Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

[QUOTE=wyd]
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
For my JR link set i used the losi block, and a tc3 arm...i redrilled the tc3 arm hindge pin to give it less dept and fit a bit better, then cut the end off so it is like a U. I was having trouble with it hitting everything. [/QUOTE Yeah Mike mine hit everything as well. I had my grinder working hard. It looks nice but if I can do it and grind less that would be nice, especially if I need to make a spare at the track.

Pooky you reading this!!!

see only a true Jedi can master the Multi-speed Dremel Pro.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

LMAO!!!

Joo have much to learn young grasshoppers!!

You guys should still be able to use the TC3 stuff and not have to redrill anything. I think this is the problem. If your looking at the link and arm setup from above while its on the car, then you should see NO set screw holes for the outer hinge pins. Both the upper and lower outside hinge pins will have the setscrew and boss, which need to be pointing down. The only shaving I did for a better fit was to make a couple of small "scallops" on the top edges of the link so at full lock the upper part of my wheel would not touch even if it warps or gets hit. I will do my best to post some pics asap. Maybe too, part of mine not having these clearance issues is from me be so anal about how unifrom and smooth they look. I sanded mine to be square and even and then rounded some portions so its pretty!!

Brant
Old 03-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Thanks Niall & rcracing.....
I'll have to try the AE stuff if it fouls the servo as the Hitec servo mount taps are further back then most and I'm running a Kimbrough med servo saver as well.

But what about the gearing for a 19t?
At our big 2-day race last year we ran on and with our nitro classes on a track with a 175 foot long straight with a slight dog leg to it. I ended up running my PRS 116 gear with a 40 tooth pinion and had all the speed I needed. On all of our other regular races and at different tracks, I usually ran 3-5 teeth higher on pinion over what I was geared on my ROAR or Monster stock motors. Hope this helps you out 2Bad.

Brant
Old 03-29-2006, 06:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

[QUOTE=5thscaleracer]
Originally Posted by wyd

Pooky you reading this!!!

see only a true Jedi can master the Multi-speed Dremel Pro.
It will be worth it when I run the car again I'm sure.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
What motor / size track? Rubber or foam?
This will be on a fairly large open asphalt gas car track (approx. 45 meter straight) on rubber tires, with a checkpoint 19t.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by POOKYT
At our big 2-day race last year we ran on and with our nitro classes on a track with a 175 foot long straight with a slight dog leg to it. I ended up running my PRS 116 gear with a 40 tooth pinion and had all the speed I needed. On all of our other regular races and at different tracks, I usually ran 3-5 teeth higher on pinion over what I was geared on my ROAR or Monster stock motors. Hope this helps you out 2Bad.

Brant

This is hte best I can offer for help.

Brant
Old 03-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Brant

Thanks Brant, Obviously I'm going to have to find out my clearances with the servo I'm using. I really don't want to remove the servo saver, or buy a PRS adaptor as I really like the Losi kevlar spurs, but I might be force too.....

Regards,
Peter
Old 03-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

This is hte best I can offer for help.

Brant

Yepp, I hear ya ... and I really appreciate your input....
Old 03-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Don't be scared of the PRS adapter and gears. I ran and am running the same 128 spur I bought 2 weeks after owning the car. I keep a PRS 116 and the stock gear in the box. Plus I love that red baby!!!!! Yessssss!!!

Brant
Old 03-30-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by berger
Hawr, busting in on you! You can try my VTECs on saturday if you like, they are fairly well worn though. I want to try a few tyre combinations on saturday, have you any RP24 premounts i could try? I think the best tyre was the CS27, but i can only afford one new set (so need to buy the right ones)because i blew all my money on diesel and stuff... (not drugs).
What time are you going down on the saturday, i believe ste and ali are meeting at half 9 at the truck stop, but im not sure, might set off at half 9 from my house, its about 75 minutes or so drive. See what the weather is doing on friday.

Ahh Karlos, it's all about the weather, If all looks good I reckon me and Martin will leave about the same time. I got to get back home for 4 though.

I dont have any pre mount RPs, im going to be running 22s and 27s. Indeed.

It'll be a shame to miss it due to rain though.

This place rocks!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

that looks a great track for modified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jordan
Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Holy crap, what a track. Nothing like that here, thats for sure!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

post removed due to spam

Last edited by Speedo; 03-30-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris

Ahh Karlos, it's all about the weather, If all looks good I reckon me and Martin will leave about the same time. I got to get back home for 4 though.

I dont have any pre mount RPs, im going to be running 22s and 27s. Indeed.

It'll be a shame to miss it due to rain though.

This place rocks!
I think i must be the only person who wants it to rain Im so poor, loads of cheques and all my national fees came out, plus work are moving my pay about so not been paid for a bit properly now. Roll on student loans and my month pay, gonna be £1500 in the bank when that comes in
Old 03-30-2006, 07:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

POOKYT I decided to make some new camber link mods using the XXX-S arms this time. Not sure what the differance was but this time I needed to just take a little off each edge of the upper arm and thats it. Well if nothing else these look alot nicer than the 1st ones I made but now in a pinch I have some spares to get me by if I break my new ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.