R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-28-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
HelP Please!!!

Im new to the whole remote control racing world, i have attended around three race meetings and athough i am coming in last in all of the meetings i think that i am doing quite well concidereing im new. I am currently running a MR4TC custom with various aluminium parts and a mtronics speed vx with a Reedy MVP 27turn rebuildable stock motor. My freind (who got me into the hobby) says that i am using the stick which controls the acceloration like an on/off switch, which i agree with (This does not work too well in the wet as I have found!!!!) . But he says that when he started his dad put some kind of restrictor in his car which meant he could not go flat out anywhere and restriced his overall speed, And i was wondering if anyone knew what he did or how he did it?

Chris Green
CHR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
Tech Adept

You could always try and put something on the transmitter so you cannot get full throttle travel, something like a piece of tyre insert. What transmitter are you using as there may be a function on this to stop you getting full throttle. Or just try and move the stick nice and slowly rather than being so agressive with it, trust me this does work!

ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO

most of the controlers now a days you can control that, with simple programing. If not you can try it with the throtle trim.or put tape on the trigger to prevent you from going all the way.. Good luck
still fishing
ALBERTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:44 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Instead of band aiding the problem, I think you should learn throttle control. The habit you have isn't uncommon, but it is bad. Sooner or later, you'll have to learn throttle control, you mine as well start now.
RC Car Action Editor and Photographer
Carl Hyndman
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #5
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the more you run your car you will adjusting to the speeds you need for the layout your running .. that means youll start letting off on the throttle in the tighter sections of the track.. I do have a stick radio and when i ran that i was the same way. but found with more run time you will get better at it .. if a stick radio is just not working for you then try a m8 or something less expensive then you can learn to drive a trigger rather than pushing a stick...
Mark Barden .
mb racer is offline   Reply With Quote