R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Oh NO... ???'s about Fut. 3PK (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/51719-oh-no-s-about-fut-3pk.html)

JayBee 10-01-2004 05:27 PM

Oh NO... ???'s about Fut. 3PK

Just got my 3PK in yesterday, MY VERY OWN but I have a problem, my steering doesn't work.
I have the PCM ver., took it out of the box, repositioned the steering wheel, hooked up the PCM1024(FP-R113iP), turned everything on and NOTHING from the steering dept. You have to be sure to have a digi servo and I got that- Airtr. 94758Z. I put the servo wires in slot 1, esc in slot 2, 3 is not used and I don't know what the B/C slot is for :confused: . I checked out the manual and it doesn't say too much on the issue (maybe I should dig deeper). Any helpful tidbits :D
Also, what is the big on/off switch used for??

- jaYBee

N4S 10-01-2004 05:37 PM

Only one thing to say M8 !!!!!!!!!!! Only advise i can give on that is since your using an airtronics servo is to make sure the wire configuration is the same as the futaba.........

pink pac man 10-01-2004 05:38 PM

the b/c slot is for the steering batts on a gas car i also have the big switch and have no clue on what its for i cant help seen as i have the hrs version but if you are using a gas car you have to use the b/c for steering batts...........................there is a thing in the 3pk that switches from hrs to pcm is yours on hrs or pcm

pink pac man 10-01-2004 05:40 PM

n4s youve hit it on the head that might be it i never thought about that

N4S 10-01-2004 05:42 PM

Another really good idea would be to read the instruction manual.......just a thought

N4S 10-01-2004 05:43 PM

It should tell you what the on off switch is for

JayBee 10-01-2004 05:43 PM

PCM

- JAybEE

pink pac man 10-01-2004 05:44 PM

i whoulkd have said the same but the instruction manuel is a fat ass phone book and its kinda complicated at first

Mo Denton 10-01-2004 05:52 PM

hey
it sounds like you are in the wrong modulation, scroll through and the instruction manuel for modulation and make sure your in pcm, it might have coem from the factory in HRS.
Mo

JayBee 10-02-2004 09:04 AM

Originally posted by 1fastguy1
hey
it sounds like you are in the wrong modulation, scroll through and the instruction manuel for modulation and make sure your in pcm, it might have coem from the factory in HRS.
Mo

If you read up a few posts, you'd of noticed I said my modulation is correct. Thanks for the tip though. The wires that are hooked up behind the wheel, could that be wired up backwards perhaps? It's getting pretty frustrating though 'cause I don't even hear the servo on, it usually makes a low cackling noise. I'm going to try taking my steering adapter apart and double-check everything. Anything further?

:nod: - jaYBee

tomdav 10-02-2004 04:42 PM

3pk

Also, what is the big on/off switch used for??

The big on off switch on the side is the ON OFF switch. The small one next to the screen is for making adjustments without transmitting. Again double check your screen says PCM in the lower right. You say your servo makes no noise. Make sure its getting power. When you turn on the speedo the servo should jump a bit. Does your throttle work?

One way to check your steering hookup is to go to the screen that shows throw. It has a sliding graphic that moves when you turn the wheel or move throttle trigger.

BlackFlagRacing 10-02-2004 06:17 PM

try hooking it up in another slot(chan 1,2,3,) and using the trigger or ch 3 switch to see if the servo moves then. check modulation and crystals are in all the way. oh yeah, read manual, it helps

S-T-R-l-K-E-R 10-02-2004 07:05 PM

tomdav is correct!!

ummm..... the switch beside the display is to do some settings when you dont want any transmittance to occur. if you want to use the radio you should use the big switch for all normal function to work.

just like the display switch on the m8 if the main switch is off ang you use the small switch only it would give you the chance to fiddle with your controller w/o transmitting.:D

channel 1 is for steering and channel 2 is for throttle and b/c is for reciever packs.

JayBee 10-02-2004 09:34 PM

tomdav - not talking about the power on/off switch on the side of the radio, the big black on/off switch that comes separate in the box. But I believe someone explained what that was a few posts up.
Anyhow guys thanks for all the tips, all that stuff was already done though. Found out this afternoon @ my LHS that I somehow toasted my servo (wired backwards perhaps :flaming: ), I tested 3 other servos and they all worked without a hitch. So I ended up picking up the KO-PDS 2143.

THANX AGAIN.....(now if I can just figure out this radio :lol: :nod: )

- jaYBee:tire:

AE Racer 10-02-2004 10:08 PM

You may have plugged it in backwards. Airtronics connectors dont have the little tab that Futaba connectors have to prevent you from plugging it in backwards.