Tech Master

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
Trakside- i responded to that post earlier
Sorry Anon, did not realise you were refering to me
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 01-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DR.FeelGood
Hge glitch problem with the JRXS. I just got the car two weeks ago, I got the car from someone who already had it built and setup. THe car glitches so bad that I can not even make it a lap. It seems that the SERVO is causing the motor to do all kinds of stupid stuff. Sometimes when I am turning the wheel The motor JERKS hard and then cuts out. I have done the following to try and figure this out. Motor is a EPIC 27 turn. It has the chip on the back of the motor to reduce noise but still nothing. I have changed servos, recivers, radio and the motor twice and its still undrivable. If anyone could offer any ideas that I could try, because this car is about to get a flight out the freakin WINDOW!!!

THanks

CHris
any ideas?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hge glitch problem with the JRXS. I just got the car two weeks ago, I got the car from someone who already had it built and setup. THe car glitches so bad that I can not even make it a lap. It seems that the SERVO is causing the motor to do all kinds of stupid stuff. Sometimes when I am turning the wheel The motor JERKS hard and then cuts out. I have done the following to try and figure this out. Motor is a EPIC 27 turn. It has the chip on the back of the motor to reduce noise but still nothing. I have changed servos, recivers, radio and the motor twice and its still undrivable. If anyone could offer any ideas that I could try, because this car is about to get a flight out the freakin WINDOW!!!

THanks

CHris
Doc- Have you tried crystals that you KNOW are working correctly? (for example, a pair of crystals that a friend has run that operated correctly?) Sorry to hear that you are having radio problems, but there MUST be an element within your electronics that isn't working properly....
Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

any ideas?
I posted something way back very simular and found it to be my hand set (Mars Wheel) and motor mount, as when I switched on the hand set, the steering went to the left automaticly, but had noticed that the car would track out to the left and somtimes to the right, and thought it was the servo horn jumping a tooth, but found out it was the #1 setting on the hand set, the steering tweak on that particular setting had gone west, so went and set the hand set up on a fresh setting that had NOT been used before, and the steering was sound, BUT to stop the glitching I stuck a piece of lexon to the inside of the motor mount, as you only need to get a slight scratch in the black anodising and you WILL get interference, also I use fibre washers instead of metal washers for the motor mounting screws so that NO metal is touching the motor mount
Hope this one helps you Dr Feel Good
Cheers The CanFanMan
Old 01-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

if you want the setup its a couple pages back and on JRXS.com if you want the car ill sell it cheap...i got 8 cars right now!!!
R/C Anon, I'v been running your set up on a tight track and found it very good, but this weekend we have "carpet wars" in the UK (rubber on carpet) speeds being a lot higher with some sweepers as well as hair pins, taking a gess, would you change much
Old 01-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any ideas?
Do you have a personal transponder on the car? I had my personal mounted next to the reciver and got crazy glitches...couldn't go more then 5 feet from the radio.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Do you have a personal transponder on the car? I had my personal mounted next to the reciver and got crazy glitches...couldn't go more then 5 feet from the radio.
Can you hookme with a set-up for south shore 19-turn
Old 01-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

DR.Feelgood

Try mounting your reciever on its side instead of flat on the chassis and see if that helps. and try to keep the receiver away from the batteries as well, good luck. try to mount the receiver parallel with the antenna mount as a referance point.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Can you hookme with a set-up for south shore 19-turn
Sure, new or old arms?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's my mod setup I used this past weekend if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-jrxsmodsetupsmaller.jpg  
Old 01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Here is my current setup, it worked very well at the Magma race, and is what i typically run at SouthShore.....its dialed in for mod or 19 turn, should be decent in stock also.

Dawgmeat, if you want an older setup with the normal arms i could post that also.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ssh jan06.pdf (330.7 KB, 163 views)
Old 01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Yea I also agree with the PT thing, I used to run it just above the motor , now its in the middle of the rear deck
Cheers T CAN MAN
Old 01-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Here's my mod setup I used this past weekend if anyone is interested.
Is this the same setup as yours Anon, as I looked on page 316 and could not find your set up if not, could you let us have it ahgain please
Cheers T CAN MAN
Old 01-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Is this the same setup as yours Anon, as I looked on page 316 and could not find your set up if not, could you let us have it ahgain please
Cheers T CAN MAN
mine is for stock rubber carpet(the older carpet not the new CRC Fasttrack stuff) i tried my setup at S&N's trackside(much higher traction carpet then what i usually race) awhile ago and it was fast except in the sweepers(about .7 a lap slower then the fastest rubber tire car there).
Probably still good enough to make the A main at the Novak Race or top of the B
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-anonymous-setup.jpg  
Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

mine is for stock rubber carpet(the older carpet not the new CRC Fasttrack stuff) i tried my setup at S&N's trackside(much higher traction carpet then what i usually race) awhile ago and it was fast except in the sweepers(about .7 a lap slower then the fastest rubber tire car there).
Probably still good enough to make the A main at the Novak Race or top of the B
Cheers for that Anon, will try it at the weekend and will give you some feed back
THE CAN MAN

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.