Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I havent run TC4 hubs, but TC3 hubs using the A hole and 7 or 8 camberlink on the shock tower gives a lot of rear traction.
Sometimes to much rear traction and not enough rotation, but I dial it out by taking the rear tyres off
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 06-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent run TC4 hubs, but TC3 hubs using the A hole and 7 or 8 camberlink on the shock tower gives a lot of rear traction.
Hey Randy, can you explain this? Just to be clear, your saying using the TC3 rear hubs provides more rear traction than the stock Losi hubs? What exactly do they do? Change the roll center? Allow for a longer rear camber link? Just curious because I've been trying to get a little more rear traction (running mod rubber on asphalt for the first time this summer). Thanks for the help!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I am thinkin the rear motor car should be no different in the respect that you really can't use the Lipo batteries for the don't fit in the battery compartment. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me. There was a couple of guys here that got rid of their JRXS's for that very reason. I don't feel that is a valid reason for getting rid of a good car but whatever.

The production rear motor car will be Lipo pack friendly.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Drew PM sent
Old 06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Hey Randy, can you explain this? Just to be clear, your saying using the TC3 rear hubs provides more rear traction than the stock Losi hubs? What exactly do they do? Change the roll center? Allow for a longer rear camber link? Just curious because I've been trying to get a little more rear traction (running mod rubber on asphalt for the first time this summer). Thanks for the help!
I havent actually measured the difference in where the camber link mounts, but the A hole in the TC3 hub is lower and further inward than the A hole in our hub. I havent tried using them with the middle row (4, 5, and 6) on our shock tower as I believe it wouldn't have any camber gain because of how low the link mounts on the TC3 hub. They fit in pretty easilly, you just have to file a little material off of the area where the hingepin goes through to get them to fit in our arms.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, what is used as the C-hub in the JR front link mod? Is there a different hub that is used? I don't see how that works making that hub out of two different pieces...

Is that a hub from another Losi car?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Out of curiosity, what is used as the C-hub in the JR front link mod? Is there a different hub that is used? I don't see how that works making that hub out of two different pieces...

Is that a hub from another Losi car?
The cut down C-Hub is just a 0 degree Losi hub.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Is there an upper hinge pin location on the 0° hub? All of the front hubs I have are ball end tops... I'm not seeing it.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

This circled area is NOT part of a normal 0° hub from a JRXS...

I have seen a few that looked like they were glued or epoxied together, but there's no way I put a car on the track with glued suspension components.

Last edited by squarehead; 11-29-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

I havent actually measured the difference in where the camber link mounts, but the A hole in the TC3 hub is lower and further inward than the A hole in our hub. I havent tried using them with the middle row (4, 5, and 6) on our shock tower as I believe it wouldn't have any camber gain because of how low the link mounts on the TC3 hub. They fit in pretty easilly, you just have to file a little material off of the area where the hingepin goes through to get them to fit in our arms.
Thanks Randy. I may have to give this a try this weekend.

Has anyone tried running more than 2 deg of rear toe-in on this car? If I remember right, this should help the rear tires remain planted better on-power coming out of a corner. Correct?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

This circled area is NOT part of a normal 0° hub from a JRXS...

I have seen a few that looked like they were glued or epoxied together, but there's no way I put a car on the track with glued suspension components.
Doug - I believe JRXS-Bill posted a step-by-step how-to for making the JR-links a couple of months back, pictures and all. You could try searching the thread. Basically, the part you are looking at is the very bottom portion of a 0 deg C-hub (Losi or Associated). Instead of installing a ball stud into the c-hub and knuckle, you screw this 0-deg hub bottom to the top of what ever standard c-hub you are using. Try searching for JRXS-Bill's how-to post. It did a pretty good job explaining it.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone tried running more than 2 deg of rear toe-in on this car? If I remember right, this should help the rear tires remain planted better on-power coming out of a corner. Correct?
I have run more, but its very rare that you will need to....you are correct tho, more rear toe made my car plant better out of the corners.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Thanks, I found it now. Post numbers 10354 & 10355 from this thread if anyone is searching, as well. No photos anymore, though.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I run 3 degrees on the rear motor car, but never ran more than 2.5 on the front motor. At the nationals I even tried 4 degrees per side, I dont recommend that though
Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I found it now. Post numbers 10354 & 10355 from this thread if anyone is searching, as well. No photos anymore, though.
http://www.jrxs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=491
There ya go! The parts are not glued but as they were sanded down they had a glossy look on some. Imagine looking at the C hub and cutting the bottom off. then take that piece and stack it on topo of another C hub. The boss for the set screw is sticking down in most of the pics so it makes it a lil confusing. Hope this helps.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.