R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #1666
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's a quick mockup so I didn't take the time to draw it to any scale or adjust any camber gain/loss. If the upper and lower links/arms are parallel with each other, the roll center at that point is ground level. Obviously since the centers change with suspension movement, the roll center may not only move up and down but also left and right. They are never stationary unless the suspension never moves.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #1667
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Go 2 hole 80wt in the shocks
80wt shock oil in the dif
softest springs
3*toe plate
#4 sway bar

this should help alot!
M,
How much rebound are you building the dampers to? This will really stop the rear end from unloading too quickly if my thinking is clear and help with more gradual weight transfer corner entry and then corner out on power traction. Sounds great for really loose and low grip surfaces.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #1668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
It's a quick mockup so I didn't take the time to draw it to any scale or adjust any camber gain/loss. If the upper and lower links/arms are parallel with each other, the roll center at that point is ground level. Obviously since the centers change with suspension movement, the roll center may not only move up and down but also left and right. They are never stationary unless the suspension never moves.
I agree. I was just stating the behavior of the camber gain/loss with the inclined lower link. Nothing wrong with your drawing at all, just the layout of the FGX rear suspension with the inclined lower arm was what I was pointing out. Your drawing illustrates very well.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #1669
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
M,
How much rebound are you building the dampers to? This will really stop the rear end from unloading too quickly if my thinking is clear and help with more gradual weight transfer corner entry and then corner out on power traction. Sounds great for really loose and low grip surfaces.

Zero rebound
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #1670
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullRacing View Post
Even on our medium grip indoor track, 100% power is a no-no. I recommend trying some expo on your throttle to soften the bottom and a bit , plus wind your e.p.a back to 60% , then sneak it up from there if you can.
The HW is brutal in its power delivery, so only good for open , fast flowing , grippy tracks.
I recently bolted a 2000kv motor in mine and went half a second a lap faster, more consistently too.
I'm looking to go to a sensored 21.5 soon, though a 17.5 might be good on a larger track. This is zero boost I am referring to .....
Couldnt agree more, started with 13t and it was MAD! Switched to 17.5 (blinky) with the speed gear set and its great. Have used this setup outdoor (sma) and indoor (menai)
Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #1671
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Zero rebound
Thanks!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #1672
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Hey guys cheers for all ya help!!
Did some minor changes last night and it's heaps better now

What I did is this
Rear
Soft springs 550wt oil
Softest sway bar
2*camber
2* toeplate
5.5mm ride

Front
Hardest springs
1* camber
0* toe
0* caster
5mm ride

Also played with throttle curve and brake curve on the controller
shano83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #1673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

More FGX parts have arrived at TQ.
www.tqrcracing.com

We have one more option for FGX wheels. It will make FGX 190mm.

FYI, Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #1674
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingnon View Post
Couldnt agree more, started with 13t and it was MAD! Switched to 17.5 (blinky) with the speed gear set and its great. Have used this setup outdoor (sma) and indoor (menai)

Hey champ thanks for ya help! Decided to go a 17.5turn now so ordered the gear set tonight with other bits and pieces from tq
shano83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #1675
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, lots of interest in starting up F1 locally, and I've been drooling over the FGX since before it came out. Pretty close to ordering one.

In the mean time, I'm trying to sort out electronics. I'm trying to keep it cheap. We will be running 0 timing 17.5, and I need an ESC. I've asked for recommendations and advice here for esc choice, would really like input from FGX drivers.

Also need a servo, what cheap options are working for low profile? I already use a Savox 1251 in my TC, but I'm wondering if there's any other suggestions?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #1676
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wollow86 View Post
Hey guys, lots of interest in starting up F1 locally, and I've been drooling over the FGX since before it came out. Pretty close to ordering one.

In the mean time, I'm trying to sort out electronics. I'm trying to keep it cheap. We will be running 0 timing 17.5, and I need an ESC. I've asked for recommendations and advice here for esc choice, would really like input from FGX drivers.

Also need a servo, what cheap options are working for low profile? I already use a Savox 1251 in my TC, but I'm wondering if there's any other suggestions?
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #1677
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:

I have a 1251 in my FGX. It's really the cheapest, nice low profile option you can go with. My FGX came with a Hobbywing Xtreme Stock 60A and it seams to be working nicely, could be a bit smaller though.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #1678
Tech Champion

Quote:

I'm running a HW Justock in 3 of my F1 cars. They are nice and smooth.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #1679
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Full size servo in my FGX for now.
Servo tape and a couple beads of shoo goo hold it to the chassis and a dropped down ballstud similar to the front spindle ballstuds get's it done on the cheap.
Set for servo saver to just clear chassis and barely rubs body on top of servo saver.
Attached Thumbnails
3 racing new F1-fgx-7.jpg  
Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #1680
Tech Elite

We have been selling many of the Novak Edge Speedo's with the kits we have sold at the track..$99.00, small foot print, No Pc needed, and great Novak Service.....
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote