So that people can see the answers?

Nice body on your F110!
I made an Ferrari F60 for mine :-)
Thanks for the kind words on my F110 MERC BODY

As requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Heldens View Post
Well let me ask a silly question:
- which tools do I have to buy to put the F110 together and maintain it?
Partnumbers would be a big help ( 1.5, 2 , 2.5, 3, mm hexes 5.5, 7 mm socket pretty much the standard tools I use the EXCEED brand tools )
Thanks.

Furthermore:
Do you guys use tire warmers on rubber tires on asphalt? ( DEFINITELY )
For how long a time and at what temp? ( 45 TO 50 degrees 10 to 15 before race starts )
Which tire warmer best to use? For exemple the one from GT Power? ( that is the one I use great little unit )
Rapping the tires in tissuepaper before putting the warmers on them? ( No need with the wrap style the GT POWER unit uses )
Which tire additives best to use on Ride rubbertires on asphalt? ( GRIPPER V3 is what I use )
Which is the ETS mandatory tire additive? ( UNSURE what europe uses )
Which percentage of the tire surface best to put tire addivite on?( 100% rear, outer 50% front )

Hope this helps also check out the build before going ahead will give some handy hints to make job easier

http://www.rcformula1.com.au/images/...f110_build.pdf

Last edited by DIRTMONKEY; 08-04-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: reposted the link as didn't work
Old 11-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,
Is anyone running their shorty lipo all the way back with the esc and receiver in front of the lipo? Just wondering if it makes a large difference in rear traction without sacrificing too much steering. Thanks in advance.
Andrew.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Sorry for a late post.
But you defenetly are going to experience some difference with the weight.
I think with the Ride tyres you don't want to drive with the lipo all the way in the back.
I drive the lipo in the middel of the car. It is good for me. Allthough I can use some weight in the front with rubber tyres.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info space man. I saw a picture of an F110 at an ETS race and saw the shorty all the way back and was curious if anyone had a good experience with the layout. I think I'll stick with the shorty in the middle.
AK
Old 11-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hi AK,

It is possible to run the lipo in the rear part of the layout.
I think the person did this because of low traction.
But the more weight you put to the back to create more rear traction the less steering you get because the weight moves to the rear. So then you shall have to setup the front for more steering.
I find that I rather have understeer then oversteer.

Regards,
Tim
Old 12-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Tech Adept

Not much going on in this thread, so I thought I come up with a noob question.

Do I understand it right, that camber is only adjusted with the pivot balls and not with the trackrods?
So the trackrods are only used to adjust caster?

Thank´s in advance!
Old 12-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Nope turnbuckle links for both camber and castor. You could use the pivot ball to adjust camber, but the camber link is right on top and easier to adjust.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, was reading the recent ETS race report where David Erhbar came 3rd overall. The report said he was using a prototype F110. Anyone know anything about a potential new Serpent F1 car?
Old 12-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yeah I read that too! I'd be happy enough just to see Erhbar's setup from the ETS! The team drivers don't tend to post F110 setups for some reason?
Old 12-25-2014, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Seen the price of the F110 at walter rc?
Very cheap at the moment, that usually means something is in the works
Old 12-25-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hopefully they'll fix the problem of the lower steering/suspension blocks moving after hitting something, and stopping the upper "y" pieces from breaking, that's what annoyed me the most when I had one.

If they can address & fix those problems alone, then they won't have to do too much to the rest of the car to make it any better.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

I find that if you flip around the ride height adjusters so the "closed" end rests against the suspension blocks it helps to prevent them from moving. It's the opposite of the instructions and 12 scales.

What I find odd is that the metal replacement bulkhead is now discontinued and nothing to replace it?? It was the weak part of the car. It was the only hop up that the car needs. It should have been an original part.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AKRacing
Hey guys, was reading the recent ETS race report where David Erhbar came 3rd overall. The report said he was using a prototype F110. Anyone know anything about a potential new Serpent F1 car?
I couldn't find an article mentioning a prototype F110, only thing I read was that it was his 2nd time running the car. Pictures I seen of his car didn't look special at all. So who knows what is coming and when.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
I couldn't find an article mentioning a prototype F110, only thing I read was that it was his 2nd time running the car. Pictures I seen of his car didn't look special at all. So who knows what is coming and when.
Here. http://teamserpent.com/blog/2014/12/...-formel-class/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.