Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
that same question goes for exotek?

also, is anybody having any sucess with the stock upper deck, are you able to do well with it?
my upper deck snapped in half yesterday. doing some set up testing on my street in front of my house, one little whack and it broke. new one ordered with a stiffener to prevent it happening again. sad i am.

ordered some exotek front suspension, upper deck stiffener and new deck from 3 racing as well as some of the new components exotek posted a couple of days ago ...

my front tyres were wobbly too, just not seating right. any suggestions on shims or washers to tighten up the rims?
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-broken-deck.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
when the new ifs suspension comes out, will your upper deck be able to fit it? thanks
Yes, when i designed it i left cutouts for and adapter i will make as soon as i can get my hands on one! Here is my IFS

Originally Posted by NewWestF1
my upper deck snapped in half yesterday. doing some set up testing on my street in front of my house, one little whack and it broke. new one ordered with a stiffener to prevent it happening again. sad i am.

ordered some exotek front suspension, upper deck stiffener and new deck from 3 racing as well as some of the new components exotek posted a couple of days ago ...

my front tyres were wobbly too, just not seating right. any suggestions on shims or washers to tighten up the rims?
I know it gets to repetitious but nip it in the bud, pick up the RCShox upper deck, convert to F104 knuckles. RIDE 104 wheels allow you to use FGX size tires. The upper deck stiffener is not for making the upper deck stronger it is for eliminating some flex, it will still break in the same place.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I know it gets to repetitious but nip it in the bud, pick up the RCShox upper deck, convert to F104 knuckles. RIDE 104 wheels allow you to use FGX size tires. The upper deck stiffener is not for making the upper deck stronger it is for eliminating some flex, it will still break in the same place.
i've ordered the new upper deck already, unfortunately. but i will keep your piece in mind if it happens again. i've been looking at the break to see how i can strengthen the piece when i get it, i have an idea, i'll post a pic when it's done.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by texastc
Available in September

New for the FGX is the new front suspension system featuring double wishbones with independent friction dampers plus anti roll bar and droop adjustments. Adding another realistic F1 like component to the FGX, the new suspension features laydown dampers with pushrod and rocker arms exactly like real F1 cars.

- Upper and Lower Double Wishbone Suspension Arms
- Dual Independent Laydown Friction Dampers
- Pushrod and Rocker Arm system like real F1 race cars
- Dual Coil Springs
- Anti Roll Bars Adjustments
- Droop Adjustments
- Camber Adjustments
- Caster Adjustments

Hi texastc,

Thank you for updating us about this new upgrade package for the fgx... just want to know if this upgrade parts will be applicable for the exotek conversion kit?? thanks!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

if I were to hazard a guess, I would say that there will be an exotek adaptation kit before too long.
But in short - no.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

From the Manual I got this List:
QTY SIZE
2 10x15x4 Bearing
6 5x10x4 Bearing
12 5x8x2.5 Bearing

does that look correct?

Also,
Marcus: which of these bearings does your kit include? I will order it soon
Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayL
From the Manual I got this List:
QTY SIZE
2 10x15x4 Bearing
6 5x10x4 Bearing
12 5x8x2.5 Bearing

does that look correct?

Also,
Marcus: which of these bearings does your kit include? I will order it soon
Kit comes with all bearings EXCEPT the cantilever bearings.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

New website is finally done! Still have some pix to take but its almost 100%! let me know what you think!! www.RCShox.com
Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

New website is finally done! Still have some pix to take but its almost 100%! let me know what you think!! www.RCShox.com
looks good marcus
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oops, Sorry Marcus, I accidently put the link on my blog
Old 08-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DYNAVOLT
Hi texastc,

Thank you for updating us about this new upgrade package for the fgx... just want to know if this upgrade parts will be applicable for the exotek conversion kit?? thanks!
I have no clue. I dont even have an FGX anymore. But I bet if you PM MikeR he can tell you. I would suspect it would.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by texastc
I have no clue. I dont even have an FGX anymore. But I bet if you PM MikeR he can tell you. I would suspect it would.
Hi texastc,

actually i did pm miker he told me that his not yet sure, unless the 3racing release their new package. i guess we have to wait for the verdict!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

I am pretty sure my upper deck will fit the EXO chassis and for the IFS cars the upper deck will be thicker and made of black material. With the IFS chassis flex is not needed as much.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello, for those who have run the IFS (whether 3racing, homemade) does it perform better than standard kingpin coil spring suspension? Or is the additional weight and complexity a disadvantage?

For the rear I could see an advantage vs direct axle. But front kingpin coil spring is already independent suspension at a fraction of the weight.

Just curious if worth it.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hello, for those who have run the IFS (whether 3racing, homemade) does it perform better than standard kingpin coil spring suspension? Or is the additional weight and complexity a disadvantage?

For the rear I could see an advantage vs direct axle. But front kingpin coil spring is already independent suspension at a fraction of the weight.

Just curious if worth it.

Thanks.
IMO it performs better especially when you get the Roll centers correct. Kingpin is independent but very crude and does not match the dynamics of the rear. King pin is probably the best front end for DD cars. Most of us add weight to the front anyway so that is no concern. You cannot adjust roll center on a kingpin front, going with longer rear links ( there are a few FGX members that tested my rear camber plate about a month ago) match the front end dynamics much better. The reason the rear camber links are short and have an ULTRA low Roll center is to match the king pin front geometry. Once i put the IFS on i could not get a good balance , the rear would not stick forcing me to run really hard front tires and that is just not the fast way around the track! once i changed to a longer rear link:

The geometry was much better after this mod , perfect rotation and balance!
So Yes i think it will make for a much better driving machine, now whether that relates to faster laptimes or not its hard to say. In my case it did

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.