Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Hmm, dont know if I'm the best example to ask, I run the stock bumper, cut down a bit...
Well.......Some of us need the extra protection of the P-Dub bumper!!! Maybe its for the uh.......uh......Other guys who hit us. Yea-Thats the ticket!! LOL

Brant
Old 03-13-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tim fry
I've got one and cant seem to get it to work but I dont think Helger who import it really fully support it I don't know any of their team drivers who run it. So this means it's hard to find a setup.
There are a few people still running the car in UK. What surface are you running on I've got a couple of pretty decent set ups for Rubber on carpet and minipins on polished floor.

Do have to admit though its not been the easiest car to car going well. Think that the set ups dont work as well over here as the grip levels both indoors and out are soooooooo different here compared to the States.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedfreakUK
There are a few people still running the car in UK. What surface are you running on I've got a couple of pretty decent set ups for Rubber on carpet and minipins on polished floor.

Do have to admit though its not been the easiest car to car going well. Think that the set ups dont work as well over here as the grip levels both indoors and out are soooooooo different here compared to the States.
Shoot me a Private message with your Email and ill send you some setups, we have just 3 on my track but we all have tried different setups, some prefer different than other due to driving style, but for the most part my track is outdoor, with very low grip, but are setups work very well considering the conditions we have! and most of the time if you find a good setup at my tack they will work everywhere else in france, so sometimes its a bonus.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by POOKYT
How long you been gone and are you running on carpet or Asphalt? Hollar!

Brant
I've been running carpet with different cars but they ender up in the trash, I have not ran the losi steady since dec.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by speedfreakUK

Hi there, i'm from the UK and I run a JRX-s (i know its rare!!) However if you start with the josh Numan set up you can adjust it with slight and small changes to almost any surface over here, if you are running on polished floors though make sure you have no toe in on the rear end and the car will stay stable at speed and braking. For carpet with rubber i'm regular in the top 5 at my club (i race 27 turn everyone else uses 19t) do every thing Josh says apart from the shocks, keep the standard kit springs and 45 wt oil in the front and 35 wt in the rear and you car will be much faster in the corners that you don't need to have the extra speed down the straight!

Hope this helps!!! However if anyone has any good ideas please let me know!!! there is always time for kicking xray butt!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by srhand
Hi there, i'm from the UK and I run a JRX-s (i know its rare!!) However if you start with the josh Numan set up you can adjust it with slight and small changes to almost any surface over here, if you are running on polished floors though make sure you have no toe in on the rear end and the car will stay stable at speed and braking. For carpet with rubber i'm regular in the top 5 at my club (i race 27 turn everyone else uses 19t) do every thing Josh says apart from the shocks, keep the standard kit springs and 45 wt oil in the front and 35 wt in the rear and you car will be much faster in the corners that you don't need to have the extra speed down the straight!

Hope this helps!!! However if anyone has any good ideas please let me know!!! there is always time for kicking xray butt!
Did you find that running the Numan setup with the stiffer oil and springs keeps the car driving flatter in the corners.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Did you find that running the Numan setup with the stiffer oil and springs keeps the car driving flatter in the corners.
WYD, I heard a rumor that you have been considering running a JRXS. If this is true, let me know if you need any tips or anything
Old 03-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tim fry
I've got one and cant seem to get it to work but I dont think Helger who import it really fully support it I don't know any of their team drivers who run it. So this means it's hard to find a setup.
Tim, this is my latest tarmac setup, worth a try....

Front:

50wt Oil
15lb Spring
56 Piston
White bladder
2 O-rings above bladder
2mm droop
4 degree caster
1 degree camber
41T spool
.100" shim under high roll center
diff high
middle hole on shock tower
position 5 on camber link - JR Camber link mod, rear tower on the front see:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...ostcount=10792

and

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...ostcount=10354

-

Rear:
35wt Oil
12.5lb spring
56 piston
White bladder
2 O-rings above bladder
3mm droop
1.5 degree camber
.040" shim under low roll center
diff high
2 degree inboard toe-in
hole 2 on shock tower
hole 5 camber link

any ballast weight at rear of car (as close to the diff centre line as poss.)

If I've missed anything, pm or email me.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Is this a general setup or for a particular track?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Is this a general setup or for a particular track?
Its a good starting point, I've tried it at two tracks, Ipswich and Southend, both of which are technical twisty tarmac tracks.

Oh, and the motor is at the front!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:33 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigX
WYD, I heard a rumor that you have been considering running a JRXS. If this is true, let me know if you need any tips or anything
Thanks I appreciate that. Rumor mill is true. I just can't help myself. I guess I'm Teach JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rubber tire set up for carpet

Went to Team Losi site and only one set up from 1 1/2 years ago, can someone post a good rubber tire/carpet set up or post a link to one. Gonna go up to Trackside for the stock rubber tire national at the end of April and I normally run foams, so looking for somewhere to start.

Thanks....
Old 03-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

page 316 on this thread has a winning setup for Trackside rubber class
Old 03-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J A M I N
Its a good starting point, I've tried it at two tracks, Ipswich and Southend, both of which are technical twisty tarmac tracks.

Oh, and the motor is at the front!
Jamin (or anyone),
what effect does putting the rear shock tower on the front give you?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Thanks I appreciate that. Rumor mill is true. I just can't help myself. I guess I'm Teach JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't have your car back Bro!! ...................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.