Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 1:10 F1

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lessen
Ph3nyx - Could you enlighten us on the kit spring rates? Center/sides/front.
Unfortunatly there's no info in the kit nor the manual ...
Old 08-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theatriks
Why serpent doesn't make there own parts ?
Because Serpent is a few people in an office in the Netherlands. Like most companies these days they worked out a long time ago that it was cheaper to have the parts made in the far east and shipped from there than to make them in their own factory in Heemestede, they shut their own factory in 2008.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Because Serpent is a few people in an office in the Netherlands. Like most companies these days they worked out a long time ago that it was cheaper to have the parts made in the far east and shipped from there than to make them in their own factory in Heemestede, they shut their own factory in 2008.

Soo what your saying is potentially all these different kits that are offered these days can be coming from just a couple different manufacturers?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This isn't that much different than the full scale world. Ford doesn't make every tail light that goes on their cars. They design it and hire somebody else to manufacture it. That's business folks and it's not limited to vehicles. That's the way the world goes round.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lessen
This isn't that much different than the full scale world. Ford doesn't make every tail light that goes on their cars. They design it and hire somebody else to manufacture it. That's business folks and it's not limited to vehicles. That's the way the world goes round.

Ya i know i hear ya ...the funny thing is theres always the manufacturer wars ..you know the x brand is better then y brand but whats funny is that most of these cars can be made in the same place LOL...
Old 08-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Ultimately, when a person decides that he/she prefers brand X over brand Y for whatever reason, that's due to both the end result of the product and the users expectations. Design, material choice, parts supplier etc. are all based on development and decisions made by "X" r/c company. Yes, many of todays rigs CAN be made at the same factory and I wouldn't doubt that maybe a couple of them actually are. However, at the end of the day the differences stem from choices said companies make and do have control of. To me, that still makes a Serpent, a Serpent; a Capricorn, a Capricorn; and a VBC, a VBC.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
On some cars in some configurations the top of the shock hits something, but the rod end is smaller and will not interfere. Therefore guys reverse the shock.
I had not thought about that since every car I have owned didn't have that hind of problem.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
I had not thought about that since every car I have owned didn't have that hind of problem.
Welcome to F1, home of the "make it work" setup
Old 08-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

It seems a F103 original type front end or similar is needed to convert the car to 200 foam config. Maybe Serpent is working on its own system but the car is sold in 180 mm by now.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,any feedback on this Serpent F110 ? Im waiting to see a review so I can choose between this and the tamiya.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Ran the F110 for the first time on sunday in Australia and with no track time at all, just a run on the kitchen floor I was very pleased with it. For our Ozzie tracks the ride height came up 1mm, the mono shock piston went to 2 holes from factory set up, left the 800wt oil in but that will go down as well. Steering was excellant and I'll tone that down abit, I used a used set of R1's and with the track damp and cold the car handled very well, generally R1's dont like the cold but the F110 didn't go but this rule.

The manual needs to be downloaded to start the build. I used the 3racing FGX front and rear wing as I really like the look of these and after using the FGX for a season and a half found them to be very strong. Using the FGX rear wing requires a 3mm shim to clear the rear pod wing brace. The front wing screws on just like the supplied lexan wings.

You will need to purchase - spur gears, pinion gears, body and tyres as none of these are supplied.

A write UP will be on http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...-manufacturers in the coming week, I used the SPEED PASSION F-68 Body I moved the front body post to between the 2 screws that holds the wing brace on, drilled a 2.5 mm hole put in a m3 set screw then tightened the post on, it just gives more clearance to the nose, ones I know that fit are TAMIYA with extra bits in the rear cut out, The FGX Body fits as well.
I'd like to thank Walter and Jay at WALTER RC HOBBY CITY for F110. http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/inde...th-ep-2wd.html
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 1:10 F1-p1010118.jpg   Serpent 1:10 F1-p1010120.jpg   Serpent 1:10 F1-p1010119.jpg   Serpent 1:10 F1-p1010072.jpg   Serpent 1:10 F1-p1010114.jpg  

Old 08-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana
Hi guys,any feedback on this Serpent F110 ? Im waiting to see a review so I can choose between this and the tamiya.
Go see Jay at WALTERS

GET THE SERPENT

WILL
Old 08-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana
Am also interested to see how this car performs against other F1's. Had my mind set on a 3 Racing F113, but when I saw the Serpent I'm now considering it as it has local (for me) parts support, and it looks like a quality build.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Well for the first run on a track and a damp one at that the times for the F110 was 1 sec off the pace remembering I had never driven the F110 on a asphalt surface before yesterday in fact only finished building at 10.30 saturday night, that speaks for itself right there in my eyes.

WE KNOW YOU WANT ONE.....
Old 08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Built, and ready to go. First test Thursday night on the carpet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.