Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trinity Reflex 12 Forum >

Trinity Reflex 12 Forum

Trinity Reflex 12 Forum

Old 10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I just got off the phone with Trinity tech support, and strangely enough, they had never heard of any right rear hubs with any out of true wobble. I'm gonna send it back anyway, and in the meantime, replace it with an IRS big-ring hub. Too bad they don't offer them in black.

They also said that they have all parts in stock for these cars, and supply isn't an issue. I guess we'll see about that. For as cool as this car is, I'm surprised at the absolute lack of parts availability anywhere but Shop-a-Tron. Trinity everything else can be found everywhere, but the 12th cars seems to be ignored. Odd.

Also, the tech rep conveyed that the new Black Widow is now using the Ass. front end only because too many people were afraid of the reactive/dynamic front end that has been used on every Trinity car for what seems like forever. Too bad they didn't/don't offer the new car both ways to satisfy people who actually like the flexibility of infinite adjustments in a suspension system. I guess its tough to sell a kit to a market who is scared of actually learning how to tune it, and would rather run something that was a snap-together part, ready to race. Maybe this new kit will have more market footprint.

d
Yeah. When I called, the party line was, "hmmm, that's odd, we've never heard that happening..." But I know a few people directly who had the problem and sent the part back.

BTW, anybody know if the chassis plate from the new car will fit the reflex? I prefer the old AE style front end also. Basically because it works :-).
Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
this car is dead and no one drive them anymore
wow i guess im dead been running the car for the last couple years and had extremely good results with it. A at cleveland, A at snowbirds, A at the carpet nats. hmmm the 3 largest races. The car performs extremely well. I run the .075 tplate with .20 front springs
Old 10-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
wow i guess im dead been running the car for the last couple years and had extremely good results with it. A at cleveland, A at snowbirds, A at the carpet nats. hmmm the 3 largest races. The car performs extremely well. I run the .075 tplate with .20 front springs
EHLOL Wallstreet.....busted

Wall I know you're just mad because you don't have a 1/12th yet :P

Apex......fire up the Reflex for Sunday 19T at IRP!.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

busted ? i was just busting on doug

then cuffs has to come on and throw me under the bus LOL

and you are right i would like a 12th scale
Old 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its all good guys. the car works extremely well on high bit conditions. once the front end is setup and you get it where u want it. its money. if you guys have any questions il try to answer them.
jeff
Old 10-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Doug....trust me, that is a good car, cause I used to have 1, along with the switchblade spegetti edition (still don't remember that guys last name).....however, it is just a little TOO LOW (CG) for me, and the tires has to be super thin to get the car dialed.......and that alum T-bar system.....ah, hope yours can keep the tweak for more then a weekend....

The reason I sold them all.....yes, TRINITY, just keep on disappointing me, no parts support, no one cares, no one even pick up the phone.....

I felt much better with AE.....but the Reflex is a cutting edge chassis.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Doug....trust me, that is a good car, cause I used to have 1, along with the switchblade spegetti edition (still don't remember that guys last name).....however, it is just a little TOO LOW (CG) for me, and the tires has to be super thin to get the car dialed.......and that alum T-bar system.....ah, hope yours can keep the tweak for more then a weekend....

The reason I sold them all.....yes, TRINITY, just keep on disappointing me, no parts support, no one cares, no one even pick up the phone.....

I felt much better with AE.....but the Reflex is a cutting edge chassis.
Do you mean Spashett Edition? My first 12th scale was the old spashett edition.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I like Spaghetti Edition better. I had one of those with the purple metalflake graphite chassis. Neat car.

Jeff, I'd be interested in seeing your setups for a high-bite CRC ozite carpet track, too. Especially on what you usually do with the rear dampner tubes. Of all of you who run this car, who runs the tubes on top and who runs them underneath the chassis brace?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

i know the cars that i build for my self and dumas i put the tubes under the cross brace and i drilled a small hole between the two outer holes on the brace so the thubes would be straight and i could run the batteries back .. crc tubes are the ticket for this car just cut the ball ends down so they fit right. on a side not see what happenes when trinity gives cuff a new car he was in the b at vegas bet if he had the blue baby he would of been top three
Old 10-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Mark & Jeff, what lube did you wind up using on the tubes? I just applied 10,000 silicon diff lube, and it still feels too quick. I'm contemplating some old school VRP diff lube until I can find a set of short CRC replacements.

Any setup sheets you guys have to supply would be great. I'm starting from ground zero here, so with nothing else, I'm going to start with one of my old 12L setups. You guys have done it before with these cars, so you know they work.

Hey, also, speeking of the Trinity front end, does anyone know Cyrul's reasoning behind his new switch at the IIC? His car is starting to look like a Reflex.

Last edited by squarehead; 11-29-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff/Mark or anyone else running the Reflex... what caster are you guys running on this car? I am just about done with the setup on it, and I have it at 2° right now, which I'm thinking is not enough for club racing and my rusted reaction times.

Thanks,

doug
Old 10-23-2005, 10:46 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess Too bad they didn't/don't offer the new car both ways to satisfy people who actually like the flexibility of infinite adjustments in a suspension system.
d
You can use this front end on any 12th scale car using the Asso dront end. You will need to drill two additional holes. The front hole pattern is identical.
This front end once was a bolt-on replacement for the Asso RC10L-series car, which used a three-bolt screw pattern.

One racing collegue has one such car. His comments are that the car is very very stable, to the point that it is not fast. I think he just needs to adjust the car, though.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

That's fine if you want to go from the Trinity front end to the Associated, but what about those who want the new car with the old dynamic Trinity front end? That was my point...

Old 10-23-2005, 10:57 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's fine if you want to go from the Trinity front end to the Associated, but what about those who want the new car with the old dynamic Trinity front end? That was my point...

That's what I meant!
The trinity's front end can be fitted on an Asso-car, with two additional holes.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Though knowing Trinity, they will not support parts from the older cars well, and old front ends will be tough to find to use on the new car. If you do find one, they will probably be blue, too. Your point about the interchangability is a good one, though, but it doesn't stand to reason why they wouldn't offer this car one way or the other, or better yet, include BOTH front ends in their kits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.