R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #2356
AI
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Will you guys stop making these awesome parts! I'm starting to want to get my FGX together again with the new parts of course.
Make something to achieve my idea is a best pleasure for me. Guys, only assemble kit parts or run it, are you satisfy?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #2357
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Well, more broken king pins, but no broken lowers since the Exotek braces were put in. I finally broke down and ordered 3 sets of the F104 standard stainless kingpins like everyone else has. I have yet to break anything on the back half of the car... yet.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #2358
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Well, more broken king pins, but no broken lowers since the Exotek braces were put in. I finally broke down and ordered 3 sets of the F104 standard stainless kingpins like everyone else has. I have yet to break anything on the back half of the car... yet.
The big crush zone in the front protects the rear
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #2359
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
The big crush zone in the front protects the rear
The body is flawless from the nose body clip back too! That's the thing though, you fix one part so it doesn't break and something else has to give, lately it's my wallet.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #2360
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
have u tired the the 3 racing titanium coated kingpins i ordered 4 sets of those to be on the safe side lol.
aceinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #2361
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI View Post
MantisWorx:

Change ceramic bearings is a good choose.

DO you try same motor and esc with DD car? In China race, only need use 21.5T and no boost software. If use my UFO motor, I can faster than DD car, so I don't mind it in a few months. But at another race like TITC 2012, need use same esc and motor in race, lightweight and high efficiency will give DD car more speed and acceler with same power unit.

I don't think 3 stage gear transmission with ceramic bearings can get same or higher efficiency than DD car's 1 stage transmission with ceramic bearings. If 3 stage gear transmission is high efficiency, why another car don't use it?

We run the same spec as you do, zero ESC timing and zero motor timing with 21.5. what you cannot do is run the same gear ratio as the DD cars. motors with higher rpms and less tq are faster on the FGX. At our track the DD cars run around 2.3:1 i run 2.7: and achieve the same if not higher top speed, i also have ceramic bearings in the motor and that helps. The FGX transmission creates more torque due to the reductions, as long as you run ceramic bearings, dry lubricant on the gears and make sure the gear mesh is as loose as you can get away with it is not much of a difference. I currently run the Fantom 21.5 with 34/35 gears. Out of the turn my car is quicker , mid straight the DD cars may gain a car length top end my car squeezes out about a half a car length!
I am the Mclaren in TQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrvBn...ure=plpp_video

you can really tell in this video how hard the car comes out of the turns!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyTKS...ure=plpp_video
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #2362
Tech Champion

Quote:
Make something to achieve my idea is a best pleasure for me. Guys, only assemble kit parts or run it, are you satisfy?

I have been running a stock car this entire season except for the two weeks i was testing the MD chassis. Only issue i have with the stock layout is horrible tweak from the plastic upper deck. But the stock chassis is the fastest on asphalt due to the flex. I am working on a G10/FR4 upper deck that will incorporate IFS! My upper deck mounts to the battery slots with extended standoffs and the tweak is gone.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #2363
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthesky View Post
have u tired the the 3 racing titanium coated kingpins i ordered 4 sets of those to be on the safe side lol.
I intentionally went after the Tamiya's. Even the Coated pins have the e-clip slot and that is where they snap even when inverted. Mind you it takes a very hard hit. I'm just eliminating a point of failure in hopes that it might bend and not break.

What I was really looking for a was a 3 mm x 33 or 34 mm total length shock shaft so I could adjust pre-load properly. The ID of the rims is just over 35 mm so it can't be any longer. Then maybe replace the top upper arm ball with a threaded ball. When I stumble across the right shock shaft, I'll let everyone know. If you have found one, let ME know, please.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #2364
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

i have a question about rear camber, if i set my droop to 2mm i can not get any rear camber. when i adjust the camber i the droop becomes a higher number.
aceinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #2365
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For the rabbit conversion can you still use Shimizu 565/561 and you also have to use tamiya front wings?
MDRTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #2366
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRTales View Post
For the rabbit conversion can you still use Shimizu 565/561 and you also have to use tamiya front wings?
The shimizu grooved tires work great on the rabbit. You will need to use wings made for which ever front end you use. F103 f104 or f109.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #2367
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I'm just waiting for the asphalt results, no carpet track around me that's 2 or less hours away exspecially with the current gas prices. I will try to copy MB Racer front suspension.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #2368
Tech Elite

It the ability to put in rear toe and rear camber which makes the FGX launch so well off corners not ceramic bearing after a whole season barreling with a very fast F104 up here it's clear to see the speed advantage of the DD car but the FGX kills on the rotation and corner exit Can't wait to go outside and really see the advantage of putting in 3d rear toe and some camber in it does compared to the solid axle cars which won't be able to put the power down. Will also get some good bearings in her to get every bit of advantage we can
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #2369
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
It the ability to put in rear toe and rear camber which makes the FGX launch so well off corners not ceramic bearing after a whole season barreling with a very fast F104 up here it's clear to see the speed advantage of the DD car but the FGX kills on the rotation and corner exit Can't wait to go outside and really see the advantage of putting in 3d rear toe and some camber in it does compared to the solid axle cars which won't be able to put the power down. Will also get some good bearings in her to get every bit of advantage we can

Not true, i run 0 toe and minimal camber. how does toe make the car launch out of corners?? if anything it slows down corner speed. It is most definitely the ceramic bearings that make the drivetrain very efficient. ON carpet it may be a different story as i dont run on carpet and never have.

ACE, droop is only effective when cornering. "roll" the car (like a boat) and watch your camber go negative.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #2370
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
The shimizu grooved tires work great on the rabbit. You will need to use wings made for which ever front end you use. F103 f104 or f109.
Thanks but dosen't the rabbit use f104 front knuckles so the rim is different?
MDRTales is offline   Reply With Quote