Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
Thanks, there is a write up on the stock installment and a short look at the EXOTEC IFS system I have done, the write up for the full installment will be up in a week or so.

I went out for a short test today and YES a much, much better improvement, I didn't have time to play with set up but happy with where it is now, same goes with the stock FGX very happy with the change it made to the car , front tyres where planted firmly on the ground even at the high speed corners much better control in the chiccane and at the slower corners, you could see the front working well.

Attached are some pics of the stock FGX I used in the F-1 series here in Victoria Australia

Your car looks awesome!! Where did you get the fancy undertray and the rear diffuser? Are they hand-made? If so, how did you do it?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
Thanks, there is a write up on the stock installment and a short look at the EXOTEC IFS system I have done, the write up for the full installment will be up in a week or so.

I went out for a short test today and YES a much, much better improvement, I didn't have time to play with set up but happy with where it is now, same goes with the stock FGX very happy with the change it made to the car , front tyres where planted firmly on the ground even at the high speed corners much better control in the chiccane and at the slower corners, you could see the front working well.

Attached are some pics of the stock FGX I used in the F-1 series here in Victoria Australia
nice, its good to hear that the ifs makes the steering better. thanks. i cant wait to get my parts on the car and run it.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok, so here we go, even though people camped out in front of BestBuy waiting for it to open makes me sick, I thought I would offer up my own brand of Black Friday good will.
So now through Sunday you will receive 25% off of all decals ordered when using this coupon code N8CEP79938. This offer is one to a customer. Also I am working on getting all of our new items listed for sale, but it is a long process, I hope to have it all done by later tonight. Also new decals are on the way hopefully by late next week
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there no matter where you are !!!!!
f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I painted mine yellow.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Guys i am about to put my complete lot of FGX projects and parts up for sale! this will include the IFS FGX and the IFS DD conversion need to sale all of it together as i do not have tiime to part it all out, way too many things. lookin to get around 350.00 for all of it . its going to take me a few days to get it all together just wanted to give you guys a heads up before i put it all on ebay.
IFS FGX:
full ceramic bearings
AL gears
3R carbon chassis
RCShox upper with IFS
Bad Tekin RS ( you can send it in for a new one!)
pro match shorty
PIT 0572 rear tires
Exotech arms
RCShox upper camber link plate
RCShox custom rear wing

IFS DD
This will basically be a rear chassis with cantilever mounted rear shocks ( shocks not included, 18r)
pic is just to give an idea of the car:

And a box of stock parts from a new roller that i bought for parts! you could easily part it out and make your money back yet still keep enough parts for a working car! at any rate i will take pictures and gather it all together saturday hit me up if you are interested!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just got my IFS for the FGX. Built it and introduced it to my setup station

Cant wait to hit the track with it.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wonder when Exotek is finally going to come out with their version of the IFS for the FGX?

Maybe Mike will read this and give us a hint!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I wonder when Exotek is finally going to come out with their version of the IFS for the FGX?

Maybe Mike will read this and give us a hint!
Yeah, I am patiently waiting also. I have all the ifs parts but haven't put them on because I'm waiting for exoteck.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

I installed the exotek front upper arms today.
I had to use different size spacers to make them fit.

Last edited by edhchoe; 11-23-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Lots of stuff!! PM me if interested , will go on the BAY and the FS thread on tuesday
I am not separating any of it, need to sell as a Lot.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wollow86
I'd be interested to know what setup you have on the stock FGX.

I got my IFS kit yesterday. My kit is standard chassis wise, but I do use the alloy bulkhead and motor mount. I run the hardest rear spring, softest front, 3000 oil in the dampers. Currently the best tyre I've found for our surface was hpi med rear with soft front. I'm still lacking a lot of steering. I'm hoping the IFS with the option of anti squat and if I really have to a shorty lipo, will get me where I want the car.

Team Lotus Quote:
Your car looks awesome!! Where did you get the fancy undertray and the rear diffuser? Are they hand-made? If so, how did you do it?
Hi Guys,

OK the side skirts are hand made from polycarbonite left over from a 1/8th body mold, if you can get a sheet you'd be better off approx: thickness is 1.75mm, 3x 3mx5mm screws hold them in place, the reason I have used POLY is that it can be bent easy for forming the wings, carbon fibre can be used but it will only be a flat skirt. I then have just used a carbon fibre decal for looks, painting it is an option but it will get scuffed off so easy to replace a decal??

The difusser is at BANSAI HOBBIES ----- http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...-for-f103-f104 -----

it is for the TAMIYA 103 104 and takes some working out how to make it fit, I have also cut it bigger than the cut make in the mould it is now wider than the marks.

With steering I found that the steering link says to have it at 20mm, mine is at 19.5mm to 19mm (front tow out) that helped a lot, sorry no set up station for the deg:,
diff is 3 thousand,
rear shock 1000 diff oil, spring (blue),
stock droop
rear camber is at 2.5,
rear tow in is at 2,
rear ride height is at 6.5,
medium ride rear when over 25deg, softs at lower temps, also pit shim grooved softs all round under 25 deg, front camber is at 3,
caster is set at two marks back on plate???
front ride height is at 4.5,
med ride front when over 25deg, softs at lower temps, also pit shim grooved softs all round under 25 deg,
full droop,
FRONT IFS using stock supplied grease,
Using all kit spring shims,

I ran the exotec chassis with my IFS system and to be realy honest with you all, 1 sec a lap quicker !!!!!, consistancy down to 0.73, same set up as the stock set i have, only difference is the rear shock spring it was orange 2000 oil, softer rear end helped out heaps, a really hard hit in the finals stopped my day and 1st or 2nd final finish in the books, but with more run time and finer tuning this is going to be the BOOM OF F-1.

Last edited by DIRTMONKEY; 11-24-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Is there a reason why no one makes aluminum servo stay for FGX?

Last edited by edhchoe; 11-25-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All!

I've been receiving a lot of emails on the status of the EFX so thought I'd post an update here. The EFXv2 is in production and hopefully in stock mid Dec. Please note that the v2 will have very minimal updates and will be along the lines of saving a few grams and shaped with a wee bit more flex for more overall grip.

The IFS mounts I'm also working on will be sold separately and will be cnc alloy and include a sway bar mount. This should be available the end of Dec.

The IFS mount set will fit both the Exotek EFXv1 and EFXv2 and should be under $20.

Sorry for the delay but it is holiday shipping season and 3racing releasing the new ifs set so late didnt help

Thanks for your support!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Awesome Mike...Keep up the great work!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Nice mike, that's good news. Are you just changing the top deck on the v2 or the entire chassis? If just the top deck, can we order just the top deck? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.