R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #4786
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38 View Post
Anyone have one for sale? With exotek chassis and ifs? Possibly with belt drive?
I hadn't considered selling mine, but if the price is right I might consider it. Exotek chassis, front adjustable arms, front arm brace, front knuckles, rear camber links. Titanium screws, Avid bearings (just a preference).

Everything else is stock 3Racing so outboard front springs, drivetrain, aluminum hubs, and I added the rear swaybar.
viking44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #4787
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default FGX's

Ok, I know this is not the selling thread but I have a bunch of stuff I want to sell. One Exotek chassis, Two MCKune Chassis and lots of spare parts. I'll take pictures to post if any has interest...
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #4788
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I might be interested in one of the chassis? Any of them work with the IFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Ok, I know this is not the selling thread but I have a bunch of stuff I want to sell. One Exotek chassis, Two MCKune Chassis and lots of spare parts. I'll take pictures to post if any has interest...
cjarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:47 PM   #4789
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
I'd be interested in one of the Mckune chassis. Price/pics blankenj99 at hotmail
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:03 AM   #4790
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Aarcobra - pm sent
DarkSides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #4791
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

question about tires: I'm currently using Ride R1 front and rear tires on my FGX custom but as I have a lack of steering, I'd like to try the Pit Shimizu tires.

I usually run on a big outdoor track, surface unprepped (so low to med grip), track temp about 20-30C max, no warming and no tire sauce (this is actually a personnal choice).

I'd like to know which Shimizu front tire I have to pick to have a little bit more steering than with the R1. I saw Shimizu makes 2 front compounds: the soft one (PS-0566) and the medium one (PS-0567). I'm afraid if I choose the softer compound, the car would be a bit touchy to drive. But I don't know if the medium compound is better than the R1 front tire (if it is the same, it is useless to choose this one so).

For the rear, there is only one choice for Shimizu tire: a soft compound (PS-0568)

What do you think of it? Maybe I'm completely wrong and there is a better tire choice (other brands or other compounds) for my particular application?

Thanks for replying,
Regards,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #4792
Tech Fanatic

Any interest in a used McKune Chassis'd FGX?
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #4793
Tech Champion

To free up the ballcups you need to add two or three layers of clear tape to the ball head and snap the ballcup in place. Then remove the ballcup and reinstall it without the tape to check for free movement. Repeat and Add thicker tape until you get free movement...
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda View Post
I picked up an FGX recently and I'm having an issue where the ball in the Exotek top arms is very stiff and I cannot get it to be free. Does anyone have any suggestions on freeing this up as it looks to be creating some binding in the arm/steering.

I have warmed the arm and removed the ball and then made sure it was clean. I have even buffed the ball to be smoother but still no joy. When the arm is warmed it moves better but when cool it is stiff.

I believe the balls in it are the 3racing balls and I have not tried a Tamiya ball. Would this be the solution or is there something else?
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #4794
Tech Champion

Also guys, the Lrp 2600mah(132g) super shorty is perfect for the fgx's weight issues.... 1050gram is pretty light for the fgx, and every bit helps....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:14 PM   #4795
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hi guys I am looking for some small plastic parts which hopefully one of you may have leftover since they are not used in the conversion such as efx. I'm looking the the plastic battery stop, right lower rear bulkhead and the ESC/battery tray pin. Please pm me if you have any of these pieces laying around. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by littlebuddha; 11-27-2016 at 07:26 AM.
littlebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #4796
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default best handling f1

Wow, how come nobody told me that the fgx is such a nice handling f1. I'm so late to the party. One of my friend was kind enough to sell me one of his fgx. This thing has to be on of the best handling f1 I have ever driven. I'm still picking my lower jaw off the carpet.

All I did was added 1/10th scale shocks to the rear and change the front spring to crc .45 spring and set the ride height. This thing is on rails. The car doesn't exhibit any on throttle oversteer like the direct drive cars.

The car feels like a direct drive car with foam tires. Such a joy to drive. I don't know why 3racing just stop production of the car. I think f1 should move to this kind of setup. Alot more realistic then the direct drive cars.

I can't wait to run it some more. Next up would be to make the front ifs.
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #4797
Tech Addict

Somebody want to sell me their car? I'll take another one.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #4798
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
Wow, how come nobody told me that the fgx is such a nice handling f1. I'm so late to the party.

Such a joy to drive. I don't know why 3racing just stop production of the car. I think f1 should move to this kind of setup. A lot more realistic than the direct drive cars.
Yes. I have three FGXs for this reason. They work on slightly unimproved surfaces too. I wouldn't dare run my F103 on anything but a tennis court... that was clean.
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #4799
Tech Addict

I wonder why rc f1 evolution didn't follow the fgx and stayed solid axle?
Old 01-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #4800
Tech Regular

ROAR rules allow only solid rear axle and the fact that most tracks went to 25.5 motors. The gear box of the FGX kills the speed and efficiency needed with the 25.5 motors. Had to hang up my FGX because of this. It would out handle any pan car F1 but was getting killed on the straight aways and motor was already running too hot.