For front, 566 is too sticky. I would use 563 (grooved medium) in low traction

So the order of traction goes...

563<567<565<566
Old 05-31-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Valente
Hi,

I bought a used FGX and it came with a spare Rabbit chassis lower and upper plate. Is there a way to use the 3Racing IFS setup with this chassis, or is it only for F103/104 front ends?

Also, is there an upgraded IFS piece or a way to buy this piece seperately? I have seen a couple of these broken, looks to be a weak link (sorry don't know the name of it, see pic below).

Thanks,

-Rich
The Rabbit is for the Tamiya front ends.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks guys!

-Rich
Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Default LA -SFV Track F1 action this Sunday

Old 06-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Did any of you find one side of the fgx exotek was .5mm lower on the servo side. If so how did you fix the issue? extra weight on other side? Every time I check ride height it's .5mm out on one side.

Thanks,
Adrian

Last edited by vazzo; 06-02-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vazzo
Hi guys,

Did any of you find one side of the fgx exotek was .5mm lower on the servo side. If so how did you fix the issue? extra weight on other side? Every time I check ride height it's .5mm out on one side.

Thanks,
Adrian
Check for tweak first. Make sure the main chassis is perfectly flat. Loosen or remove the brace from the upper deck to the gearbox assembly. If its not flat on a straight edge, make sure the motor mount is seated properly. I had one car that would not sit flat and noticed a gap under the mount. Once that is flat, reattach the link and make sure it swivels easily in your fingers. It needs to be loose with no load or it pulls or pushes tweak into your setup. Put a rough setup on your car. Now if one side dips, it is a weight problem somewhere. At that point, get it on scales and see if the side to side, front to back weights are good. Better yet, if you can get 4 small scales, one for each tire, check the weight distribution on a level surface. Now put a setup on your car and check for tweak one last time.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried these new IFS parts yet?

3Racing tech support says they will fix my issue of the lower suspension arms and/or lower ball studs coming loose.

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=6356

Thanks,

-Rich
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks again John. Also are the exotek front arms meant to be able to rub on the inside of the wheel arch? The wheels seem to move freely with no load but I'm sure they will hit during a race and either wear through or crack the rim. Just wondering if I need to put some bigger hex adapters in so they aren't rubbing, currently run 6mm but may go to 7mm.

Thanks
Adrian
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Try putting less caster. Meaning make the king pin stand up to maybe 5°.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone tried these new IFS parts yet?

3Racing tech support says they will fix my issue of the lower suspension arms and/or lower ball studs coming loose.

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=6356

Thanks,

-Rich
I did it with my original build, pretty nifty but the front shocks aren't really oil filled that come with the kit.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vazzo
Thanks again John. Also are the exotek front arms meant to be able to rub on the inside of the wheel arch? The wheels seem to move freely with no load but I'm sure they will hit during a race and either wear through or crack the rim. Just wondering if I need to put some bigger hex adapters in so they aren't rubbing, currently run 6mm but may go to 7mm.

Thanks
Adrian
What does the gap look like now between the wheel and the arm? I would imagine that the range of motion you currently have will be decreased as you lower the end point and dual rate of the steering. Once I turn my car on and get a good working setup for the day, I find my dual rate setting is nowhere near max steering. I set my endpoints left and right so that the wheel will not touch the arm under load during initial setup. Good Luck!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default Different size hubs

You can also use different sized wheel hexes on the FGX. I think 3Racing makes 4mm, 5mm, 6mm (stock size) & 7mm aluminum hexes to push the wheels out (or in) depending on tires/wheels, etc....

-Rich
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I know I'm going to catch some grief for even asking - Has anyone put together a comprehensive list of setups for the FGX? I'm primarily interested in a setup for prepared, treated asphalt (high traction, high temp) at the moment, for everything from tire selection to springs, oils, and grease, sway bar, etc...
I guess I'm looking for decent baseline setups for the stock suspension geometry - no Tamiya front ends, no RC18 shocks. I've got all of the durability upgrades, high speed gears (my gearing is perfect), but the car is an absolute nightmare to drive. I've been fairly competitive most of my life, but this car... it's making me feel like I'm losing my marbles, lol. With the car bouncing/skipping through every corner (front AND rear), I still managed a few laps that were on par with the faster cars, but it was pretty comedic to watch.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default FGX setup

I am in the same boat, trying to find a good setup, I have 1 fully upgraded FGX and am putting together 2 more for my son's. We have a national F1 race coming to our local track in Oct. and want to run them in it, but so far mine has been pretty underwhelming. Tamiya foam tires are the only thing that seem to work well on our outdoor asphalt track (in FL - 120+ degree track temp lately) and they wear down in about 30 minutes of racing, not to mention the huge chunks that get taken out of them with the slightest collision with anything.

I am running Pit Shimizu grooved soft rubber tires (also tried the medium fronts) on mine and softened up the rear end as much as possible, but it still feels like it's going to spin the ass around when I give it full throttle on our 90' straight (21.5t brushless blinky).

The 3Racing option ball diff (was in there when I bought it used) but may try the stock gear diff next time at the track, I will keep you posted if I make any improvements.

-Rich
Old 06-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am in the same boat, trying to find a good setup, I have 1 fully upgraded FGX and am putting together 2 more for my son's. We have a national F1 race coming to our local track in Oct. and want to run them in it, but so far mine has been pretty underwhelming. Tamiya foam tires are the only thing that seem to work well on our outdoor asphalt track (in FL - 120+ degree track temp lately) and they wear down in about 30 minutes of racing, not to mention the huge chunks that get taken out of them with the slightest collision with anything.

I am running Pit Shimizu grooved soft rubber tires (also tried the medium fronts) on mine and softened up the rear end as much as possible, but it still feels like it's going to spin the ass around when I give it full throttle on our 90' straight (21.5t brushless blinky).

The 3Racing option ball diff (was in there when I bought it used) but may try the stock gear diff next time at the track, I will keep you posted if I make any improvements.

-Rich
Hello,
Pit shimizu tires (soft) tend to loose all their grip when températures is over 25°C (I don't know measure in ° fahrenheit). rear groove tires from shimizu are soft. With high temperatures you are better off with HPI soft/medium or Ride tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.