Team Losi JRXS

Old 02-20-2006, 12:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I ran it back-to-back with the normal rear end yesterday. I waited until the traction came up at SoCal (high-bite asphault) before I made the switch, to test it in racing conditions. On my first pack with the new rear end, it definately gave the car a ton more steering, and weight transfer seemed instant right to left, quite possibly the best handling car I have ever run there. I figured I should just leave the car as-is, and just wait for racing to run again. I mounted up new race tires, took it out to the track, and the car pushed horribly, was using the brakes in almost every turn with a double 1-way setup, dumped about 30 secs early. Second qualifier, I raised the front spindles .030, car was more aggressive, but still pushy and slow to transfer weight. In the main, I kept the raised spindles, but put on 25lb springs replacing the 20lb springs. Car was good, but nothing like how it was in my last practice run. I'll be at the track all day tomorrow trying to figure out how I can get my car back to how it was on my last practice run.

Ultimately, my best time on that layout was 8.3, this matched anyone elses's fast lap. My fast lap with the forward mounted shocks and tower was 8.1, new fast lap for this layout. Hopefully with some work tomorrow, I'll be able to break into the 7 second laptimes in racing on Tuesday.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster

Ultimately, my best time on that layout was 8.3, this matched anyone elses's fast lap. My fast lap with the forward mounted shocks and tower was 8.1, new fast lap for this layout. Hopefully with some work tomorrow, I'll be able to break into the 7 second laptimes in racing on Tuesday.

nice
Old 02-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Tried the Camber mod over the weekend, running 19t on Friday and then 27t on Sunday.

Friday was interesting, ran a near kit setup apart from a front one-way, low roll centre on the rear and the pulley/diff set to the higher position. Used 2 degree caster blocks as well. The car felt fantastic on cs22s using Jack the Gripper, managed to take .5 of a second per lap off the standard link car.

However, after about 4 mins the rear tyres would seriously overheat and make the car somewhat interesting to drive. Afew changes needed for sunday...

I put the 4 degree blocks on and the car still had the 'directness' of the original setup and retained grip for the full 5 minutes.

The Track
Old 02-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have a good rollout for the car at the World of Hobbies (http://theworldofhobbies.com/) in Sharonville, OH when running a monster stock?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Tried the Camber mod over the weekend, running 19t on Friday and then 27t on Sunday.

Friday was interesting, ran a near kit setup apart from a front one-way, low roll centre on the rear and the pulley/diff set to the higher position. Used 2 degree caster blocks as well. The car felt fantastic on cs22s using Jack the Gripper, managed to take .5 of a second per lap off the standard link car.

However, after about 4 mins the rear tyres would seriously overheat and make the car somewhat interesting to drive. Afew changes needed for sunday...

I put the 4 degree blocks on and the car still had the 'directness' of the original setup and retained grip for the full 5 minutes.

The Track
WOW look at dem poles!!! and i thought socal was bad they have 4 times the amount.

cool tight track looks technical given the amount of room that you have to work with.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

It's weird, the drivers seem to be able to blank them out while driving. The race to the rostrum is intense though, visibility while stood in the middle can be a bit poor.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

The Track
Damm Poles!!
Old 02-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

they should run slolom around those poles... that would be fun!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
On my first pack with the new rear end, it definately gave the car a ton more steering, and weight transfer seemed instant right to left, quite possibly the best handling car I have ever run there.

Randy,
When you’re done with tinkering, can you post your setup
Old 02-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

You know what I really love about Team Losi cars? Its the community.

If you go on threads for other manufacturers theres no-one willing to hack their car up with a dremel in search of those valuable seconds on the track. They just wait for the cars manufacturer to bring out the latest part, money no object. Is this one of the reasons why Losi cars are always completely away from the design norm?

I don't care I think its awesome and long may it continue.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:21 PM
TLRacing

You know what I really love about Team Losi cars? Its the community.

If you go on threads for other manufacturers theres no-one willing to hack their car up with a dremel in search of those valuable seconds on the track. They just wait for the cars manufacturer to bring out the latest part, money no object. Is this one of the reasons why Losi cars are always completely away from the design norm?

I don't care I think its awesome and long may it continue.

We just dare to be different! We would rather be innovative than just normal and copy everyone use.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
We just dare to be different! We would rather be innovative than just normal and copy everyone use.

whya rent you at work? I just tried calling you

aim me KBpowerd

KB
Old 02-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default new outdrives

Spotted this at rc50.com

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=12&pos=356
Old 02-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hurry up and innovate that 1/8th buggy~! Yeah baby.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Randy,
When you’re done with tinkering, can you post your setup
Definately, although I dont know if it will work on any track but SoCal. I made some more progress today, although they changed the layout so I didn't have anything to compare laptimes to, but me and Numan were both down to matching 9.2 second times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.