Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
No Fair!!!! Your like half a day ahead!!!! Go race something will ya?

Brant
I've already been... (Friday night)... tried the rear shock mod... going practising with Dirtydog tomorrow (Sunday)....
Old 03-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
AE hexs up front & standard pivot blocks. You want it sooooo bad! Even if you guess correctly, it won't be out for two weeks anyway. Until then, I'm not willing to comment on the subject, as I too fear the wrath of Hodgimotosan. [/mwuhahaha]

Aren't I!
Old 03-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
I've already been... (Friday night)... tried the rear shock mod... going practising with Dirtydog tomorrow (Sunday)....
How did the friday night racing go 2-bad? Any good?
Old 03-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott_g
How did the friday night racing go 2-bad? Any good?
OMG... what are you doing here.... wait till I tell Heavy.....

As you already know, the Friday Night run wasn't about wininng, but about trying different things (but it would have been nice to win as well). All testing information is good, otherwise you never know if good can be made better.

and Yes your car was nearly perfect and you drove very well .... (is that what you wanted to hear) I'll email you this week on how to make your's better....
Old 03-04-2006, 06:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm up at the Carpet Nats track in Stockton, had a club race today (my first time back on carpet since Vegas) but the car was really good. I was on pace for 2'nd qualifier in my first run when I dumped, and I hit a board and tweaked my car pretty bad in the 2'nd qualifier. I gimped around the track for BQ and went on to win by 2 laps.

Todd Hodge took the TQ, but after an ugly A-Main where only 3 of the 9 cars finished, he was one of the broken ones. Top 5 drivers all broke actually. The traction was pretty bad, but hopefully enough people will be driving on it tomorrow to make it come up, and give us some good Nats practice.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Randy--Thanks for the update bro! Were you using the rear shock mod?

Brant
Old 03-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

I tried the rear shock mod... I like it. It seemed to carry more speed through the corners and provided more steering as I only saused 1/3 of the front tires as I usually needed to sause to the orange.

I didn't get to compare lap time via transponeder but my seat of the pants impression is it is faster than having the shocks behind the arms. Next week I'll get to race with it.

Keith has Hodge posted your full setup? I'd like to compare it to my setup.

med grip carpet (90'x43') - previous lap times 11.5/4 today seemed closer to 11.2/1 with a 19t.

E
Old 03-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
OMG... what are you doing here....
just going fishing... (successfully as it happens)

No, you were very fast when you got clean shots through the traffic. You go that fast for 5 minutes and I'm no chance...
Old 03-04-2006, 10:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Randy--Thanks for the update bro! Were you using the rear shock mod?

Brant
No, trying to keep my car as close to Todd's as I can, his was super fast, and I dont want to stray too far from the good setup he found.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
No, trying to keep my car as close to Todd's as I can, his was super fast, and I dont want to stray too far from the good setup he found.
I forgot your running the rear motor car. BTW--How does it feel?

Brant
Old 03-05-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Randy Caster: Hi, what tire inserts do you use for racing in So Cal Raceway? Thank you.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

EricF= i dont know. I dont think so. If he did, it is not where I have looked.

Randy... how do yo like the new car compared to the old?

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. I am home this weekend and made it to the new track here in WNY... they had a really tight layout and I got to do a little setup chasing. In the end, i got the fast lap.. and the TQ but in the main got worked in the 3rd turn.

The only thing I changed was to 25lb front spring and added half a degree of front camber.

Keith
Old 03-05-2006, 07:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I forgot your running the rear motor car. BTW--How does it feel?

Brant
So far it feels really good, I'm going to be at the track in about an hour and a half, gonna test something different every run, basically just to learn what the different changes do on carpet. I havent actually had just a practice day on carpet before, so I kinda go off of other peoples advise, I personally like to be the person giving the advice, so hopefully after today I can do that.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Randy Caster: Hi, what tire inserts do you use for racing in So Cal Raceway? Thank you.
Yokomo 039F's seem to be the fastest, but may lack traction from time to time. I normally run Tamiya wheels now, great steering, but if you need a little more traction, Yokomo precision dish is the way to go.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
EricF= i dont know. I dont think so. If he did, it is not where I have looked.

Randy... how do yo like the new car compared to the old?

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. I am home this weekend and made it to the new track here in WNY... they had a really tight layout and I got to do a little setup chasing. In the end, i got the fast lap.. and the TQ but in the main got worked in the 3rd turn.

The only thing I changed was to 25lb front spring and added half a degree of front camber.

Keith
The front motor car was definately dialed for me in Vegas, but I feel like I am already a hair faster with the rear motor car, just need to pick up some consistancy and stop backing up 11.2's with 11.7's and 8's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.