Team Losi JRXS

Old 10-17-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

The more pics I see the more I'm impressed! Looks like it's got XXX-S steering bellcranks & servo mounts. Those top decks and shock towers are thick.
The only concern is the battery mounting. It's gonna be a tight squeeze getting a battery in there. It looks like there isn't even room for the battery bars to squeeze through. Let alone euro plugs. Won't the batt. short if the bars hit the chassis plate? I guess a lil' ca & electrical tape on the edges will take care of that
Those diff outdrives are trick. Slots for the reg. dog bone pins and possibly BK bones?
Thumbs up if they put lock nuts into a plastic block for the batt. retaining screws. It costs less to replace a lil' locknut then to replace that block when it strips out.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by dasupacat

Thumbs up if they put lock nuts into a plastic block for the batt. retaining screws. It costs less to replace a lil' locknut then to replace that block when it strips out.
That would be a great idea ...I wonder if that's how it's held in? ...else those plastic block would prolly need to be replaced periodically.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Does anybody know if the car is gonna have a servo saver? Will one even fit? Looks like a tight fit for servo as it is.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do like the steering, got me to thinking now though, lol, that is just a trick way of overcoming the space, design brief issue, whoever had that idea needs a BIG pat on the back!!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
A few of us are still debating about battery bars or euro plugs not fitting this way, or not fitting that way... how long have these cars been out on the track racing? Come on people, we're beating this 'battery bar dilemna' TO DEATH. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone's opinions or valid concern's but DAMN, how many pictures have we seen and how many people has actually looked over the car and reported to us about it? If the pros haven't found a flaw with it 'yet', why are we...

- jaYBee keep roll'n, roll'n, roll'n, roll'n
Old 10-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by JayBee
If the pros haven't found a flaw with it 'yet', why are we...

- jaYBee
Exactly!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Exactly!
Maybe we're more observant than the pros j/k ...he said ducking!!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Maybe we're more observant than the pros j/k ...he said ducking!!
Maybe we're paid less.

Don't forget to duck when I see you at Stockton....
Old 10-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

erm, I think it is more to do with the fact that a pro driver (of any brand) shouldn't be seen to slate a car off, definately their own, and they are normally in a far better position to have cells built specially for one car....

One other thing I have looked at, the bulkheads front and rear, what material they made of, is it the new stuff they have been making the gearbox casings on the XX BK2??
Old 10-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the battery screws go into a captured lock nut of some type...
Old 10-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

It looks the same so it could be.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by mr. losi
the battery screws go into a captured lock nut of some type...
probably the same way the motor screws are held into the XXXS?

Keith
Old 10-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

About the shock towers and mounts. Let's hope that the fifth body mount and body will protect it enough. I could see the weak point being the mount for them. Especially in high mount mode. And the diff holders would be what you have to replace. . I would have liked to see a strengthening bar mounted between those mounts in at least the front. Instead of them being just two points jutting up with only the body and body mount to protect it. But that is what the shock towers are supposed to do I guess. I just liked the XXX-S mounts better. They would seem stronger to me.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wcoyote
I just liked the XXX-S mounts better. They would seem stronger to me.
Matt Francis has had a fifth body post on his XXX-S since I met him a year ago. Per him, it is there to eliminate the body flex that occurs when rocketing down the straights. Also stops the body from cracking above the front wheel openings.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

i understand ur concern about the strength of the bulkhead, i thought may be they ought to have been machined out of aluminium or something, but may be the composite they used is strong enough, not sure.. i do hope it's rigid enough, or there could be flex from the mount to the shock tower, which won't be good when the shocks are compressed!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.