Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jordys jrxs
lol i race outdoors on a tight asphalt with at the minute temperatures of about 5 degrees MAX with take off cs-22 tyres

jordan

Jordan--Your track sounds very similar to mine. Start with the Numan set-up with the new arms and the spool with the 41 tooth pulley. I think you will be amazed!!!!!! If that feels pretty good but need fine tuning, then start by lowering the front roll center( if you need more steering) or raising the rear roll center( if you need more rear traction). That will get you 80% there. After that play with the camber links and shock positions. I hope this helps you. Let us know if there is anything else.

Brant
Old 03-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Pookyt= 100% serious. Try it. It is fantastic.

Yah.. the JRXS is dialed
KB

I believe you bro! I too love my shushi!!!!!!! Only, over here in the Mid-South we prefer to roll it in corn meal and deep fry it in oil!!! Maybe add some hush puppy's for a side dish!!!!

Brant
Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

POOKYT Have you run the Losi one way with the Numan setup in your car at all? On my last JRXS I ran the spool with the 41 tooth and the Numan setup and it was a little twitchy with the overdriven front for me. I went with the Numan setup on my JRXS this time but with the One Way and a front sway bar. I think it will be a little less twitchy now. Will see tommorrow as it is the maiden voyage with the complete rebuild of the car I just bought. Will start and work the setup from here.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
POOKYT Have you run the Losi one way with the Numan setup in your car at all? On my last JRXS I ran the spool with the 41 tooth and the Numan setup and it was a little twitchy with the overdriven front for me. I went with the Numan setup on my JRXS this time but with the One Way and a front sway bar. I think it will be a little less twitchy now. Will see tommorrow as it is the maiden voyage with the complete rebuild of the car I just bought. Will start and work the setup from here.

I was only able to run my one-way last year for 1 battery pack with the Numan set-up!! It acted weird the whole pack and later I found my oneway was all bound up. After that I pulled it and stuck the spool back in for the rest of the year. LOL for what its worth. The first 1-2 mins of the running the spool the car felt ballistic but a lil touchy. I will give the one-way many more shots this year as Todd helped me out with my goof'd up original one-way. My main problem is we run in a parking lot and each race our track layout is different. I do my best to try different things on set-up but I hate to stray to far away from my base as i have about 4 fast local guys. Later

Brant
Old 03-24-2006, 08:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

We have an indoor asphalt track with monster traction and the newest layout is very flowing so a one way has worked for me in my other cars when running at this track. If the layout was not so flowing I would just run the spool but more than likely run the 42 tooth gears as my experiance with overdriving my last JRXS didn't feel right to me. Just always felt twitchy. Probably just me. Will try it tommorrow with the one way and see what it does. I can always make a spool if I need to at the track.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
We have an indoor asphalt track with monster traction and the newest layout is very flowing so a one way has worked for me in my other cars when running at this track. If the layout was not so flowing I would just run the spool but more than likely run the 42 tooth gears as my experiance with overdriving my last JRXS didn't feel right to me. Just always felt twitchy. Probably just me. Will try it tommorrow with the one way and see what it does. I can always make a spool if I need to at the track.

I agree with you. Plus, I don't think overdriving the oneway helps. A good oneway car will have all the pull off of the corners you should need. Don't give up on the JRXS with the spool though. If your track is pretty tight,even with the flowing layout the spool car will be fast and maybe a lil easier to drive. Let me know how it works out.

Brant
Old 03-24-2006, 09:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I agree with you. Plus, I don't think overdriving the oneway helps. A good oneway car will have all the pull off of the corners you should need. Don't give up on the JRXS with the spool though. If your track is pretty tight,even with the flowing layout the spool car will be fast and maybe a lil easier to drive. Let me know how it works out.

Brant
I think when I get to run the outdoor parking lot tracks I will go to a spool in the front since the tracks tend to be alot looser overall vs the track I run on now. Plus on the larger outdoor tracks I will be running 19T instead of stock so breaks are nice just in case I need them.

