Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Can you tell me what camber rise means - sorry for being a bit stupid about this.
Camber rise or gain would be more camber as you compress the suspension, say you have 1 degree camber at ride height, the length and height of the camber link can keep it roughly at 1 degree throughout the suspension movement, or you can set camber gain or loss. I almost always run camber gain, which would be running the inner link lower and or shorter, camber gain makes the car more aggressive.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Cut down the ball cup so you can get the length required. Honestly, I have felt that the middle position on the shock tower works well with the Newman setup. A shorter link gives you more camber rise.

DITTO !!!! I normally run the middle hole as well. LOL I guess I don't drive as fast as the " Numan"! hehe

Brant
Old 05-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Camber rise or gain would be more camber as you compress the suspension, say you have 1 degree camber at ride height, the length and height of the camber link can keep it roughly at 1 degree throughout the suspension movement, or you can set camber gain or loss. I almost always run camber gain, which would be running the inner link lower and or shorter, camber gain makes the car more aggressive.
By agressive do you mean more grip - so if I run as per the Numan setup this would give max grip (most agressive) as it is the shortest link and gives camber gain. And moving the inside hole to the middle will make the car less agressive.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone have news, rumour updates on the new car?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just doing my quarterly thread check to see if a release date has been set for a rear motor car?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:57 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So is there actually going to be a new car released or is this just rumour?
Old 05-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc4
So is there actually going to be a new car released or is this just rumour?
Just a rumour at this stage... perpetuated by our enthusiasm.....
Old 05-12-2006, 01:33 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Thats good. I would have been annoyed cause i just bought a JRX-S and they bring out a new car.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:00 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Are all the outdrives on the JRX-S the same or are they different?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc4
Are all the outdrives on the JRX-S the same or are they different?

Thanks
Same front to rear, but different from diff/spool to one-way.......
Old 05-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

The new car is still in the works but be patient!!!!! I still love my original front motor car and will probably keep it even after I get a rear motor car. You have to also think about it this way. The Team guys caught a lot of flack after we first got our JRXS's about it needed development time. They were wrong in my opinion but when this rear motor car comes out the team guys will have it dialed!!!!! I just hope I can get mine in green!!--Hint-Hint-Hodgimoto!!!!

Question-----Are any of you guys running the aluminum pivot supports?? If you are, do these pieces add any weight? I really hate having to add weight to make ROAR requirements. I know....I know!!!! Put the weight where you want it!! Blah Blah! It would be so much easier and cooler just to be able to use the aluminum supports pieces instead. Later gents!

Brant
Old 05-13-2006, 05:30 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Do you think it will be a whole new car or could you buy a conversion kit to convert your car from front to rear motor?
Old 05-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc4
Do you think it will be a whole new car or could you buy a conversion kit to convert your car from front to rear motor?

I'm not really sure. From looking at all of the latest changes on the rear motor car, I can't really see a conversion kit being economical. This is only my thinking and I may be completely wrong.

Brant
Old 05-14-2006, 03:19 PM
TLRacing

Check out some of the pics from this weekend at Speedworld.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...55#post2362555
Old 05-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc4
Thats good. I would have been annoyed cause i just bought a JRX-S and they bring out a new car.

The JRXs is unique and a good car. So even when they bring out the rear Motor car, you really dont need to chnage if your happy. Besides-it takes new diffs, new CVD's, etc. If youve got a sizeable amunt of money tied up in parts-you wouldnt want to switch. Its lik the whole Xray thing. Everyone switched from the 04 to the 05 on faith and in my opnion-the 05 was a horrid car and the 04 remains the better platform (just my opinion).

The rear motor car should be awesome though. Todd has tested and tested and tested. I missed an opportunity to drive a team drivers car recently-if I get to again-I'll give the laymans perspective on it. I just bought a T2 recently as an expensive test of chassis and its good. I have heard the RMC is flat out dialed (Hodges set-up) on carpet and Todd rarely has to chnage a thing on it from track to track (Gate, Stockton Nats, Novak, etc.). That bodes well for its consistency. if theres one thing about the JRXS front motor isi how I am always chasing set-ups and rarely hit it right on. Again I said (I)!! Your results may vary.

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.