Team Losi JRXS

Old 01-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
I thought the repositioning of the weight was to get more weight to the rear of the car and I assumed this was to add more rear grip. hmmm

Oh well, that's good that it's still got buckets of steering....
Actually it takes weight away from the rear of the car to stop the car from having as much of a pendulum effect.... And becasue of the way the motor is spinning and such it does affect how the car accelerates with the motor in the rear.

EA
Old 01-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

2Bad and Bill--Thanks for the compliments fellas! (the checks are in the mail!)

But I still am running the and my original JRXS. Last night on the rug I was able to get the car way more driveable than the last time by usuing the new front arms and softer springs. I was so pumped about the carpet race and taking my son for his first sedan race that I ran off and forgot my Matt Howard set-ups I wanted to use! DOHHHH!!!!! CRAP!!!! LOL! Sorry Matt I will do better next time. I was however very impressed with the newer arms and running softer springs for consistancy and better corner speed. I am still running the camber mod and as long as I run this car I will never run again without it!!! I ended up running 25 springs fr. with 50 oil and 15 springs rear with same oil and I shimmed the rear roll center up 1 thick spacer. I did TQ but my arch rival and I were just neck and neck on lap times with his being a tac more consistant. My car is still a lil too aggrerssive entering the corners but after I removed my head out of my butt and stopped taking away steering, I then put the steering back in and picked up traction on the rear. My car really only needs that tiny lil bit of on power steering to make it really good. My few trys to do this only made it snap too sharplycoming off the corner. Sorry for the ramble but my PC has been down for 2 days and I have felt like a heroin addict jonesing for a fix! LMAO

Brant
Old 01-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have a question will the orion lipo batterie fit in the jrxs if it doesnt wat do i need to do to make it fit
Old 01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Brant, Brant, Brant,

Thanks for the account. Do you have the new arms on the rear (or PK brackets)?

How did your son do and what was he driving?

Bill
Old 01-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
i have a question will the orion lipo batterie fit in the jrxs if it doesnt wat do i need to do to make it fit
Aren't they square at both ends??? Won't work!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So anyway I was at the track today, and my Jrxs was finally not a total bag of ass. The biggest problem was that it pushed in the middle of a big sweeper coming off of the straight, and seemed to need a bit more corner speed. On a per lap basis I was off about .5 a lap despite good motor in a straight line. The car seemed to turn ok in the infield, and changed direction well especially in chicanes. I was at least as fast or maybe even a tick faster than the new Xray cars there.
Any ideas?
med/hi traction carpet
front
25 lb spring
56 piston
50 wt oil 2orings in bladder
Inner most hole on tower #1 hole(3rd in)/new arm location
Camber mod, used bottom hole in tower for inner location
low diff
1* camber
2* front pivot
low roll center no shims or dive/kick
.5 toe out
arms middle
6* caster
1mm droop
no swaybar
4.5 ride ht.
1 .030 shim on steering rack/none on knuckle
magenta/org. front 55mm

rear
20lb spring
55 piston
50 wt oil
no oring in bladder
3rd hole in on tower #2 hole/new arm location
1* camber
a location on hub(inside)/inside middle hole on tower #4
1* pivot/1*hub (offset)=2* toe
arms middle
low roll center with .065 shim, and .035 antisquat
high diff
no swaybar
ride 4.5
droop 2mm
magenta 55mm
std. hexes
Parma alfa
I also tried 30lb/25lb springs, maybe a bit easier to drive. Just seemed maxxed out, all out of travel in the sweeper.

Not sure if lighter springs would be the answer....

Last edited by robk; 01-29-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, dont say a lot on this fourm but thought Id let you guys know about my day. Ran the new arms....LOVE. Thats all I can say about this car. TC on foams is probably one of my least favorite classes, yet this car has quickly and easily become my favorite car Ive ever owned.

JRX-S = $ $

edit: on a side note, makes me happy to say the one and only Xray T2 had nothing for me in the main.. If I had a servo that didnt bind on my motor (gotta fix that) I would have snagged the win I believe.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
So anyway I was at the track today, and my Jrxs was finally not a total bag of ass. The biggest problem was that it pushed in the middle of a big sweeper coming off of the straight, and seemed to need a bit more corner speed. On a per lap basis I was off about .5 a lap despite good motor in a straight line. The car seemed to turn ok in the infield, and changed direction well especially in chicanes. I was at least as fast or maybe even a tick faster than the new Xray cars there.
Any ideas?
med/hi traction carpet
front
25 lb spring
56 piston
50 wt oil 2orings in bladder
Inner most hole on tower #1 hole(3rd in)/new arm location
Camber mod, used bottom hole in tower for inner location
low diff
1* camber
2* front pivot
low roll center no shims or dive/kick
.5 toe out
arms middle
6* caster
1mm droop
no swaybar
4.5 ride ht.
1 .030 shim on steering rack/none on knuckle
magenta/org. front 55mm

rear
20lb spring
55 piston
50 wt oil
no oring in bladder
3rd hole in on tower #2 hole/new arm location
1* camber
a location on hub(inside)/inside middle hole on tower #4
1* pivot/1*hub (offset)=2* toe
arms middle
low roll center with .065 shim, and .035 antisquat
high diff
no swaybar
ride 4.5
droop 2mm
magenta 55mm
std. hexes
Parma alfa
I also tried 30lb/25lb springs, maybe a bit easier to drive. Just seemed maxxed out, all out of travel in the sweeper.

Not sure if lighter springs would be the answer....

Try using the high roll center in the front with 1 thick shim under front/rear block for anti-dive. Then use the low roll in the rear end with 1 thick shim under both front and rear-rear blocks. Set ride height to 5 mm and try it. If all is good but you notice a small on-power push off the corners then take out 1/2 mm of droop in the front. Try this and let me know how it feels in your car. Also, if this makes the car a little twitchy, go up 1 thin shim all around on the front. The camber mod is great but does take a lil getting used to it. Good Luck! OH, I was also using the wide front hex's and std. ones on the rear.

Brant
Old 01-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Here in green bay the jrx-s was the most popular car for racing rubber, only one x-ray that I can think off. I am just trying to to make one work with foam. The old cars are making a comeback, TC3 are just as fast. There are a few xxx's to.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wait till ya see my newly revamped TC3 now can you say almost a second a lap faster?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

those seem like some light springs for running foam
Old 01-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I know what you mean. I thought the same. As I started with 50's and worked my way down the car got better and better. See what you think and your track may be way different than mine so good luck!! Let me know how it goes.

Brant
Old 01-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Cos of the central weight, I don't think you can apply the same princples everyone has learnt from other cars to this one.....

For example: rubbers on asphalt: I know very few car that doen't run swaybars as standard.

look outside the square.... you maybe surprised....
Old 01-31-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone have the link to Ray C's setup? It was linked to Parma/PSE and I seem to have lost it. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I think you mean Paul C's setup. You may be confusing Ray H and Paul C.

But anyways,

http://www.parmapse.com/jrx2.jpg

Plus some notes from one of his posts about this setup

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=9821

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Anyone have the link to Ray C's setup? It was linked to Parma/PSE and I seem to have lost it. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.