Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sligthly success in restoring capasity in Sanyo 3000 HV

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default sligthly success in restoring capasity in Sanyo 3000 HV

I have a pack of Sanyo 3000 HV, non-matched, in which I've just restored 10% capasity.

The pack is 3 years old. It was equalized before the first charge. It's mainly charged on a Apex Sigma Plus, that is, pulse charging and trickle charge after regular charge.

In the spring; I bought an Eagle CDC v6, and it showed up that this pack only deliever 2000 mAh during discharge at 20 amps. Not impressing. Part of the story is that the pack has been overheated / overcharged several times.

It has been stored for a couple of months. I tried charging it yesterday, and it would neither charge, nor discharge very much, just a few hundreds mAh.

Recently I got some new packs, so the 3000 HV was on their way to the recycle bin, when I thought: I'll try cycling each cell individually. And what a surpise, each cell charged and discharged pretty well. The cells was quite consistent capasity wies. Hmmm. A full cycle resulted in that the pack delivered 2200 mAh +, an improvement of 200 mAh. Voltage and IR was still relatively bad.

The pack has been frequently equalized.

Now I'm wondering, if it would be an idea making individual cell cycling from time to time? And for non-matched packs, I think it would be a good to do initially.

Share your thoughts....

PS: The pack is on the way to the recycle bin, because it has low voltage and high IR.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

why not make a 5 cell receiver pack and give it a 1/5th scaler?