Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Keith and all-----Sounds like this could be a great aid on the rug and I bet will be good on the asphalt with some adjustments. Thanks Keith!!!!

Brant
Old 02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my apologies in advance if this has been posted, until recently i have not been a follower of the jrxs thread.

any word on when/if a new rear-motor version of this model is going to be available. also, my other pet peeve about the car is the unprotected diffs (parking lot racing). any info if covers, ie xray labrynth style, are going to be made for the car?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brad996
Randy where can I pick up a checkpoint 19 turn because great plains does not have them in stock and I would like to get one before March 10th
Have these motors been released yet?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKFF5&P=3

Says Late February...motor looks awesome though, I think it will be the hot ticket in 19T. So when do they come out with a stocker??
Old 02-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee-dub
my apologies in advance if this has been posted, until recently i have not been a follower of the jrxs thread.
any word on when/if a new rear-motor version of this model is going to be available. also, my other pet peeve about the car is the unprotected diffs (parking lot racing). any info if covers, ie xray labrynth style, are going to be made for the car?
The rear motor cars are just prototypes for now. There were some new parts on them at the 'birds, like shorter outdrives with longer cvd's. The shorter of the two outdrives actually vanished (not kidding), putting the pin of the axle inside the pulley. It looked trick, allowing the axle to be the proper length to match the longer arms on those cars.

I raced from April to November on a dusty asphalt track last year with the JRXS and only once rebuilt the diff. Even then, it was rebuilt b'c I didn't have it tight enough and anihilated the first set of rings and balls. Since that initial rebuild, they haven't been touched and are still money through this indoor season! p.s.-the kit balls are carbide!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Keeping diff clean

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
Here's something I did to make my diffs stay smooth longer. Since the Losi thrust is kind of open in the middle, mine seems to get gritty real fast. When I rebuild, the diff rings aren't the problem, it is always the thrust bearing. My TC3 diffs stayed good for 2 to 3 years because they were more closed in. I simply took a piece of Lexan & cut it to fit around the diff housing & then put a small #2 screw into the gray plastic to hold it in. Make sure you don't turn the screw in too far. R.W.
Rick came up with this and I used it last week and it really works good, kept them clean and not to much of a pain in the but, only if you want to loosen or tighten the diff. I used a battery tube that I had gotten from a purchase of batteries.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brad996
Randy where can I pick up a checkpoint 19 turn because great plains does not have them in stock and I would like to get one before March 10th
Check with any hobby store you can, their motors seem to sell out as soon as they get in, but Ultimate Hobbies, or Tower Hobbies would be the best place to check out.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gee-dub

Same for me as Greg. Built the diffs in April and ran all year outdoors and now for the carpet I finally rebuilt the front diff but only to use a heavier diff lube. JRXS diffs and outdoors mix just fine! No worries!

Brant
Old 02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by automator
Have these motors been released yet?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKFF5&P=3

Says Late February...motor looks awesome though, I think it will be the hot ticket in 19T. So when do they come out with a stocker??
Now that they have the fixed endbell, the 27 turn testing shouldn't be too far away, however they are probably the busiest company out there right now, and are backordered on the mod and 19 turn stuff, so the stocks may be a little while.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

HELLO????? TAP-TAP!!!! IS THIS THING STILL ON????

Too quiet in here fellas!!!
So did anybody get to try the shock mod at the track this weekend? Just looking to see what the thoughts are.

Brant
Old 02-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I tried it in practice, about 4 packs. It seemed to transfer weight to the front too fast. I changed back and seemed like it was better. That is if there was any difference at all.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gatrbite
I tried it in practice, about 4 packs. It seemed to transfer weight to the front too fast. I changed back and seemed like it was better. That is if there was any difference at all.
Carpet?
High bite?
Low bite?

Brant
Old 02-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gatrbite
I'm confused...Are you talking about TQ Orange or Upper Camber Links?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Carpet. I had the mod on from when it was low bite until it was on the medium/high side.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm confused...Are you talking about TQ Orange or Upper Camber Links?
I'm refering to mounting the rear shock tower on the front side of the bulkhead. Where did you come up with TQ Orange?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Bill--A page or two back Keith B was talking about how good his car felt at the birds with mounting his shocks on the front of the arms in the rear.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.