Wiki Posts
Search

RC Donations needed !! Please help if you can

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up RC Donations needed !! Please help if you can

Fellow RC racers, We need your help. Our club, Brevard Electric Auto Racers is starting a relationship with Boy Scouts of America and GO-RCing.org. We are finalizing details for a new Explorer crew (14-21 year olds) focusing on RC under the BSA Auto Mechanics program. Styled as a GO-RCing.org program, we're in need of donations to get things going. BSA requires 5 members to start. We have that and more interested.

The BSA/GO-RCing.org program will utilize Tamiya Mini chassis so our immediate need is for roller chassis. If you have an M03 or M05 sitting around...we could use it.

Novak is helping us out with some esc's but if you have an older brushed motor esc with reverse, please consider donating it.

Radios and receivers. Have an older radio and receiver you want out of your work space ?....donate it !! AM, FM,2.4ghz would all work.

Although equipment donations are preferred, if you, your club or your shop wish to make a monetary donation; they would be greatfully accepted.

We expect this program to get larger. We already have interest from other scouting groups representing all the age groups.
As you can imagine, this effort would be a great boost for our small club and for RC racing in general.
We are currently the only rc on road program in the county and we're showing steady growth but other club needs have left us with no expendable cash. Give us some help if you can or just spread the word of what we're doing.

Address to send all donations :

Brevard Electric Auto Racers
510 California Ave. NE
Palm Bay, FL 32907

THANKS ALL !!!
WWW.BEAR-RC.COM
Take a look at our website and feel free to contact me
For go-rcing details got to www.GO-RCing.org.

Last edited by Evoracer; 06-01-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Want to keep this up at the top.

Getting good responses. Thanks to everyone who contacted me so far. As things come in I'll make sure I mention your username.

WE NEED YOUR UNUSED TAMIYA MINI CHASSIS !! If you've got an M03 or M05 roller, we can put it to good use.

If you have anything to donate, please let us know. If we can't use it in the program we'll clean it up, check it out and try to sell it or trade it for something we can.

THANKS FOLKS !!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
...WE NEED YOUR UNUSED TAMIYA MINI CHASSIS !! If you've got an M03 or M05 roller, we can put it to good use....
While I don't have any extra money or minis, I do have a suggestion; Find out who organizes the closest Tamiya Championship Series race and organize a Mini-collection at their next event.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Great idea Greg. Sadly, Florida hasn't had a TCS race in 10 years or more. The closest I think is Memphis,TN. I'll look into it. Thanks !!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Desparately seeking some Mini roller chassis or incomplete. If anybody has one they're not using , here's a good way to get a new driver involved and put that gear to good use.

Thanks to everyone who's already contacted me. All your donations will be appreciated.

Keep it rolling folks.....we can make this a great start to the program with your help !!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Maybe post an address to send the gear to?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ground-round
Maybe post an address to send the gear to?
Woops...thought I'd already changed all my posts to include it. See my original post for the address.