacted the dealers that were quoted as "having them in stock." All of them confirmed that they received them yesterday or the day before, which is not outside the two-week window as required by the rules. Samples shipped to vendors or team drivers doesn't really meet the standard. But, enough about that. When I made a decision to allow Trinity batteries at the carpet nats because they were the same batteries already approved for the supplier, I was called every name in the book by those that would like to believe that something HORRIBLE had been decided in a dark back room with money changing hands. Now that I've only pointed out what the rule requires and that, in this case, these particular motors didn't make it under the wire, suddenly I've aligned myself with another motor manufacturer in a conspiracy AGAINST Trinity. You can't make this stuff up...

I guess there are some people that forgot a long time ago, what racing RC cars is SUPPOSED to be...

For those of you that haven't lost that perspective, have an awesome race and I wish you all the best... Don't forget to have FUN.

Funny steve cause superior had them last week or the week before so did you forget to call them or did you call only a small amount of them?I still have fun racing but i can tel you a lot of things that need to change maybe i will speak to you directly one day.If i remember once they are approved you can use them.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
See everyone tomorrow for some practice action!

Ps. is the track being sprayed everyday?
I believe the Pudgy Diety is taking care of that job.

This race is gonna be awesome lets try not to ruin it before it happens.

See everyone in the AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Steve, you are so wrong. My name is Ashton Brinson. I purchased a RevTech motor from Superior Hobbies on July 13th. That was 2 weeks ago off the shelve. If you want to check the reciept, you are welcome to do so.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
Funny steve cause superior had them last week or the week before so did you forget to call them or did you call only a small amount of them?I still have fun racing but i can tel you a lot of things that need to change maybe i will speak to you directly one day.If i remember once they are approved you can use them.
Hello Warren. I called Superior yesterday. I asked twice for them to confirm that the order they were unpacking while I was on the phone, was the first order they received. They confirmed it, twice. I also contacted every retailer that was quoted as having them and got the same replies. I can only go on the information I'm given. It's the rule, and ROAR is expected to uphold them, so I don't know what more I can say about it. The approval merely signifies that the motor is complaint with ROAR rules. The condition that they have to be available is ostensibly to provide racers ample time to buy and test them before the event. It makes sense to me, because these are the so-called "spec" classes where everyone is supposed to have the same opportunity to race with the same gear as the next guy. It usually comes down to those that are protected by the rule agreeing with it, and those that aren't able to get an advantage by getting around it, disagreeing with it.

I would, however, enjoy sitting down with you or anyone that has a long-term interest in the overall health of RC racing. That's productive and I've had many great ideas from racers that are able to see beyond their own pit space.

You can contact me at any time at the president at roarracing email address. I'd be happy to take the time to chat with you.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SteveP
Hello Warren. I called Superior yesterday. I asked twice for them to confirm that the order they were unpacking while I was on the phone, was the first order they received. They confirmed it, twice. I also contacted every retailer that was quoted as having them and got the same replies. I can only go on the information I'm given. It's the rule, and ROAR is expected to uphold them, so I don't know what more I can say about it. The approval merely signifies that the motor is complaint with ROAR rules. The condition that they have to be available is ostensibly to provide racers ample time to buy and test them before the event. It makes sense to me, because these are the so-called "spec" classes where everyone is supposed to have the same opportunity to race with the same gear as the next guy. It usually comes down to those that are protected by the rule agreeing with it, and those that aren't able to get an advantage by getting around it, disagreeing with it.

I would, however, enjoy sitting down with you or anyone that has a long-term interest in the overall health of RC racing. That's productive and I've had many great ideas from racers that are able to see beyond their own pit space.

You can contact me at any time at the president at roarracing email address. I'd be happy to take the time to chat with you.

RC00003000004460 07-23-2011 1:45 pm Shipped
Order #RC00003000004460
Order Placed: 07-23-2011 1:45 pm
Customer Information Shipping Information
warren weaver

Description Quantity Price Ext. Price
17.5 REVTECH SPEC MOTOR HIGH
Color: N/A
Size: N/A
Style: TRIREV1052
US Postal Service via US Postal Service 1 $74.95 $74.95
Sub Total: $74.95
Discounts: $0.00
Shipping: USPS Priority Mail (Domestic Orders Only) $5.50
Taxes: $0.00
Total: $80.45
Payment Type

i guess the date here should solve that issue
Old 07-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

It appears that your motor was shipped on the 23rd, which is not the day before yesterday, but still well inside the two week window. Thanks for the information.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ashton Brinson
Steve, you are so wrong. My name is Ashton Brinson. I purchased a RevTech motor from Superior Hobbies on July 13th. That was 2 weeks ago off the shelve. If you want to check the reciept, you are welcome to do so.
ashton post you reciept please

Last edited by Warren Weaver; 07-27-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Good luck to all the Florida racers attending & Good luck Ashton hoep all is resolved since I can confirm your purchase as well since I was there when u bought it
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Video?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ohhh i am so gald i skipped this race.

EA, after nats and things settle down I wouldn't mind chatting about the motors and lipos. pm me when things calm down.

on a side note, I believe the "club" had to fill out paper work in order to be awarded Paved Nats,

why am I reading about all the time and personal expense people are putting into it. if you can't do it, don't ask for it.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows, or should know how much work and time goes into prepping for a big race. for all those of past, current, and future big races,

THANK YOU.

and thank you to all the little local clubs who have guys showing up hours before the race to get the day going so the rest of us and play.

(ps, i do wish i was there when the roar tech guys says, sorry can't run it just to watch the melt down)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.