Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I run my Pit Shimizu tyres on foam rims but does anyone know of wheels for the FGX that are designed for PS rubber? In particular PS-566 front and PS-568 rear?
Old 10-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Pit Shimizu tires are designed for the Tamiya rim for foam tires. I don't thing one has been made specifically for the FGX.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevo_Aus
I run my Pit Shimizu tyres on foam rims but does anyone know of wheels for the FGX that are designed for PS rubber? In particular PS-566 front and PS-568 rear?
Here is how to mount the Pit tires to FGX wheel.

http://uf1rc.com/mounting-pit-shimiz...on-fgx-wheels/
Old 10-31-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A new upgrade for my FGX: transversal mounted battery, seems to be better for low grip carpet tracks.

Very easy to realize, you just need a servo holder (in fact, Awesomatix one ) you screw in the current servo holder location (forward one), some carbon pieces to make the battery holder and drill a new hole in the chassis to fix the third battery stopper.

Will try it next time

Cheers,
G-rem
Old 11-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default the new 2015 fgx

My thoughts on the fgx:
The camber mount for the double wishbone suspension is weak and needs to be aluminum. Also stronger upper arms that are adjustable, and better gearing would be nice.

The whole using the tamiya rims is impossible for the offset to be even close to work. Maybe if it was to have the wheels made to fit the f104 rubber, that would work.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Shopping List for modified front end

Hi,

Sorry if this already covered in this thread (I've spent days looking for this info) but can anybody tell me what the parts shown below are called and where to get the parts from.
I'm building up a new FGX with IFS and am looking to change the stock parts to turnbuckle.

Thanks in advance Stebbo.
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-fgx.jpg   3 racing new F1-fgx6.jpg  
Old 11-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Looks like the first one are just 2 open both sides ball cups that have been shaved down so they are thinner at the ball area.

The second is a linkage stopper that the main hole has been made bigger to fit the turnbuckle then the screw hole tapped out for a ball stud to bite into the turnbuckle and act as a shock mount

Welcome to Custom RC
Old 11-10-2014, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stebbo
Hi,

Sorry if this already covered in this thread (I've spent days looking for this info) but can anybody tell me what the parts shown below are called and where to get the parts from.
I'm building up a new FGX with IFS and am looking to change the stock parts to turnbuckle.

Thanks in advance Stebbo.
Stebbo,
With the standard IFS kit, you can keep the lower arms and just figure out turnbuckles for the upper arms. Having turnbuckles at the top and the bottom is useless really. Besides, with that setup, you need to pop the suspension arm out, undo the ball link if you want to adjust the lower front turnbuckle. Extra headache for zero gain.
If you can find these, they would do the trick but they seem to be out of stock everywhere:
http://www.exotekracing.com/fgx-adju...front-arm-set/
Old 11-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi, Thanks for your replies.

I was tempted to go with the Exotek front arms if I could find any. But maybe I'll just go for turnbuckles on the top. If I do go with turnbuckles on the top similar to the previous pictures it looks like you can get some "double" open ball cup links that have 2 links connected in a moulded "v" shape but I've never been able to locate any. Anybody got any ideas ?

Stebbo.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I was tempted to go with the Exotek front arms if I could find any. But maybe I'll just go for turnbuckles on the top. If I do go with turnbuckles on the top similar to the previous pictures it looks like you can get some "double" open ball cup links that have 2 links connected in a moulded "v" shape but I've never been able to locate any. Anybody got any ideas ?

Stebbo.
Hi Stebbo,
I looked everywhere for those and was never able to find some. They do exist obviously. Perhaps somebody else can chime in here and tell us where they found them? In the mean time, I am considering building my own out of carbon fiber and epoxy modifying the existing FGX upper arms, cutting them and fitting a thread in there. Tricky but doable.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Stebbo.
Stebbo, Exotek still has these in stock:
http://www.exotekracing.com/f1-repla...ustable-arm-1/
You can find turnbuckles and the rest at RCMart or TQRacing.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Next purchase Motor and ESC

Thanks for the advice, I've found some Exotek front arms so all good.

Next I'm in the market for a 21.5 motor and esc. This is the first 2wd F1 style car I've had so I'm looking for advice on what is a good motor and esc to start with. The key things I'm looking for are;

controllable / stable driving for a newbie (not looking for ultimate speed),
good quality / reliable (ie cool running),
will fit in an FGX with no or minimal modifications,

I don't plan to race competitively but just have fun and get back into the hobby of RC cars.

Any suggestions ?

Regards Stebbo.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the advice, I've found some Exotek front arms so all good.

Next I'm in the market for a 21.5 motor and esc. This is the first 2wd F1 style car I've had so I'm looking for advice on what is a good motor and esc to start with. The key things I'm looking for are;

controllable / stable driving for a newbie (not looking for ultimate speed),
good quality / reliable (ie cool running),
will fit in an FGX with no or minimal modifications,

I don't plan to race competitively but just have fun and get back into the hobby of RC cars.

Any suggestions ?

Regards Stebbo.
Stebbo, where did you find Exotek arms??
Old 11-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

I found some in the UK.

dms-racing.com then search for FGX.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I found some in the UK.

dms-racing.com then search for FGX.
Thanks! 36 pounds is a little crazy for me. With shipping I can get a new FGX for that price!
The car is still gaining in popularity, I hope Exotek makes a new batch soon.
Cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.