Team Losi JRXS

Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by annie_himself
I just bought a JRXS, can't wait to get it.

You, Bobby C. and Brian C.from Baton Rouge need to make it up to Memphis and race the sedans with us. We have our yearly 2 day race called "Beat the Heat" on the first weekend of August. You can chek us out here on RCTech on the MSRA Memphis racing thread. Hope to talk to ya soon. BTW---I don't know how close you are to Jackson MS., but they have a pretty big group of onroad racers too. Good guys to race with as well.

Brant
Old 07-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Wow! 3rd Place is a good showing for me.

Too bad there are only three of us though.

That's a name...

I'm not sure on Russ's age so you may have been the TQ for the Masters bracket!!!! LMAO LOL

Brant
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
I gotta think that you can fix it with your Dremel...

Also, you and Yeti get to buy the first round in Vegas!!!!!! Pooky has a plane ticket!!!!!!!!! Yippppppeeeeee!!!!!!!

Brant
Old 07-19-2006, 07:36 AM
TLRacing

Hey guys, we have been doing alot of testing lately. We have found that lowering the rear diff and keeping the front high is a huge improvement on the rear engine car. Could you guys give it a try on the front engine car and see what you think?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Todd, i have tired them all differerent ways, and i prefer to run my diffs low for everyhting. Just makes my car feel more consistent / stable.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Todd, carpet or asphalt?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Todd,

at the NOvak last year by accident I ran my front diff high, rear low on my stock foam car and I couldnt get that car to feel right all weekend long. It always felt weird mid-corner. It was easy to drive, but it just didnt feel right nor did it seem to carry corner speed.

By contrast (though also a different set-up) my brushless rocket of a car had both diffs low.

Ray
Old 07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Todd,

That's how I finished the carpet season and I liked it alot. Front High, rear low. My car is totally stock out of the box with the exception of springs, oils and pistons. IE no dremel work or anything. Does have the revised arms on it that Losi started distributing.

My notes say,
"Front diff to high position helped the front the car not dump out in corners 3 and 4, where a stiffer spring that helped the dumping just caused the front end to chatter/skip."
Old 07-19-2006, 10:21 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Todd, carpet or asphalt?
Both.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hey guys, we have been doing alot of testing lately. We have found that lowering the rear diff and keeping the front high is a huge improvement on the rear engine car. Could you guys give it a try on the front engine car and see what you think?
i was running front and rear low, but when i switched to the spool rings vs. cardboard i had to mount the front high and it felt a bit better. i wasn't sure if it was because the spool was locked better or the diff though.

btw, if you need anything "stress tested" i'm a swr local and tend to be friendly with our boards.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge

I'll give it a whirl this Sunday at the track.

BTW--Are you guys running anything similar to the Numan set-up on asphalt with the rear motor car?? I mean like high front roll center and low rear roll center? Later

Brant
Old 07-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I just picked up a JRXS as an upgrade for my son's TC3. This car impressed the heck out of me! I set it up and slapped it on the track and it had the most on power steering of any car I have run. This may end up in my stable and my son gets another ride
The car is very smooth and easy to drive. Seems bulletproof compared to some of the others not to mention how quiet it is. I am liking this car already....
Old 07-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Glowster21
I just picked up a JRXS as an upgrade for my son's TC3. This car impressed the heck out of me! I set it up and slapped it on the track and it had the most on power steering of any car I have run. This may end up in my stable and my son gets another ride
The car is very smooth and easy to drive. Seems bulletproof compared to some of the others not to mention how quiet it is. I am liking this car already....

Welcome aboard Joe!!!!! Hope we can help if you need it.

Brant
Old 07-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Hey Joe
Take a sneaky peak at this site if you want a C LER ride
www.coolcanfan.com
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 AM
TLRacing

DIALED!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.