Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

I saw the new car at the chicago show today and boy is it nice. It is the same as in the pics on the post above. The street price said 349. It has bladder shocks and I was told the shocks were changed to a smaller design for fit. There is a small space that the shock has to fit into and the old design was too large. The battery is unique. It has a tray that unscews from the bottom similar to a battery tray in the nitro cars. I think you have to direct solder just so it will fit in there. The longer I looked at the car the more I noticed. Very well thought out and well designed. The new Drake 2 has a caged thrust assembly in the diffs so hopefully the jrxs will too. Well now we just have to hold out till the end of the year for the release.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the update Jim. Too bad you didn't have any new pics.

Brant
Old 10-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kraig
Minimum Advertised Price.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Kraig,

MAP actually stands for "Manufacturer's Advertised Price" which has nothing to do with "minimum".

XXX-S Bill (soon to be JRXS Bill I suppose)
Old 10-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

XXX-S BILL - Kraig is right, it's "minumum advertised price". It's something Horizon started about 6-8 years ago. It's the minmum price Horizon "suggests" that their hobby shop customers advertise a product at. The hobby shop can sell it for less, just not advertise it.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by hobbyman_7
XXX-S BILL - Kraig is right, it's "minumum advertised price". It's something Horizon started about 6-8 years ago. It's the minmum price Horizon "suggests" that their hobby shop customers advertise a product at. The hobby shop can sell it for less, just not advertise it.
My apologies to Kraig then.

MAP is an old Purchasing Department term as how I defined it.

Like MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price).
Old 10-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I sure hope the batteries are not a direct solder type. Not all racers have electricity available to them to run a soldering iron.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rcdougie
I sure hope the batteries are not a direct solder type. Not all racers have electricity available to them to run a soldering iron.
For what I've seen, I don't see any way around that fact. After all, it is supposed to be a Ferrari class car.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

ferrari class? haha.. if that's true it must be at least triple the price
Old 10-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Pooky,
My film is getting developed. I thought they were gonna call security on me when I started picking it up and snapping pics. Lots of stuff is still secret I guess. When some questions were asked about outdrives and diffs and such all I got was a big smile.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you still need to run connectors... the XXXS is comming in an rtr now... perhaps the full on race kit is not for you???

Hardwiring is not as bad as anyone thinks. I have been doing it since the first time i raced,,, in 1993.. when I was 14.

If you dont have access to a soldering iron.. radio shack sells them cheap.. if you say what if theyre is no power, they make butane powered irons that work great.. (I reccommend the Snap ON Blue tip)

Also, having seen the car in person.. it IS possible to run a euro connector... you would just need to run it off of a battery bar, pointing away from the pack.. ANYTHING is possible.. but why bother? its so simple to hardwire.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Keith Billanti
If you still need to run connectors... the XXXS is comming in an rtr now
...I actually use those "euro jobs", but if I need to hard solder to take advantage of this beauty ...I will, it's like when you upgrade your squeeze ...you can't just take the new one to McDonald's for dinner anymore.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Exactly!....

The ol big mac just wont cut it...

na.. i have used the euro connectors when racing was outside and there was no electricity.... but a butane iron works wonders and it is just so simple to hardwire.. its cleaner looking, cheaper.... ect.. besides, you hard wire your motor in dont you?

my advise to those who are skepticle is to try it.. if you are unsure of your soldering skills,, just ask someone to show you... its VERY simple to learn.

Keith
Old 10-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

I wish the car was coming out before the Indoor Champs...oh well. Im definatly getting one.
-Buddy
Old 10-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Keith,
Sorry for my ignorance my holyness!! I know how to solder. With your helpful tips and wonderful attitude you should be sponsored!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default That's good news...

you can use AE springs. I hope the Losi's new shocks will fit on my TC4. I like the color much better. I can finally get rid of those AE $hi! shocks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.