Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

so WHEN is the "new" car going to be available???
Old 05-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default JRXS rear/front arms

Hey Mr Pook, I think the XXXs CV will work with the conversion, just a thought.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hey Mr Pook, I think the XXXs CV will work with the conversion, just a thought.

Aright!

HEY!!! WAIT a minute!!!!!

Somebody refresh my memory as to why we are trying to make rear arms fit on the front? LOL Somebody said Dremel and I started checking then realized this for what purpose again?

Brant
Old 05-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default JRXS F/R arms

After I thought about this and then I was looking at some secret spy shots of the new car, I see they are going with a marginally longer front arm as well. Like I said I'm not sure why you would want to do this, but it would be one more thing to use as a tuning tool. Again, just a thought, not sure if its valid, but if your like me, to sacrifice one set of old arms is nothing other than time. My problem here is once done I have no place to test them out, so I figured I would go to the dremel king himself.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi jon
so WHEN is the "new" car going to be available???
I believe it's expected sometime in September.. and from what Todd has told me, the production version sounds super dialed!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
After I thought about this and then I was looking at some secret spy shots of the new car, I see they are going with a marginally longer front arm as well. Like I said I'm not sure why you would want to do this, but it would be one more thing to use as a tuning tool. Again, just a thought, not sure if its valid, but if your like me, to sacrifice one set of old arms is nothing other than time. My problem here is once done I have no place to test them out, so I figured I would go to the dremel king himself.
The longer front arm is mainly used on carpet to mellow the front end of the car out, nobody really runs them on asphault though as they take out too much traction.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Randy-thanks for the info...and by the way..good job today....sorry not to give you your props earlier!!! so tell me...should i get a jrxs now or wait...? our season starts back up in a couple of weeks...i mean i can get any car i want..i manage one of the two Racers Haven where you raced today...but i would rather stick with a Losi as i have always had good luck with their stuff and factory support is phenomenal!!
Old 05-21-2006, 09:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

There were a number of people running the standard front motor JRXS today, J. Filipow who TQ'ed and won 19 turn, Patrick See, and Jay Neil, just to name a few. It's definately still a competitive car, and the setups that we have to start off with are great. If you're going to run at the racers haven track, I'd definately suggest starting off with the Numan setup found on the TL website.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

one more question..will there be a conversion kit made available??
Old 05-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi jon
Randy-thanks for the info...and by the way..good job today....sorry not to give you your props earlier!!! so tell me...should i get a jrxs now or wait...? our season starts back up in a couple of weeks...i mean i can get any car i want..i manage one of the two Racers Haven where you raced today...but i would rather stick with a Losi as i have always had good luck with their stuff and factory support is phenomenal!!

The longer arms are only like .150" longer.. and to use them, you would need a chassis with narrower pins F/R.

To use the long CVD's you would need the proto diffs and properly spaced arms.

Love the ambition, but the new car will be ready very shortly!

Keith
Old 05-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Red face

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I believe it's expected sometime in September.. and from what Todd has told me, the production version sounds super dialed!

Any idea when the new Jrx will be making its way to the UK? (God do we need it over here!!!)
Old 05-22-2006, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by srhand
Any idea when the new Jrx will be making its way to the UK? (God do we need it over here!!!)

I would think it should be around the same time in September. Are you racing on carpet or on the tarmac?

Brant
Old 05-22-2006, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I would think it should be around the same time in September. Are you racing on carpet or on the tarmac?

Brant

I'm on tarmac at the moment, its the start of the nationals series over here and I think there is about 3 of us losi drivers fighting the corner!!! (will be back on carpet come October/November for the Carpet Thrashnals and the Losi Shoot Out!!

We have the Jrx-s going well however i do feel the Cyclone and the Yok BD is starting to get an edge over here. HUH!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This may be off the subject but i thought i should post this. I raced my JRX-S for the first time on the weekend and it was awsome. It was actually the first time i had ever driven it. First race my car took off and after the second lap i was atleast 5 seconds ahead until i broke some teeth in my servo.

Well to cut a long story short i finished 3rd overall and took about .5 of a second of my previous personal best which was with my TC4 and my setup was terrible.

I couldn't find a right setup. My car was pushing heaps and wasn't turning in. It was like i had my servo setting at 20%.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what i could do to make it turn better without the back sliding out? I am running basically the stock setup with Take-Off 27's. Also how do you tighten the front diff?

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc4
Does anyone have any suggestions to what i could do to make it turn better without the back sliding out? I am running basically the stock setup with Take-Off 27's. Also how do you tighten the front diff?

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Is there any chance of us convincing you to try the Numan setup from the losi website.....

You tighten the front diff the same as the rear diff.... not sure what your question is really... do you want to know how tight or to just tighten it so it won't slip?

Regards,
Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.