I will be making a spool just in case. This is mainly a test session plus racing but then I have 2 weeks off before I can race again and during that time I can get some more stuff for the car.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
I think when I get to run the outdoor parking lot tracks I will go to a spool in the front since the tracks tend to be alot looser overall vs the track I run on now. Plus on the larger outdoor tracks I will be running 19T instead of stock so breaks are nice just in case I need them.

I will be making a spool just in case. This is mainly a test session plus racing but then I have 2 weeks off before I can race again and during that time I can get some more stuff for the car.
Have you built up one of the camber mods? I really liked it on my car last year.

Brant
Old 03-24-2006, 10:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Have you built up one of the camber mods? I really liked it on my car last year.

Brant
No I have not done that. I have some of the parts. You happen to have any pics of the setup? I would like to see a pic of the bottom of the a arm. Not a 100% on exactly how to make the setup.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
No I have not done that. I have some of the parts. You happen to have any pics of the setup? I would like to see a pic of the bottom of the a arm. Not a 100% on exactly how to make the setup.

Check it out on JRXS.com
Some very good pics posted on the mod!! I highly recomend it!!!

Brant
Old 03-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanx for that brant will try the numan set up and see wat it does

jordan

P.S IS THE FRONT CAMBER MOD WORTH DOING, AND IS THE REAR SHOCKTOWER WORTH PUTTING ON THE FRONT WITH THE HOLES DRILLED THE SAME AS THE FRONT SHOCKTOWER SO I GET MORE CAMBER LINK ADJUSTMENT
Old 03-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

O YEAH AND WHERE DO YOU RACE THEN BRANT

JORDAN
Old 03-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

I race with the MSRA club in Memphis TN.

www.msra-racing.com

I will not run my car again without the camber mod. Thats just me so you need to see for yourself. Also, I have not tried the rear tower on the front yet so I can't yet tell the benefits of using the shorter front camber links. The main reason for running the rear tower on the front is so you can try using a shorter camber link. I will have it ready by next weekend so I should know something by then. I am also, dying to try the KB rear tower mod which moves the rear tower to the front side of your rear bulkheads and mounts the shock to the front side of the arms. Hell, if nothing else its looks darn trick!!!!( Pat on the back to Keith ) Fellas.......if I have missed anything here please help me out!! Good Luck and have fun with your JRXS Jordan!!

One thing I just remembered! This may or may not help you. I have tried running the car with all the deck posts in place as well as removed. I have also, run the car with either the two front posts or rear posts to see how it feels. I found at my track, the traction always seems to be higher during the mains than at any other time of the day. Several times my car feels GREAT in the 3rd. qualifier and I need just a touch of freeing the car up for the mains. My best solution has been to add the posts back in for my mains.( this is if I have them removed.) Normally I only replace the rear two as this feels just bout perfect for the mains. I actually do not remove the whole post but I just remove or replace the screws in the bottom of the chassis. This way the chassis has more flex and my X-Ray competition can't tell I have changed my car at all. Don't hate Da PlayA--Hate Da game!! Go get'm

Brant
Old 03-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jordys jrxs
thanx for that brant will try the numan set up and see wat it does

jordan

P.S IS THE FRONT CAMBER MOD WORTH DOING, AND IS THE REAR SHOCKTOWER WORTH PUTTING ON THE FRONT WITH THE HOLES DRILLED THE SAME AS THE FRONT SHOCKTOWER SO I GET MORE CAMBER LINK ADJUSTMENT
jordan, come speak to me at the next meet and I'll discuss what effect it has
Old 03-25-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Keith B, I just picked up the JRX-S that Josh had marked wayyyy down at the store. My maiden voyage with the car will be this weekend. How well does the BK setup from the 05 carpet nats work up at CEFX? Also, any other setup help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.