R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #4696
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loheiman View Post
I'm thinking about getting an onroad car and i really love the look/scale of these F1 cars. Do you guys think the FGX would we a good choice for someone who wants an onroad car to drive around parking lots or other surfaces besides a well-prepared track? I'm leaning towards this one over other F1s because of the full suspension...Thanks!

It's the best F1 car around, in terms of realism and all, not that competitive out of the box, but the details, it's the best. Maybe you could wait for a wee bit more. I will not trade this car no matter what.

I've heard/read that 3Racing will release a 2nd gen of this.
On-road 1/10 F1: 3Racing FGX + RC9394 Carbon Conversion AE BD/Team Orion/Ko Propo
josecarlo1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #4697
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have the FGX and it's much more realistic and better handling than the pan car style. from what we have at our track I can out corner all other cars (And it sounds better - loud) the straight speed is slower due to the gears.

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
jdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:33 AM   #4698
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josecarlo1129 View Post
It's the best F1 car around, in terms of realism and all, not that competitive out of the box, but the details, it's the best. Maybe you could wait for a wee bit more. I will not trade this car no matter what.

I've heard/read that 3Racing will release a 2nd gen of this.
Couldn't wait! Got a great deal on one from another member that included the exotek chasis and exotek front arms. Just need to get some batteries now. Seems like shorties are the way to go? I've been thinking about these SMC packs at $33 each:
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=121
Old 01-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #4699
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Set-ups and track conditions please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
I have the FGX and it's much more realistic and better handling than the pan car style. from what we have at our track I can out corner all other cars (And it sounds better - loud) the straight speed is slower due to the gears.
Feel free to post what type and size of track you run on and set-up tips or tricks you have found to be most effective. I run Carpet. 90x40 and the CRC WTF1, Tamiya, and VBC cars are dialed. Weight seems to be a big issue for me. I tip the scales in tech at 1150-1155..... WITHOUT the body and clips. Which makes keeping up with cars that are exactly 1050 a bit of a challenge. You are right about the noise, slo-poke or not everyone still watches my car.
Microtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #4700
Tech Adept

Just got my (used) FGX which came with the 3 degree rear toe block. Was thinking that might be a bit extreme but not sure what others blocks to get. At $8 a pop I don't really want to get all of them. Will be running on asphalt, any suggestions?

BTW, can the other direct drive F1 cars even have rear toe or are they fixed at 0?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:50 AM   #4701
Tech Adept

Quote:
Just got my (used) FGX which came with the 3 degree rear toe block. Was thinking that might be a bit extreme but not sure what others blocks to get. At $8 a pop I don't really want to get all of them. Will be running on asphalt, any suggestions?

BTW, can the other direct drive F1 cars even have rear toe or are they fixed at 0?
Direct drive pan cars are fixed at 0deg of rear toe (static setting). Some dynamic rear steer can be built in with the amount of angle you have on the side links. 3deg toe blocks will be the most conservative with the least amount of steering. Once you get some time on the car you have a better idea if less toe and more steering are needed.

Last edited by Microtome; 02-05-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Microtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:16 AM   #4702
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microtome View Post
Direct drive pan cars are fixed at 0deg of rear toe (static setting). Some dynamic rear steer can be built in with the amount of angle you have on the side links. 3deg toe blocks will be the most conservative with the least amount of steering. Once you get some time on the car you have a better idea if less toe and more steering are needed.
Okay, then it sounds like I can hold off for a while until i get some drive time in. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #4703
Tech Addict

I got the best results with the 1 rear toe plate, the more you have toe-in, the less steering... (and with Ride R1 tires on carpet, the front end does not turn enough)
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #4704
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
I got the best results with the 1 rear toe plate, the more you have toe-in, the less steering... (and with Ride R1 tires on carpet, the front end does not turn enough)
I'm curious, where/what kind of battery do you run? I'm using shortys with an exotek chassis and will be mounting the battery forward with electronics behind.

Are there plastic versions of all the rear toe plates?
Old 02-05-2015, 02:50 PM   #4705
Tech Addict

Quote:
I'm curious, where/what kind of battery do you run? I'm using shortys with an exotek chassis and will be mounting the battery forward with electronics behind.

Are there plastic versions of all the rear toe plates?
I ran IP shorty Lipo in the most rearward position, esc right behind the steering system and a Exotek inspired carbon chassis. I find the car has more steering in this configuration (on Ride R1 tires).

A even better solution was to use shorty in transverse position, car was dialed! I'll post pictures of my car asap.

For the plastic version of rear plates, they exist: http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5548

But I don't know which ones this is...
Old 02-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #4706
Tech Adept

Quote:
I ran IP shorty Lipo in the most rearward position, esc right behind the steering system and a Exotek inspired carbon chassis. I find the car has more steering in this configuration (on Ride R1 tires).

A even better solution was to use shorty in transverse position, car was dialed! I'll post pictures of my car asap.

For the plastic version of rear plates, they exist: http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5548

The transverse battery layout is interesting. Would have to look into how to do that with the EFX chassis.

Yea, that part you linked to is the stock parts tree which I believe contains the 3 degree and 2 degree toe blocks. At least that's what the manual says.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #4707
Tech Adept

Default Me too

Quote:

I am also interested in seeing this.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #4708
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi, would anyone know where i can find the manual for the exotek efx v2 conversion online? Thanks.
littlebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #4709
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuddha View Post
Hi, would anyone know where i can find the manual for the exotek efx v2 conversion online? Thanks.
I just got it from Exotek myself. Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iqgylu2xd...k_EFX.jpg?dl=0
Old 02-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #4710
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microtome View Post
I am also interested in seeing this.
Pictures