Wiki Posts
Search

Mi2 v.s TRF415 v.s RDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Phil C
... The mi2 kinda sucks.....
This is just an opinion, there's no real arguments. When you say like this, it's tempting to conclude, that your mate cant setup a car.... So do both your mate and us a favor, and tell some fact.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by vi3tishduy
how well does the car handle?
The car handles quite nicely. It can be set up to run aggressively or smooth and laid back. It all depends on your driving style. With any car you can tune yourself out when trying to do too much. What works for some may not work for others. There has never been a car on the market that EVERYONE has liked. Some how some way we all find what we don't like about a particular car. Visit the Schumacher thread and ask some questions and then go over to the 415 thread and do the same. The RDX isn't out yet to my knowledge so it can't really be factored in. Asking the questions that you did on this thread started sort of a VS type thread where biased opinions are starting to fly. Do the research on the threads I mentioned and go from there. Good luck car shopping!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:23 AM
X2
Tech Regular

LOL I cant beleive a guy on here is asking a schumacher sales manager if his product is better than somebody elses
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

the mi2 is an exceptional car with a very smooth tranny.
suspension is awesome and options for diff, spool and one way allows you to tune it the way you like it
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats why im not answering...I am biased...lol!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Take it from a touring car whore! I have driven{owned} every different car in the past 2 years. Ask anyone who knows me. I have been driving my Mi2 for about 6 months now and can honestly say that the Mi2 is an excellent choice.The first time I put in on the track I was amazed because it was spot on the first time out.Dont get me wrong, the 415 is also an very nice car and in my opinion feels very similar to the mi2 in the way it drives. As far as support and parts availability,I have had no problems getting parts from Schumacher Usa.They fully support the Mi2 owners with not only parts availabilty,but also tech support. I will not say another car is not a good choice but if you want a excellent car with the excellent tech support,the Mi2 is a no brainer IMO.

Its ok your biased Adrian!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

I spose i was being a little harsh saying the mi2 sucks. I was just repeating what my mate sed. Ive had no expirience with the car myself. To be honest there isnt anything better about any of the newer cars than the others. Its just personal preferance. Both cars are good on asphalt and carpet tho i hear (from top national results)
Marc Rheinard won the lrp masters(indoors on carpet) in Eppelheim Germany with the 415. He got tq and won all 3 legs of the finals.
Teemu qualified 2nd and came 2nd overall with his mi2. This shows they are obviously both good on carpet.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

I'm having trouble getting parts. I'd like to purchase carpet rear shcok towers and a front spool. I tried the web site without luck. Can someone help here?
Old 10-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

In case I was unclear, it is for the mi2.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 212 (100%+)

Go to www.speedtechrc.com. Steve Wang will hook you up
Old 10-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

edseb - Hobbytown San Marcos can get you what you need too. Email me with your problems with the website so we can fix it.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Well, i'm starting to lean towards the Mi2, but i did hear that the shocks were really hard to assemble, and I do re-assemble my shocks after every race but. I'm not sure if its true or not. Another thing, I can order parts directly from www.schumacherusa.com ? And what hop-ups are needed for Mi2? (come on trf415 guys....)
Old 10-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

the current shocks work fine, but,,,they are a little tricky to get used to, a little more complicated to assemble and get consistent..

If you wait just a month or so, the new shocks will be released, will be uber nice.

alternatively, most guys are currently using Tamiya shocks, as these are the best shocks on the market....For now anyways

also, if you wish to use the low towers, and retain the kit shocks, cut 2mm off the end of the shock shaft, and 2mm off the ball cup. this will enable you to get low enough ride height with the low towers.

as for hopups, a oneway (if your track suits one), and maybee the alloy rear hubs, as they allow finetuning of the rear Roll centre, they also provide better geometry.

otherwise, the alloy hingepin mounts are good =)
Old 10-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Ugh, well speed tech rc have the new Mi2 with the new shocks? or do i have to buy them separately? And thanks Gavin, If you want to please list the hop-ups needed for this car. Sigh.. I still cant decide.. Mi2 or TRF415..
Old 10-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Mi2 is awesome value for money, in that it comes with all the alloy bulkheads, layshaft mounts, threaded shocks etc. all of which were optional upgrade parts on the similarly priced Mission.

the beuty of the car is that there is a bunch of optional parts available, not totally required to go fast, but give you added options, and a little razzle dazzle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.