Originally Posted by aarivers
Okay so I got to practice for a little while with the FGX tonight. Still pushes like a freight train even with more weight added up front. I didn't get a chance to change the rear links before I broke the stock servo saver, I didn't have a replacement to swap in. So 6376vette do you have any pics of your car, I'd like to see your whole rabbit setup and also what servo saver are you using? Hopefully I can find a replacement before the race at One Lug this weekend.
Slow connection at the house. I took pics tonight and will post them tomorrow.
I'm using a kimbrough servo saver. Not sure of the part number but it is the black one that is the same size as the stock one. I tried the tamiya but didn't like it much.
There are a few things I did to get rid of a lot of the on power push.
1. Installed a shorty lipo as far forward as I could.
2. switched to a firmer rear spring with 70 wt shock oil.
3. Added the aluminium motor mount so I could add 1.5mm anti squat(this helped the most)
4. Adjusted the steering arms so they were straight out from the servo to the wheels. This adjusted the Ackerman to get a more stable front end.
5. Made the upper links parallel to the lower arms.
6. Shimmed the front wheels out 3 mm on each spindle. As much as you can get and still get a wheel nut to bite. Had to switch to unflanged nuts. This was more to keep the inside tire down.
7. Adjusted to 1mm rear droop.
8. Removed the rear sway bar.
9. Changed the diff oil to 80wt shock oil
10 soft tamiya springs up front with bearing oil on the kingpins.
11. Experimented with tires and traction compound. For the compound I'm using a full rear tire and 1/4 to 1/2 a tire on the front depending on track conditions. Never more than 1/2 or you start rolling over.
12. Added the tamiya aluminium camber plate. Running 2.5 degrees up front and 3.0 on the rear
13. Set front toe to 0.5 degrees out
14. Rear toe set at 1.0 in
I'm using the grooved pit shimizu tires. Soft rear and medium or soft up front depending on conditions. My home track will get really sticky late in the racing so I will change to the mediums so I don't traction roll.
I have also found this car likes to be at 6mm ride height or the chassis bottoms out and causes problems. The ride height made a big difference too.
I have my esc set for a little drag brake for corner entry and I'm using a fairly mild minimum drive (punch control) on the throttle. My rear end is pretty sticky now so I'm going to try the esc for a little more aggression out of the turns but this may add a push as well.
Most of all I just played and experimented asked for help on this forum I don't have the whole car figured out yet but it has come a long way. Its finally a consistent car that handles the same from the first lap to the last.
If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to answer.
By the way I haven't needed to add any weight to the front of the car but moving the battery weight forward did help.