Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 13.5t Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Best 13.5t Motor?

Already got myself a speedpassion 13.5t in my Mi4 with a hobbywing xtreme stock. Have now got an xray t3 11 on order with another xtreme esc.

Should I stick with the speedpassion or is there something quicker out there? Was looking at the GM or Nosram range.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

The SpeedPassion is great I love that the cables are connected to the back of the motor, then there's space for a fan without resoldering the cables.

Of course there may be faster stuff out there, but the differences will be small.
By the way, you don't have the best ESC on the market, so you can start there if you REALLY want power
Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skynet
The SpeedPassion is great I love that the cables are connected to the back of the motor, then there's space for a fan without resoldering the cables.

Of course there may be faster stuff out there, but the differences will be small.
By the way, you don't have the best ESC on the market, so you can start there if you REALLY want power
I have a Speed Passion, Duo 3 and an LRP X12. They all perform well with the SP probably the easiest to find the sweet spot and the lowest temps.
only just got the X12 and it seems wicked fast, but still trying to find the right settings to keep temps down
Also, nothing wrong with Extreme stock, thats what I am using
Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skynet

Might be a question for the rookie section, but here goes...

What makes the ESC the part in the chain that effects power output the most? I would assume that the motor would be the biggest "difference maker".
Old 06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Regional Moderator

As far as spec or "non-boost" goes, the motor is most likely more important than the ESC. Once you allow boost, then the ESC matters more than the motor, since you can tweak the ESC to work around limitations in the motor.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
Already got myself a speedpassion 13.5t in my Mi4 with a hobbywing xtreme stock. Have now got an xray t3 11 on order with another xtreme esc.

Should I stick with the speedpassion or is there something quicker out there? Was looking at the GM or Nosram range.
Can't go wrong with any of those, but it you like the Speed Passion stuff. Why not stick with it? Speed Passion has some new stuff in the works. Like new sensor boards with more timing for V3 motors that will be awesome in the non boost classes.