Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Mi2 v.s TRF415 v.s RDX >

Mi2 v.s TRF415 v.s RDX

Mi2 v.s TRF415 v.s RDX

Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah saddle packs suck. The only gripe I got on the Xray.
As for the Mi2....it's not the purple anodizing thats for sure...LOL. I like the fact that you can move the battery slightly. I just think it doesn't have as much cons as the others. I don't know about how it does on carpet but a guy at our club owned one and he was fast. The TRF is pretty & fast but would be way too $$$ for me in long run. Then you'll want to get the new susp. and so on....heck it might even be replaced soon with a 415II or 416 or... the way Tamiya is. LOL
How could you not like the Losi brand? I'll miss my XXX-SG+ LOL
Old 10-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

I really love my Corally Assasin and the RDX looks to improve on that. Parts can be a problem, but that's the issue with Mi2 also (which I have). The Tamiya is expensive and the money saved can be put in to back up parts for either car. Any of the cars listed can be made competitive. I'd consider parts availability as a major concern, although if you have spares you could go with anyone of those cars. I'd also consider the XRay.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:39 AM
The Evicerator

Didn't a Losi XXXS TQ and win the ROAR Stock National Championship there in 2002?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default Car kits

Hi,

There are really no bad cars when you are looking at the top of the game.

The Schumacher, Tamiya and Corally are all good chassis.

If you go for a belt-driven car, then I would recommend the TRF415. The drivetrain is extremely nice done, and the quality is very good.

When you go for a shaft-driven car, then I would only go for the TC4. Design is proven already, and Asso is only bringing stuff out that's tested and proven.
The pro4 is having some problems.

Thomas
Old 10-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Pro4 having some problems? Wich problems are you referring to?
I've had only minor problems with mine so far, 1 broken arm and 1 stripped gear. Both after a major crash at the end of the straight............

The Pro4 is really smooth, nothing like the AE, wich sounds like an train on nitro...........
Old 10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Erlend
Pro4 having some problems? Wich problems are you referring to?
I've had only minor problems with mine so far, 1 broken arm and 1 stripped gear. Both after a major crash at the end of the straight............

The Pro4 is really smooth, nothing like the AE, wich sounds like an train on nitro...........
The diffgears are not as smooth as teh TC4's is.
The arms are to soft, and the chassis is not that rigid as the TC4's.
Durability is for the TC4 better as for the pro4.

Thomas
Old 10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally posted by 840918001
The diffgears are not as smooth as teh TC4's is.
The arms are to soft, and the chassis is not that rigid as the TC4's.
Durability is for the TC4 better as for the pro4.

Thomas
How can the TC4 diffcases be smoother than a Pro4's? they are the same as a TC3 and the Pro4 beats that hands down there!
The chassis may be stiffer, but once its tweaked thats it,nothing you can do. And what about if you are racing on tarmac? stiffer isnt always better.
How do you know the TC4 is more durable? it isnt released yet!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

I memba when i ran carpet with my TC3 couple years ago. I could hear the car from the driver stand...... my gear mesh was always set correctly & gears lubed.... Ok maybe I'm exagerating a lil'.

Back to the orig. topic of this post. All the cars are good!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by X2
How can the TC4 diffcases be smoother than a Pro4's? they are the same as a TC3 and the Pro4 beats that hands down there!
The chassis may be stiffer, but once its tweaked thats it,nothing you can do. And what about if you are racing on tarmac? stiffer isnt always better.
How do you know the TC4 is more durable? it isnt released yet!!!
The TC4 im sure will have the same diff cases as the NTC3 whick have been updated to be more free. I had some of those 37.00 Warpspeed modified diff cases and the NTC3 case are just as free for 10.00 a pair. I more than positive it just a running change that will be on the TC4 since the NTC3+ and FT both have them
Old 10-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Evicerator
Didn't a Losi XXXS TQ and win the ROAR Stock National Championship there in 2002?
Wasnt that 2 years ago? Werent Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfied, Buster Duglas,and Mohamed Ali champions at one time?

Arent you guys (im assuming you have a sponcership with them) making a new car
Old 10-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

I had a Mi2 when it first came out. While it is a good car, it is fairly limited. It is a good car for asphalt. If you plan on racing on carpet or anything with foams, you're better off getting a different car. The chassis flexes a lot. Parts support is ok at best. While the belt set-up is neat to look at it is not as snappy as that of the 415. It's not as easy to set-up as the 415 but once it is set up correctly, you should be able to run with anyone on the track (assuming you have the motors, batteries and electronics to make up for the lack of throttle response). It is one of the smoothest, most consistant cars I have ever driven.
I currently run the 415. It is one of the best cars I have ever run. While the parts support could be better, I seem to have no problem getting parts from Japan in under 1.5 weeks. So far I love the car and it is also easier to set up IMO.
The Corally looks like a good car, but we haven't seen it run yet. I am considering purchasing one when it comes out but the parts support is what might keep me from doing that.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Mi2 FYI

About 7 years ago we had a problem with our distributors not stocking enough parts to satisfy dealer demand. Since we have gone to direct to dealer distribution there has been no supply issue.

You can go to the link below and see what is in stock at Schumacher USA in real time. The only stuff you will see missing are S1 chassis parts because we only import the Carbon Pro version and a few brand new parts like the new spool.

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/produ...ategory=Mi%2D2

We have hundreds of pieces of all the normal day to day stuff like arms, caster blocks, etc.

If you have any questions about our service ask the guys on the Schumacher Corner thread
Old 10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

koabich - It may not have been out when you had your Mi2 but we have a narrower, thicker, fixed battery position chassis now. All the guys on carpet are doing really well with it.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 212 (100%+)

While all 3 are good cars, I can only talk about the 415 and the Mi2 (which I own) I have driven a fellow club members 415, and it was very planted..but too aggressive for my driving style. If I had had one to play with for some time, it might be more comfortable to me. The thing that sold me on the Mi2 was the company behind the kit. I've got to know Adrian and Paul over the last 4 years, and support is second to none. Between calling them direct and visiting thier thread here, I'm always able to get the technical advice I need, and good race chatter to boot. And on top of that, the car is very easy to drive, reacts to subtle changes well, and it's fast. I only race on asphalt, and the car just keeps getting better The support after the sale makes the Mi2 a top pick for me
Old 10-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
i have seen the mi2 and the 415 in action and i can say that in terms of handling 415 takes the cake. however i still havent seen its durability.

get the 415!! its my .02 cents worth
Hmmm. This says more about these two drivers ability to setup their car, than it says about the cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.