R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   RC Champ in Akihabara (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/517309-rc-champ-akihabara.html)

SpacemanSpiff 05-26-2011 05:55 AM

RC Champ in Akihabara

Mods - if this needs to be moved to a different place, please do so.

Just wanted to share an experience I had tonight. Recently, I bought a TT01RE after having been away from the hobby for a few years. Being a new gaijin (foreigner) in Tokyo, I had been searching for a place that I could get my gear from. After looking around on the Internet, stopping at a few other shops and reading these forums, I decided to give RC Champ a shot. Not knowing the Japanese language very well, I was a little worried that I might get stuck.
I made my way to the store and wandered around a bit. They have quite a good selection and a good sized staff for the customers. After picking out a few items, I went to the counter and asked the gentleman at the register if he spoke English. He said "A little". I told him what car I had and was looking for a 17.5t brushless combo (not wanting insane speed....yet. Want to learn to drive first) lipos, a charger and a radio. He then showed me a few options, but told me initially that they were sold out of combos for 17.5. Bummer. So he started looking at a few other options, all of which were a bit more advanced than I was needing. After a few minutes, he ran to another section of the store and found a Yokomo combo that was perfect. He then tracked down a Muchmore Hybrid charger, Yokomo lipos and a 3PL for me. He could tell I was new to the whole TC thing, so he didn't try to jam the sweetest gear down my neck.
To sum this up, I walked out of the store flat-out impressed with their service. I was very appreciative of his willingness to try and help me out. I got everything I needed in less than 10 minutes and below the budget in had in my head. One of the best customer service experiences I've had.
If anyone is coming to Tokyo, or already here and haven't been to RC Champ, I'd highly suggest stopping by.

Sorry for being long winded, but just wanted to share.

GlennJapan 05-14-2012 06:10 PM

Nice write up. I'm in Tokyo today will be looking for this shop. I live south of Tokyo in gotemba at the base of mt Fuji. If your looking to try a really good coarse come on down. We have drift, speed, and off road track that is owned by a shop with mega wall to wall supply. I'm racing the trf417. Amazing car

S.Stew 05-14-2012 06:56 PM

I'll be in Tokyo in a few weeks...Maybe I'll stop in if I have time. Can anyone think of some cool RC items I could Only get in Japan that would be worth bringing home?

JoeyE 05-14-2012 09:27 PM

I have been Champ RC a couple of times. They have sooooooooooo much stuff. Don't forget to go to the other shops like Futaba, not far.