Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #1771
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All,

New chassis now shipping!

http://www.exotekracing.com/fgx-efx-...is-conversion/

Thanks!

I wonder if those nice front suspension arms from McKune Designs would fit this chassis? I don't trust ANY of the 3Racing arms V1 or V2; they both break too easily. And I'm not crazy about the link arms solution either as they don't look scale like the real thing.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #1772
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
I wonder if those nice front suspension arms from McKune Designs would fit this chassis? I don't trust ANY of the 3Racing arms V1 or V2; they both break too easily. And I'm not crazy about the link arms solution either as they don't look scale like the real thing.
The uppers for both aftermarket chassis mount to the 3Racing camber plate. I bet that they do.

I noticed the inserts in the lower front arm in the Exotek pictures. That is a great idea.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #1773
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag32 View Post
EXOTEK FGX OPTIONS coming soon!!
DELRIN ADJUSTABLE WHEELBASE REAR HEAVY DUTY ARMS
ALLOY FRONT LOWER ARM BRACES
LATERAL MOUNT KIT FOR SHORTY BATTERIES
ALLOY REAR UPPER ARM LINK FOR IMPROVED GEOMETRY

Wonder what those "alloy front lower arm braces" are like? Seems they would add strength in that area.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #1774
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarivers View Post
You da man 6367vette! This info helps immensely. Is that the F104 front end? I have one in the box of parts I got with the car and was thinking about switching to it from the F103 front that's on the car. I'm going to try and pick up a servo saver after work if they have one at Pepboys, (it's sad when Pepboys has more RC parts than the LHS). I'm also going to try and get some anti-squat into that rear also. Ahh the joys of trying something new. Atleast I got my Schumacher Mi4 VTA car dialed in last night, it's on rails now.
Did you get your servo saver? You have got to have that car on the track Saturday.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #1775
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
Wonder what those "alloy front lower arm braces" are like? Seems they would add strength in that area.
they are in the picture. the kit is NICE!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #1776
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
they are in the picture. the kit is NICE!
Oh, now I see them, Good idea! Should add some strength.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #1777
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

McKune FXG F1 chassis #1 on the ground.

Thing of beauty indeed..................

Gonna make that damm turn flat now FNG !!
IBEW Local 48-retired (Definitely, great pension.)
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #1778
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sooooo, took my FGX out for the first time tonite. Carpet, medium grip (layout was new), and very tight and twisty. First two runs were with my 104x1. Felt pretty good, fast lap of 12.7. Pretty consistent as long as I stayed off the little corner dots. Touching those upset the car enough to deduct about .5 second per lap.

Up next was the FGX. Brand new with the Rabbit chassis and Pit tires. Basic build, sort of a mish-mash of parts to get it working; max width. Sauced full rear, 3/4 front. A bit pushy so after 3 laps brought it in and re-sauced; full sauce front. Took a couple warm up laps and then let 'er rip. Wow! Seemed slow but stable but was able to pull off a fast lap of 12.9...2/10ths off my fast lap with the 104x1! Best part was that I could literally jump the dots and only lose about .2 seconds per lap. And this was the first run, with no tuning and a pretty whack setup.

Sunday I will be running outdoors. Looking forward to how it goes. This car is going to be really, really good!!! I'm impressed.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #1779
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Another DOMINATE performance for the FGX tonight! TQ,fast lap and win!
I will post the video tomorrow after i edit it.
Q1=FGX
Q2=EXO F1r
Q3=EXO F1r
Q4=EXOF1r
Q5=FGX

I Tq'd by three laps on the field and got faster each round. Fast time of 11.62 next closest was 11.9 BUT here is the kicker, when i post the video you will see that for some reason one of the racers parked his car on the straight and i hit it FULL speed and broke the top deck. I brought my 104 with me but just hate driving it now because they just dont turn. So get this I borrowed another racers BOX STOCK FGX with my Soft bridgestone tires all the way around and STILL won the race and put the entire field down at least one lap!!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #1780
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
Did you get your servo saver? You have got to have that car on the track Saturday.
WOO! I got the new servo saver put in. and since I was working on the front I went ahead and swapped it over to the F104 front end while I was messing with it. I'm kinda worried about the height of it though as it's sitting at about 8mm ride height with this front end on it. Also which springs are the softest for the fronts? I have the gold, silver and black ones but can't really tell which ones are the softest.

I did not get a chance to look at the rear of the car though, I'm bringing it to the track tonight though so I will work on it while I'm waiting to run VTA on the oval. I'm definitely going to try and get some anti-squat in the rear.

Getting excited about tomorrow for sure now.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #1781
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Another DOMINATE performance for the FGX tonight! TQ,fast lap and win!
I will post the video tomorrow after i edit it.
Q1=FGX
Q2=EXO F1r
Q3=EXO F1r
Q4=EXOF1r
Q5=FGX

I Tq'd by three laps on the field and got faster each round. Fast time of 11.62 next closest was 11.9 BUT here is the kicker, when i post the video you will see that for some reason one of the racers parked his car on the straight and i hit it FULL speed and broke the top deck. I brought my 104 with me but just hate driving it now because they just dont turn. So get this I borrowed another racers BOX STOCK FGX with my Soft bridgestone tires all the way around and STILL won the race and put the entire field down at least one lap!!
Marcus, did the guy you borrowed the car from pick it up and stare at it in wide eyed awe like he couldn't imagine his car ever winning a race? Sorry to hear your upper deck broke. Can't wait to see the video.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #1782
Tech Champion

Quote:
WOO! I got the new servo saver put in. and since I was working on the front I went ahead and swapped it over to the F104 front end while I was messing with it. I'm kinda worried about the height of it though as it's sitting at about 8mm ride height with this front end on it. Also which springs are the softest for the fronts? I have the gold, silver and black ones but can't really tell which ones are the softest.

I did not get a chance to look at the rear of the car though, I'm bringing it to the track tonight though so I will work on it while I'm waiting to run VTA on the oval. I'm definitely going to try and get some anti-squat in the rear.

Silver are the soft ones.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #1783
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Silver are the soft ones.
Okay cool, those are the ones I thought were the softest, and I put them in the car. I'm also running red associated VCS springs in the back, it still seems super soft in the back compared to the front.. Well I guess we will see tonight how it works out.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #1784
Tech Master

Quote:

Glad you got the saver. Ready for Saturday.

The front spindle should have spacers on the kingpin. You probably have all of the spaces above the spindle right now. If you put a couple of spacers below the spindle this will lower the ride height of the front. Be sure to look at the spacers carefully. They are different thickness.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #1785
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

i just finished building my fgx now its time for paint and decals . will these decals fit the wings and body perfect.http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...roducts_id=630

i know, i don't want to paint the wings because obviously the paint will crack. also if you guys now where i can buy other full sets of f1 team decals that are designed to fit the car body and wing it would be appreciated.
aceinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote