Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xray t3 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default xray t3 problem

i race indoors on carpet with xray t3 last club night car was undriveable when on 50-100 % acceloration would just spin out from rear and do a 360 tyres are new people from club came to help saying rear ball diff was to loose and slipping tightened up but came loose again straight away borrowed a rear ball diff from a mate at club night car was still doing the same all through the 4 heats car was checked for tweak and camber etc but still made no difference when i got home stripped car down found one of the front axle driveshaft adapters was loose on front solid axle tried to tightened up but screw thread was no good so i have ordered new front solid axle and rear ball diff will these sort out the full power problem of spinning out or can it be something else ? thanks for any replys
Old 05-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moggy12
i race indoors on carpet with xray t3 last club night car was undriveable when on 50-100 % acceloration would just spin out from rear and do a 360 tyres are new people from club came to help saying rear ball diff was to loose and slipping tightened up but came loose again straight away borrowed a rear ball diff from a mate at club night car was still doing the same all through the 4 heats car was checked for tweak and camber etc but still made no difference when i got home stripped car down found one of the front axle driveshaft adapters was loose on front solid axle tried to tightened up but screw thread was no good so i have ordered new front solid axle and rear ball diff will these sort out the full power problem of spinning out or can it be something else ? thanks for any replys
as far as i know, a rear ball diff slipping will not cause your car to spin, it should be the opposite, you wont have enough steering, understeer like hell. i guess the new ball diff and the spool should fix the problem, also on carpet any TC will be sensitive to tweak and any jamming in the suspension. i set my rear ball diff smooth, but not loose, and only slip a little, or no slip at all for high traction, if traction is low, let the ball diff slip a little.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but it could be a number of things .. so you'll need to troubleshoot a bit.

How old is the car? If it is a new ball diff, or a freshly rebuilt one, you'll need to break it in a bit. It will normally loosen up during the first couple of runs, so you'll need to pay attention and tighten it up slighly each time untill it fully breaks in. I would rebuild it before buying a new one (check parts wear and lube).

For the spool, sounds like you might have stripped a peice, check if you stripped the adapters or the spool itself. The adapters are cheeper. I did this with my first xray, and learned to just tighten the adapters until snug.

Check the suspension and CVD's, especially the pins in the CVD's, they might be broken, or loose. Everything should move freely.

Setup is the unknown .. can you post your setup?

Also power .. what are you using for motor/esc?

What are you doing for Tire Prep?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it would be front diff too loose. you may not be gettin front wheel drive, or it may be slipping up front
Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like only the back wheels are working, and that the front wheels ain't connectet with the main transmission.

Remember, when you're doing a 360 with a touring car, something HUGE is wrong.
I would recommend you to check:

Are all four wheels moving freely?
Are the suspension moving freely, or is eg. the rear shocks not working?
Are you sure you don't have drift tyres? Seriously, 360:s isn't normal for a touring car!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

look like similar case of friend of mine T3... use 5.0t mtor... when we punch, it was hard (very hard) to go straight... we change the diff from ball to gear, but the problem still there... all condition of the car seem similar with others T3, but we cannot resolve the issue
Old 05-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Maybe tires, Front and rears should never be rotated. Only side to side. Also check to make sure you have the springs in the right way(harder front/softer rear). just a couple of suggestions but like others are saying, make sure every thing moves freely, check and double check to make sure the car is mechanically sound. G/L
Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Also check your droop cause if you dont have any in the front it wont transfer weight to the rear of the car and spin out when you get on the gas . Im running 3mm over ride height in front and 2.5mm in the rear try that and see what happens.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

HINGE PINS, HINGE PINS, HINGE PINS!!! Check 'em, they might be bent just a smidge.