Team Losi JRXS

Old 04-19-2006, 06:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FERNANDO
also who makes a spool for the car..??
You will need to make your own spool up using the stock diff. Most use sandpaper to make diff rings and Losi has some new rings coming out to make spools with.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Fernando,
The bearing you need are used for the steering rack pins on the off-road BK-2 buggy. LOSA-6912
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

windix60...awesome thanks...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

OK chaps, I need a couple of LOSA4253 (sway bar plastics), but I cannot get them over here in the UK

Where is the best place in the states I can mail order these from?

Horizon Hobby wont deliver to the UK....
Old 04-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
brakes, what are brakes
Yea have to admit, you coming up to me and congratulating me on a second place in the second A, from your goodself made me real proud, for someone as good as you to say that.
Why'd you go early and put me under presure on the last run as I was then unaficially on pole you swine and binned it on the first corner so as every one else would use me as there brakes, still least I got another 9 laps in before my ball stud got ripped out of my steering arm and was getting back from 10th to about 4th when that happened. Still was a great day for the Losi eh, you never know sponsorship maybe looming for the old man yet I will have a chat with the 'Bald Eagle' on that score
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
No worries Malc, I thought you did really well. 19T is alot more competitive this year...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Well done Ben & Malc

Are you using the rear tower as standard, or in front of the rear bulkhead?

I'm gonna put that setup on my car now as my starting point for outdoors. Just need to finalise my indoor one and get me some horsepower and I'll be sorted

Oli
Rear tower in the standard position at the back, but I am running a rear tower on the front also so I can get more top link positions.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

This one's for Karl (berger) and POOKYT

Old 04-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J A M I N
Rear tower in the standard position at the back, but I am running a rear tower on the front also so I can get more top link positions.
Cool, thanks. I'm assuming shock hole positions were re-drilled to match that of the original tower? And you were using BK arms front & rear too?

Many thanks, really want to get some tarmac racing in soon, before I go back to Uni in May

Oli
Old 04-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry to butt in here!

If you use the normal front tower as a template you will end up overlapping the holes and it will A) look crap and B) not work!

I drilled bang in the centre of the two holes for the new hole.

There is the other option of the funky double front shcok tower, theres a pic knocking about somewhere on here...!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

OK chaps, I need a couple of LOSA4253 (sway bar plastics), but I cannot get them over here in the UK

http://www.kthobbies.com/shop/produc...af2270c230edff

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=LOS4253

Regards,
Peter
Old 04-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Chris, when you want to drill new holes to match the normal front, i suggest you use some ca glue and ca kicker to fill in the holes in that area that you need to drill.

Just put a little kicker in the hole, a few drops of ca, and drmel it flat with the carbon fiber, when you drill the hole it will be plenty strong and you can't really tell it was filled in.

That should help ya out.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Thats why mine have never came ive had them on order with helger for about a month now. lol

looks like i will have to get them from the states aswell but the postage is really expensive usually
Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
This one's for Karl (berger) and POOKYT

OK Your good to go! LOL

Brant
Old 04-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Guys,
Need some advice on what is causing this to happen to my tire....

This is my left front tire and it's had 6 packs... Tire is a Sorex 36 with a Xenon Black insert. The other tires are fine. It looks like it's overheated, but usually it seems to have peeled from the centre line of the tire....
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-106_0632_1.jpg  
Old 04-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Guys,
Need some advice on what is causing this to happen to my tire....

This is my left front tire and it's had 6 packs... Tire is a Sorex 36 with a Xenon Black insert. The other tires are fine. It looks like it's overheated, but usually it seems to have peeled from the centre line of the tire....
Hi 2-Bad,

Overinflated tire?

Seriously, because most tracks are setup to run clockwise, the left side tires get more load than the ones on the right. Additionally, with the weight transfer going to the left front tire when turning and slowing, always makes that the most burdened tire. Same applies to the foam tires I use for carpet racing.

Assuming that you are running in very warm conditions, I would suggest rotating the tires often to spread the wear.

Question... Which hole in your front hubs does your steering linkage go to? Are you running a diff, spool or one-way?

Bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.