R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #3571
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 759
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb racer View Post
Not knowing your layout / surface id run 34 to 36 pinion ,, Always keep track of motor temp
that's 17.5t. 34-36 is for 21.5t.
nicholasxuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #3572
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CORONA , CALIF.
Posts: 4,040
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

your right .. I m not sure about 17.5 havent run one , around here its 21.5 for f1 ..Im thinking 23 to 26 might be a good starting point ..
__________________
Mark Barden .
mb racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #3573
Tech Master
 
cmy55s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orange nsw
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Sounds good i was thinking of a 24 pinion. Just wondering how you guys get the big pinions to fit ie the 35t. I cant seem to get enough motor movement cause the back of the motor hits the top deck mount
cmy55s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #3574
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CORONA , CALIF.
Posts: 4,040
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmy55s View Post
Sounds good i was thinking of a 24 pinion. Just wondering how you guys get the big pinions to fit ie the 35t. I cant seem to get enough motor movement cause the back of the motor hits the top deck mount
Im running the Exotek chassis . so there is alot of room .. if stock chassis .. you have to clearence the area that the motor hits . with a dremal . you can also move the post location about 5 mill foward then redril hole locations for the post ... there are some pictures some where of what was done ..
__________________
Mark Barden .
mb racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #3575
Tech Master
 
pejota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,018
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Pulling the FGX out of moth balls and i've got two questions:

1. What was the issue with the wobble in the front wheels/axles? Did the bearings need replaced or the axles?

2. When is the independent front suspension being released? I thought it was sometime in Septemeber, but TQ RC Racing isn't showing it in stock yet.

Thanks!!
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #3576
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
Pulling the FGX out of moth balls and i've got two questions:

1. What was the issue with the wobble in the front wheels/axles? Did the bearings need replaced or the axles?

2. When is the independent front suspension being released? I thought it was sometime in Septemeber, but TQ RC Racing isn't showing it in stock yet.

Thanks!!
The axles are undersized for the bearsings, and the bearings are really small

Still haven't seen anything on the release date for the IFS
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #3577
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb525 View Post
will these work?
http://www.rcmart.com/shimizu-racing...l?cPath=35_958
http://www.rcmart.com/shimizu-racing...l?cPath=35_958
What about pinions for a silvercan motor. What works for higher speed track.
Also will an F104w kingpin replace the stock one?
anyone?
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #3578
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default front axle-to-bearing fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
The axles are undersized for the bearsings, and the bearings are really small
Has anyone found the Heavy Duty (FGX-124) or Titanium (FGX-331) wheel axles to fit the bearings better?
apenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #3579
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apenn View Post
Has anyone found the Heavy Duty (FGX-124) or Titanium (FGX-331) wheel axles to fit the bearings better?
I tried the Heavy Duty ones and they seemed to be just the same as the kit ones, couldn't tell a difference. I just saw the Titanium ones, haven't heard of anyone trying them yet though. I switched over to the F104 steering blocks and I'm not bothering with the 3Racing setup anymore
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #3580
Tech Apprentice
 
Zedsispeho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Les clayes sous bois, France
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb525 View Post
anyone?
I don't want to be rude but I believe you don't get answer because this question has been asked and answered a couple of time already in this thread.

Best regards
__________________
3 Racing FGX, 21.5T sensored + Esc Hobbyking 80A Turbo.
Team Saxo F1-180 21.5T sensored + Esc Hobbyking 80A Turbo.
Yokomo YRF001 13.5T sensored + Esc Hobbywing 80A Turbo.
Zedsispeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #3581
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb525 View Post
will these work?
http://www.rcmart.com/shimizu-racing...l?cPath=35_958
http://www.rcmart.com/shimizu-racing...l?cPath=35_958
What about pinions for a silvercan motor. What works for higher speed track.
Also will an F104w kingpin replace the stock one?
No those tires will not work without some sort of fabrication on your part. Those are made for the F104 foam tire rims. Tires made for the F104 rubber tire rim, the HPI F10, or the F201 will fit the stock rims.

Not sure about the gearing for a silver can

Many of us use the F014 king pin as it is stronger than the 3Racing one. However it is longer than the stock king pin so you will need to shim it properly.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #3582
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apenn View Post
Has anyone found the Heavy Duty (FGX-124) or Titanium (FGX-331) wheel axles to fit the bearings better?
The titanium fit as it should have been from the start. A must have upgrade.
britechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #3583
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Coral Springs
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Post New IFS

Hi guys figured I would post some pics of the new IFS coming out soon, thanks to 3racing for sending it to me early for review, been really busy and as soon as I have time I will get it to the track and post review and comments.

Attached Thumbnails
3 racing new F1-photo-1.jpg   3 racing new F1-photo-2.jpg   3 racing new F1-photo-3.jpg  
__________________
SFJR Series

ABC Hobby Grid, ARC R10, Airtronics, Tekin, TQ Monkey, Zombie Batteries
www.jamrocracing.com
awjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #3584
Tech Regular
 
Midwest_Mudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kennard, NE
Posts: 437
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

and another thing the direct drive guys will whine about. that will be awesome though. now to find where you live and lift that ifs from you....
__________________
First in.... Last Out. Interior Rescue
I can barely keep track anymore....
Midwest_Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #3585
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
No those tires will not work without some sort of fabrication on your part. Those are made for the F104 foam tire rims. Tires made for the F104 rubber tire rim, the HPI F10, or the F201 will fit the stock rims.

Not sure about the gearing for a silver can

Many of us use the F014 king pin as it is stronger than the 3Racing one. However it is longer than the stock king pin so you will need to shim it properly.
bingo, thanks. i kept looking over but didnt see the assosiation between foam and rubber f104 rims and tires fitting on this
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPI's new F1 PhatPat Electric On-Road 1173 10-10-2013 12:18 AM
new F1 !!! il-gufo Electric On-Road 29 03-26-2011 11:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0