R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #3781
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All!

I've been receiving a lot of emails on the status of the EFX so thought I'd post an update here. The EFXv2 is in production and hopefully in stock mid Dec. Please note that the v2 will have very minimal updates and will be along the lines of saving a few grams and shaped with a wee bit more flex for more overall grip.

The IFS mounts I'm also working on will be sold separately and will be cnc alloy and include a sway bar mount. This should be available the end of Dec.

The IFS mount set will fit both the Exotek EFXv1 and EFXv2 and should be under $20.

Sorry for the delay but it is holiday shipping season and 3racing releasing the new ifs set so late didnt help

Thanks for your support!
I now know what is at the top of my Christmas wish list!!!!!

cant wait to see the new product mike, Im sure they V2 and IFS parts will be next level
wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #3782
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All!

I've been receiving a lot of emails on the status of the EFX so thought I'd post an update here. The EFXv2 is in production and hopefully in stock mid Dec. Please note that the v2 will have very minimal updates and will be along the lines of saving a few grams and shaped with a wee bit more flex for more overall grip.

The IFS mounts I'm also working on will be sold separately and will be cnc alloy and include a sway bar mount. This should be available the end of Dec.

The IFS mount set will fit both the Exotek EFXv1 and EFXv2 and should be under $20.

Sorry for the delay but it is holiday shipping season and 3racing releasing the new ifs set so late didnt help

Thanks for your support!
Nice. Christmas is extended into 2013.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #3783
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all,

Would like to know if you will recommend the FGX or other brands will be better, if FGX is the one what optional parts we will require to by after the kit.

Do you have the IFS part number and shops were to purchase?

In your opinion will any other car do same as the FGX or the independent suspension system it makes a difference?

what about the diff does it work well?

Thanks.
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #3784
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have had mine for a little over a week, I would reccomend reading this thread from start to end. The first day at the track was a little dissapointing but there is alot that can be done to the car. I am getting more speed all the time.
pete8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #3785
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho View Post
Hi all,

Would like to know if you will recommend the FGX or other brands will be better, if FGX is the one what optional parts we will require to by after the kit.

Do you have the IFS part number and shops were to purchase?

In your opinion will any other car do same as the FGX or the independent suspension system it makes a difference?

what about the diff does it work well?

Thanks.
I have had tamiya f1 cars before and the rear suspension design of fgx is what made me get this car. It is not only more realistic but it makes the car less likely to spin out because of the softer rear suspension. Tamiya bodies are more detailed however.
Fgx kit is cheaper but when you add carbon fiber deck the cost is about the same as tamiay f1 kit. The must have parts are fast gear set for smaller spur and 32-34 teeth pinion, sticky tires and some sort of reinforcement on the front upper arms. IFS has not been proven to be superior but I have it because it looks cool.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #3786
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks, but we can't fit the Tamiya bodies to the FGX?

so at the end are you happy with the FGX or the Tamiya is better?
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #3787
Tech Master

This thread has some info on how to make tamiya body fit but not with IFS.
I like the efficient direct drive concept of tamiya f1 but I like the rear independent suspension of FGX a lot more because it is easier to drive while looking really cool.

Tq is where I got my stuff.

Last edited by edhchoe; 11-27-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #3788
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY View Post
Hi Guys,

OK the side skirts are hand made from polycarbonite left over from a 1/8th body mold, if you can get a sheet you'd be better off approx: thickness is 1.75mm, 3x 3mx5mm screws hold them in place, the reason I have used POLY is that it can be bent easy for forming the wings, carbon fibre can be used but it will only be a flat skirt. I then have just used a carbon fibre decal for looks, painting it is an option but it will get scuffed off so easy to replace a decal??

The difusser is at BANSAI HOBBIES ----- http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...-for-f103-f104 -----

it is for the TAMIYA 103 104 and takes some working out how to make it fit, I have also cut it bigger than the cut make in the mould it is now wider than the marks.

With steering I found that the steering link says to have it at 20mm, mine is at 19.5mm to 19mm (front tow out) that helped a lot, sorry no set up station for the deg:,
diff is 3 thousand,
rear shock 1000 diff oil, spring (blue),
stock droop
rear camber is at 2.5,
rear tow in is at 2,
rear ride height is at 6.5,
medium ride rear when over 25deg, softs at lower temps, also pit shim grooved softs all round under 25 deg, front camber is at 3,
caster is set at two marks back on plate???
front ride height is at 4.5,
med ride front when over 25deg, softs at lower temps, also pit shim grooved softs all round under 25 deg,
full droop,
FRONT IFS using stock supplied grease,
Using all kit spring shims,

I ran the exotec chassis with my IFS system and to be realy honest with you all, 1 sec a lap quicker !!!!!, consistancy down to 0.73, same set up as the stock set i have, only difference is the rear shock spring it was orange 2000 oil, softer rear end helped out heaps, a really hard hit in the finals stopped my day and 1st or 2nd final finish in the books, but with more run time and finer tuning this is going to be the BOOM OF F-1.
hay dirtmonkey, which car was a second a lap faster, the exotek or the stock ifs? if its the exotek, im wondering if its because the roll center is slightly higher than stock and also because you cut some of the top deck off and that allowed for more flex? im almost done with my exotek/ ifs mod and cant wait to try it.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, and TE03. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. CRC 235mm Pro-10, Top Rebel 12
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #3789
Tech Master

just finished my exotek ifs mod. the front springs feel good. i have a race this sunday but unfortunately it looks like its going to rain.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, and TE03. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. CRC 235mm Pro-10, Top Rebel 12
Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #3790
Tech Master

ooops, forgot the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
3 racing new F1-photo-20.jpg  

Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #3791
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
ooops, forgot the pic:
Looking good T. I wanna see it run.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #3792
Tech Apprentice

Hello all,

I have seen that someone already broke the IFS so I have decide to strenghten the plastic piece with some metal shims

I hope that it will help.
Don't get mistaken by the pictures I have put 4 shims on each side (not 2 per side)
Zedsispeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #3793
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Seems 3Racing just got the idea of selling parts for IFS, not just the whole package.
not yet confirmed the production yet.
So, you know... wait...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #3794
Tech Adept

Anyone know if there are any aftermarket shocks that fit the IFS setup? I know Associated RC18 shocks fit the rear, just wondering if there's any upgrade for the front.
Vostok 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #3795
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
ooops, forgot the pic:
That is beautiful. That middle plastic will be Cnc part probably by exotek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedsispeho View Post
Hello all,

I have seen that someone already broke the IFS so I have decide to strenghten the plastic piece with some metal shims

I hope that it will help.
Don't get mistaken by the pictures I have put 4 shims on each side (not 2 per side)
Notice how thin the wall of the part where the camber setting pieces go. If you superglue the piece in the place it will be stronger but that whole block needs to be made of alloy.